Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

47 minutes ago, UpInTheStand said:

Highlights from yesterday's match followed by an exclusive interview with Rose manager Gordon Herd...

It would appear I was at a different game to Gordon S... 😉

Would have liked the interviewer to mention playing Camelon in the next round to see his reaction lol. All kidding a side I'm actually looking forward to it be a game worth the admission money.

4 hours ago, UpInTheStand said:

Highlights from yesterday's match followed by an exclusive interview with Rose manager Gordon Herd...

It would appear I was at a different game to Gordon S... 😉

Agreed. Also looked like the keeper was off his line before TC hit the penalty, although the stand side assistant missed everything else, so not surprising

On 11/09/2021 at 20:52, SocialClubEnd said:

Not sure you have been watching the same team as me... We were turgid under BF. Boring and defensive football and totally against the whole way the club has set about the game for many a year.  Anyone who thinks we were nearly there when we were 15 points of the top of the table after 8 games clearly has low standards.  Brownlie was nowhere near as good as he thought he was.  I honestly don't know how anyone could be surprised the club acted when they did. The leadership from the dugout was non existant 

All about opinions, delighted with the win on Saturday, although I did not see it coming, the penalty decision was for me very soft. The games I saw were anything but Turgid. Think we had 5 in the first half v HOB ! Anyway time to back Herdy, hope he gets it right.  (Just not convinced)

Edited by paul999

12 hours ago, Mike Munro said:

Good, energetic performance today, things coming together. Cammy Thomson my MOTM, tried 3 different wingers against him and had all 3 in his pocket.

I like Cammy as a player, he never stops running. Yesterday was his best game in a Lithgae shirt. 

Edited by Black Dug

10 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I was a bit concerned the number of chances Broxburn's number 9 had.  If he'd finished better it would have been a different result.  Still, we took ours.

I wasn’t too worried about him, seen him do it enough for us when he was here

59 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

I like Cammy as a player, he never stops running. Yesterday was his best game in a Lithgae shirt. 

If we could get a similar type player at right back we would be looking much better across the back. Although mckenzie hasn’t let us down in the 2 games he has played there

First visit in many a year to Ferguson Park, a proper football set-up, all credit to their committee.

Enjoyed the game, felt our performance merited more than 2-0, however good goalkeeping and poor finishing kept the score down.

Our real tests are still ahead and how we fare against Tranent and Penicuik will tell the real story.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

First visit in many a year to Ferguson Park, a proper football set-up, all credit to their committee.

Enjoyed the game, felt our performance merited more than 2-0, however good goalkeeping and poor finishing kept the score down.

Our real tests are still ahead and how we fare against Tranent and Penicuik will tell the real story.

A ground where the away team aren't allowed access to the dressing rooms at half time. A ground where alcohol is consumed inside. A ground where kids can play on the field and sit in the technical area. Aye, all credit to their committee

Edited by The Hologram

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

No arguments from me regarding the result. WW lacking a goalscorer having got into a few good positions.

Excellent performance from our keeper. 

The laddie Hare looked very comfortable. 

Thought sending off was harsh and yer 2nd goal killed the game despite looking well offside.

I think you have a long way to go to get near Tranent and Penicuik though.

1 hour ago, The Hologram said:

A ground where the away team aren't allowed access to the dressing rooms at half time. A ground where alcohol is consumed inside. A ground where kids can play on the field and sit in the technical area. Aye, all credit to their committee

Was that a ww decision regarding half time ?

All season the away team have used the changing rooms whilst the home team used the now open to the public stand.

In fact the last home game v Coldstream I'm certain BOTH teams were allowed to use the changing rooms. 

You obviously know more than I do though.

Any info on yer party bus where all the alcohol was coming from ?

Never seen that before where away fans leave the park to go for their carry oots. Most tend to use the social club especially at half time. 

Agree about the kids on the park though. For years it was difficult for even the players to warm up on the park withoot getting a lecture from the old guard. :lol:

1 hour ago, The Hologram said:

That happened to us at Dunbar last week as well not get into dressing room.  So pipe down