Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

4 hours ago, Andydoc said:

Penicuik and Tranent have still to play each other home and away. Two draws would be the best case scenario for Linlithgow I reckon.

Last 2 scheduled games in the league this season have Linlithgow playing Tranent then penicuik. If Tranent and Penicuik draw both their games against each other, the league is wide open and if Linlithgow keep their run going it'll make for an unbelievable finish.

Best case is definitely two Tranent wins as we’ve still to play them twice.

We are still quite a bit behind!

26 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I’d agree with that too, Tranent have played 2 more games than Penicuik and the Rose. Draw and a Tranent win wouldn’t be the worst outcome either

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Officials if they saw it as a team can change their minds that wasn't what happened. Linesman gave the penalty the changed his mind. He was closest to it. It was a pen. 

Jamie allan should have saw red. Stowe should have got a 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away if he was being as consistent as you suggest as he booked greg macpherson for it moments before. Seems to bother you more than me. 

We are moving on to next week's game vs broxburn

It wasn't a penalty, it was a dive. The forward, Mitch?, will confirm this, if you ask him. He tried to gain an advantage and was caught out. It happens.

There were several occasions when players, from both sides,  kicked to he ball away - the ref didn't book them, just Greg because he thought he was deliberately wasting time.

And why are you talking about camelon's next game with broxburn on the Linlithgow thread? What has it to do with last weekend's game?

6 hours ago, Andydoc said:

Penicuik and Tranent have still to play each other home and away. Two draws would be the best case scenario for Linlithgow I reckon.

Last 2 scheduled games in the league this season have Linlithgow playing Tranent then penicuik. If Tranent and Penicuik draw both their games against each other, the league is wide open and if Linlithgow keep their run going it'll make for an unbelievable finish.

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

1 hour ago, sponsorsladdie said:

I’d agree with that too, Tranent have played 2 more games than Penicuik and the Rose. Draw and a Tranent win wouldn’t be the worst outcome either

Here's the remaining campaigns:

501795654_PremRun.JPG.5550a8b8eda0f985f883dbd88677a7c8.JPG

5 hours ago, Andydoc said:

It wasn't a penalty, it was a dive. The forward, Mitch?, will confirm this, if you ask him. He tried to gain an advantage and was caught out. It happens.

There were several occasions when players, from both sides,  kicked to he ball away - the ref didn't book them, just Greg because he thought he was deliberately wasting time.

And why are you talking about camelon's next game with broxburn on the Linlithgow thread? What has it to do with last weekend's game?

I'm trying to move on to next week game to end this conversation and you are dragging it back to last week's game

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm trying to move on to next week game to end this conversation and you are dragging it back to last week's game

What has Cameron v broxburn to do with this thread?

This is the Linlithgow thread, to discuss matters relating to Linlithgow.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

And their u r again keeping it going. We spoke about Saturdays game I said to end we move on to our next game. 

Which has nothing to do with Linlithgow, or this thread, but still you persist!!

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

EQC R4 tie.

Think you are wrong (if you are saying Linlithgow didn’t get beat 3-1 by Penicuik in the league). All early season matches were league games. 

If you are not referring to the 3-1 match on 7 August; my apologies. 

5 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Think you are wrong (if you are saying Linlithgow didn’t get beat 3-1 by Penicuik in the league). All early season matches were league games. 

Definitely wrong it was a league match 

5 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

4 minutes ago, Slabs said:

Definitely wrong it was a league match 

The original post from HJ has the remaining fixtures for the 3 teams. Which had Linlithgow v. Penicuik under the 'No Date Yet' section with the tie colour coded in red to represent a ECQ game.

This outstanding tie was confused by others as representing a league fixture. Nobody was wrong, the original post was simply misread.

A very enjoyable night watching 2 teams who wanted to play football.

First goal was a great moved ending with a great finish from McKenzie.

Stowe with the 2nd from the spot.

Second half wasn't great and the Rose coasted to 10 in a row.

Ogilvie was my MoM.

I thought we were good in the first half but very scrappy in the second. When Jamie Alan went off we lost the middle of the park especially. Not too much of a criticism though as there's a lot of new boys in the team who haven't really had a chance to bed-in. That'll come and I'm really pleased to see the energy and fitness levels seem to have increased and there's goals all the way through the team. 10 in a row whoever we've played is great form 👍

5 hours ago, Black Dug said:

I thought we were good in the first half but very scrappy in the second. When Jamie Alan went off we lost the middle of the park especially. Not too much of a criticism though as there's a lot of new boys in the team who haven't really had a chance to bed-in. That'll come and I'm really pleased to see the energy and fitness levels seem to have increased and there's goals all the way through the team. 10 in a row whoever we've played is great form 👍

Jamie Allan has been impressive so far imo. Real physical presence in midfield. I know someone said earlier in the thread they thought Halleran was a luxury player (or words roughly to that effect) but I've thought he's looked decent too, and when you add in Olgive and Bremner too there's some good depth in the middle atm.