Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

The football on display is breath taking.  Great to watch and as good as I've seen.

Well done the players and management and also well done to those who run the club that were brave enough to remove Ferguson.   

We can do it.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

That was the best for a long time. 6-0 and that flatters Musselburgh. Frightening going forward.

Thought Musselburgh were actually the better team 1st half! Bizarre maybe, but all I spoke to agreed with me. But you guys were clinical and 3 soft 2nd half goals made it a procession. Obviously a deserved victory. Wish you well.

6 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

Thought Musselburgh were actually the better team 1st half! Bizarre maybe, but all I spoke to agreed with me. But you guys were clinical and 3 soft 2nd half goals made it a procession. Obviously a deserved victory. Wish you well.

I'm not sure if I'd say Mussy were the better team but the first half was no cake walk for Lithgae. As you say though clinical finishing the difference. Second half à different story. The pace of attack from Lithgae is frightening at times with any number of players capable of scoring. 

55 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

First half was more even but no way were Musselburgh the better team. 

8 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fuzzy, can the wee Rose do it ??

Looking like a tight finish but at least the Rose are back in the hunt after looking out of it when Brown Ferguson was playing for draws at Sauchie and LTHV.

6 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Looking like a tight finish but at least the Rose are back in the hunt after looking out of it when Brown Ferguson was playing for draws at Sauchie and LTHV.

Question for you FB - Has there been a number of new players at Linlithgow since Ferguson left, or is it purely the way the players have rallied with Herd at the helm? Huge change of fortune since the change of management.

33 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Question for you FB - Has there been a number of new players at Linlithgow since Ferguson left, or is it purely the way the players have rallied with Herd at the helm? Huge change of fortune since the change of management.

Since Ferguson left we have signed Lawrie, Bremner, McMullan, McKenzie, Allan, Baur, Payne, Dublin-Green and McPherson.

We have got rid of Brownlie, Cairns, Stevenson, Wilson, Kasa, McLennan, Coyne and Dublin-Green. Might have missed 1 or 2.

Biggest change is the style of football. Young, fit and play a great style. Ferguson's team was boring and turgid. Players look like they are enjoying it.

Edited by FuzzyBear

Agree with this. I think the moral of the story is buying players from the leagues above doesn’t necessarily mean better.

it’s showing for me what I’ve always thought - your top level “juniors” are every bit as good as League 2 and Lowland League player. There’s some really good players all over the East Premier and it’s a joy watching the crop we’ve brought in at the moment.

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

12 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Agree with this. I think the moral of the story is buying players from the leagues above doesn’t necessarily mean better.

it’s showing for me what I’ve always thought - your top level “juniors” are every bit as good as League 2 and Lowland League player. There’s some really good players all over the East Premier and it’s a joy watching the crop we’ve brought in at the moment.

Aye but your top level junior players are that because other teams took a chance on them. Ur 5 ex camelon players and bremner at newtongrange.

Herdy gave boys a chance at camelon and in fairness had done again bringing Payne in from kennoway. Wouldn't have been very often the rose would have taken a chance on a lad from levels below 

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Aye but your top level junior players are that because other teams took a chance on them. Ur 5 ex camelon players and bremner at newtongrange.

Herdy gave boys a chance at camelon and in fairness had done again bringing Payne in from kennoway. Wouldn't have been very often the rose would have taken a chance on a lad from levels below 

Probably a bit of truth in that but that’s the nature of having to operate smaller budgets at smaller clubs.

There are plenty of examples though. Coco from Whitburn, McArthur from Faulhouse, Danny Smith from Dunipace, Ruari MacLennan from Bridgend Amateurs, Jack Ogilvie from Bannockburn Amateurs. Most of these went on to become club legends!

1 minute ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Probably a bit of truth in that but that’s the nature of having to operate smaller budgets at smaller clubs.

There are plenty of examples though. Coco from Whitburn, McArthur from Faulhouse, Danny Smith from Dunipace, Ruari MacLennan from Bridgend Amateurs, Jack Ogilvie from Bannockburn Amateurs. Most of these went on to become club legends!

Yes but those teams u mentioned were at the same level as you at the time. But we took docherty youngsyer on loan from stenny then signed him permanent. The two connors were released by stirling albion both on loan at cumbernauld colts and ended up at us. Stowe wasn't anywhere came to us. Snedds was at falkirk juniors they then folded came to us.  Theirs less of a risk when taking a player from the same league. 

That fauldhouse team also had colin allison and most of the former dunipace team under tubby harkins. Coops etc.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Herdy did indeed give the boys a chance. Pity your committee didn't give them the furlough money. You could be sitting 2nd top the now.🙃

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Herdy did indeed give the boys a chance. Pity your committee didn't give them the furlough money. You could be sitting 2nd top the now.🙃

So we're we sitting 2nd at this point in the covid interrupted season. Lost 2-1 @ boness in December We were 5th when football was stopped in March. Docherty and stowe were out. So that means as much as that we were sitting 2nd after 3 games this season

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

So we're we sitting 2nd at this point in the covid interrupted season. Lost 2-1 @ boness in December We were 5th when football was stopped in March. Docherty and stowe were out. So that means as much as that we were sitting 2nd after 3 games this season

Its like a lovers tiff each time you come onto the Linlithgow Forum Alan 😀

Guest Stevie 1969
4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Levels below?? He was 1 league below and had scored over 20 goals by end of October? Also had Been at a couple of Premier clubs in his teens, but never given a chance. Fair play to the lad for knuckling down I would say after a few disappointments.