Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Was always under the impression selling alcohol within the ground was against the law in Scotland ? 
And where were the covid protocols ?? No red zone around dugouts and kids on the pitch 

It is clear to see the difference in the team   night and day from a few weeks ago when draws with Sauchie and LTHV were 
seen as good results by the previous management team. 

27 minutes ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Was always under the impression selling alcohol within the ground was against the law in Scotland ? 
And where were the covid protocols ?? No red zone around dugouts and kids on the pitch 

Im fairly certain drinking on buses is against the law.

The club is usually open an hour before the match half time and after the match.The club is closed during the match.

Nobody has complained about having a drink in the social club before. 

Most visitors enjoy the match day experience in the social club.

I've already commented on the kids on the park and the Covid protocols.

Any issues you have I suggest you take it up with the club. 

Edited by newcastle broon

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Im fairly certain drinking on buses is against the law.

The club is usually open an hour before the match half time and after the match.The club is closed during the match.

Nobody has complained about having a drink in the social club before. 

Most visitors enjoy the match day experience in the social club.

Yes but the club were asking if you wanted a plastic glass to take it outside  punters were drinking from cans in hand during the match purchased in the club that's whats not right 

Edited by SocialClubEnd

5 minutes ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Yes but the club were asking if you wanted a plastic glass to take it outside  punters were drinking from cans in hand during the match purchased in the club that's whats not right 

Plastic glasses I get your point,as for the cans you do know there was a "party bus" in the car park where people were helping themselves to drink so how can you say for sure where the drink inside the ground came from?

Its definately not the norm for drink inside the ground. 

The social club is usually strict when it comes to drinking especially during a match.

As I said best taking your complaint to the club rather than rant on here bud. 

19 minutes ago, SocialClubEnd said:

The majority of people taking advantage and breaking the rules were Linlithgow fans.  

Personally, I enjoyed my visit and pretty sure so did the vast majority of Linlithgow fans. 

I would rather visit a place with atmosphere and have some good old fashioned banter than some of the soulless plastic pitches we regularly visit these days.

8 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I would rather visit a place with atmosphere and have some good old fashioned banter than some of the soulless plastic pitches we regularly visit these days.

Agreed but can you imagine what would happen if supporters piled out the Rose club back door with drink in hand 

3 minutes ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Agreed but can you imagine what would happen if supporters piled out the Rose club back door with drink in hand 

They wouldn’t be allowed, some tried to stand at the back door with drinks at a testimonial a few years back and were asked to go inside to drink as it wasn’t permitted in the ground.

thought it was one of the best atmospheres at a game since Covid kicked in. Interesting discussion about the drinking in grounds as I’m sure I read that down south are considering allowing it again. Football must be about the only sport/event in Scotland where you can’t have a drink

3 minutes ago, SocialClubEnd said:

So are you wanting to get the club into trouble? Pipe down and if you really do have a grievance, you could have either raised it personally with the club yesterday or wrote to the secretary of club making him/her aware of the issue. Mistakes happen but you are just not letting this one go. 

14 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

They wouldn’t be allowed, some tried to stand at the back door with drinks at a testimonial a few years back and were asked to go inside to drink as it wasn’t permitted in the ground.

thought it was one of the best atmospheres at a game since Covid kicked in. Interesting discussion about the drinking in grounds as I’m sure I read that down south are considering allowing it again. Football must be about the only sport/event in Scotland where you can’t have a drink

You can drink from a plastic glass at almost any non league ground that I've visited in the North East. 

You can also drink under the stands at St.James' Park. 

I'm sure that's been a ruling in England for years.

Drink hasnt been allowed in grounds in Scotland since the 1980 cup final. 

Maybes we should've been more strict yesterday and stopped your fans from leaving the ground and bringing drink back in with them. 

Anyway a good 3 points for you yesterday, its good to have a decent following from a team that are gonnae be nowhere near the top of the league. :whistle

25 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Been allowed down there for ages.

53 minutes ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Everybody follows the rose clubs rule.you can't take drink into the ground from the social club. Yesterday it was ww barstaff who said, here's a plastic glass. You can take it outside. 

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Everybody follows the rose clubs rule.you can't take drink into the ground from the social club. Yesterday it was ww barstaff who said, here's a plastic glass. You can take it outside. 

The small band of committee are stretched as it is. 

The bar lad that does it every week was unavailable yesterday. 

As I've said in previous posts take it up wi the club. Obviously looks like an oversight.

48 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The small band of committee are stretched as it is. 

The bar lad that does it every week was unavailable yesterday. 

As I've said in previous posts take it up wi the club. Obviously looks like an oversight.

Been going to FP since 1986 but wasn’t there yesterday. I’ve never once seen drink outside the social club, and everybody has always been kicked out when the game starts. Can’t begin to imagine what was happening yesterday but sounds like JB the barman wasn’t there.

I know there was talk a couple of years ago that clubs would be made to toe the line regarding entrance to the ground via the social club. In WW’s case they would need some kind of fencing which would be a logistical nightmare. That was in the LL mind you.

1 hour ago, UpInTheStand said:

Highlights from yesterday’s game and a post-match interview with Herdy, for those who haven’t seen it on the club’s social channels…

Enjoyed the day out at Rosewell - cheers guys! 

Good highlights looked pretty comfortable. 

31 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Been going to FP since 1986 but wasn’t there yesterday. I’ve never once seen drink outside the social club, and everybody has always been kicked out when the game starts. Can’t begin to imagine what was happening yesterday but sounds like JB the barman wasn’t there.

I know there was talk a couple of years ago that clubs would be made to toe the line regarding entrance to the ground via the social club. In WW’s case they would need some kind of fencing which would be a logistical nightmare. That was in the LL mind you.

What about those that leave the ground and bring their own drink in then? Never ever seen that before. 

Next time they come we'll have it members only then wi maybes auld heed the exception as hes the only one who noticed the strange behaviour from his own set of fans. 

35 minutes ago, Crow said:

A8BD90D7-1149-4B6B-97F8-63BFB90B0D94.jpeg

23863C6F-3786-44C6-8149-1CFF0544A004.jpeg

Stonewaller.

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What about those that leave the ground and bring their own drink in then? Never ever seen that before. 

Next time they come we'll have it members only then wi maybes auld heed the exception as hes the only one who noticed the strange behaviour from his own set of fans. 

Will need to be in a cup tie then.