Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

17 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The appointment of BF was one that appeased all. Unfortunately his style of play wasn't great and didn't always bring out our strengths.

I do agree with you that we have to many living on past glories.  Thankfully we also have enough who realise the challenges ahead.

Whoever gets the role has a good nucleus to work with. Something we didn't have in recent times.

I've only watched your highlights but your defence is garbage and should give shawsy the goalie Jersey. Yous need to go 4-3-3 with stowe and docherty wide on the 3. Your boys are saying coynes not got 90 mins in him regularly so you need to replace him

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

I don’t get that quote. If the club is disappointed at getting rid of the management team, why did they sack them in the first place? 

I do wonder about Linlithgow as a club.  A couple of seasons ago, management team were unceremoniously ditch after a hurriedly arranged committee meeting, minutes after they were thrashed 6-2 by Musselburgh Ath. Yet, had they won that match they would/could have been sitting at the top of the league. 

The time of being ‘World Beaters’ in the East of Scotland (previously Juniors Super League) has well and truly disappeared for Linlithgow, but their committee still think otherwise. 

At least they didn't copy and paste another clubs statement just changing the name...

I agree with your post in terms of their 'status' truth is that so many teams are inspired coming to Prestonfield and many of the new teams don't carry the fear factor that a few of the big teams did.

Commenting without knowing anything else that may have happened, it is the latest in a long line of managers who were or had a good record going there, were in the middle of a rebuild and have been unceremoniously dumped.

Danny Smith returning yesterday would clearly have made 1 or 2 in that committee wish he was still there. 

Smith or Herd for me if it hasn't already been decided 

24 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

At least they didn't copy and paste another clubs statement just changing the name...

I agree with your post in terms of their 'status' truth is that so many teams are inspired coming to Prestonfield and many of the new teams don't carry the fear factor that a few of the big teams did.

Commenting without knowing anything else that may have happened, it is the latest in a long line of managers who were or had a good record going there, were in the middle of a rebuild and have been unceremoniously dumped.

Danny Smith returning yesterday would clearly have made 1 or 2 in that committee wish he was still there. 

Can't see Danny going back at the moment. Herdy the favourite 

I think everyone’s disappointed as BF was very likeable and had a bit of class about him. We just weren’t doing it consistently.

His tactics make for a good cup team but we need a winner that can take us to challenging this league. Tranent and Penicuik are showing the way and there’s still time to chip away at that.

Would be happy with Danny or Herdy. Both won silverware at this level already.

1 hour ago, The Faceman said:

Your first comment still sticks in the throat the way it happened and the timing, especially as there was a direct connection between person/persons linked to both clubs. 

Edited by Casey Jones

8 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I think everyone’s disappointed as BF was very likeable and had a bit of class about him. We just weren’t doing it consistently.

His tactics make for a good cup team but we need a winner that can take us to challenging this league. Tranent and Penicuik are showing the way and there’s still time to chip away at that.

Would be happy with Danny or Herdy. Both won silverware at this level already.

Maybe it would be better for the club if they got someone with no previous connections

** Manager - Linlithgow Rose Football Club ** 

Following yesterday’s announcement, the Club is now inviting applications for the vacant manager’s position. 

Please send your CV and a statement in support of your application for consideration to lrfc1889secretary@gmail.com

Closing time / date for receipt of applications is 1700 on Friday 20th August 2021.

2 hours ago, Slabs said:

Maybe it would be better for the club if they got someone with no previous connections

I don’t think that’s a requirement.

Bradley and Smith both brought success. McGlynn maybe didn’t win anything but he had a great cup run and we were competitive.

A winner is what we need. The interview should be “show us your silverware” as we haven’t had any for 7 years.

On 16/08/2021 at 14:21, FuzzyBear said:

We will see 

** Manager - Linlithgow Rose Football Club **
Following yesterday’s announcement, the Club is now inviting applications for the vacant manager’s position.
Please send your CV and a statement in support of your application for consideration to lrfc1889secretary@gmail.com
Closing time / date for receipt of applications is 1700 on Friday 20th August 2021.

4 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I don’t think that’s a requirement.

Bradley and Smith both brought success. McGlynn maybe didn’t win anything but he had a great cup run and we were competitive.

A winner is what we need. The interview should be “show us your silverware” as we haven’t had any for 7 years.

McGlynn was a shite manager. He got lucky with that cup run because he had a great squad and injuries meant he had to play Graeme Weir in midfield, where he was best.

Bradley was the best in recent years. He couldn't sort the defence out after Colin Leiper left but he could have had more time. On paper the defenders he brought in should have been up to the job, sometimes signings just don't work out. 

19 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Don’t sit on the fence Gordon 😂 

I wasn’t a lover of McGlynn but can’t take away from him our best cup run.

Two examples of what annoyed me about McGlynn.

We were playing a very good Bonnyrigg at home late in the season. They were well ahead of us but if we beat them we'd have a realistic chance of catching them up and winning the league. We were a goal up in the second half, I can't recall the exact score, and they were down to 10 men. He continued to play either 3 or 4 up front with a high line and a very attacking shape. This was obviously lunacy that invited Bonnyrigg onto us and it was completely predictable when they scored (twice IIRC). He should have tried to protect the lead we had, it was crazy how we were playing.

Not that it's his fault but look at the gulf between us and Bonnyrigg now. Them, Bo'ness and Kelty were our fellow travellers until only 4-5 years ago and now they're all out of our league in more ways than one.

One of the causes of that cup run was Graeme Weir in midfield. I can't remember now who he was covering for, but he was obviously immense there. By this stage in his career he'd lost the pace to play up front but he had by far the most game intelligence in the team, so his influence from the middle against stronger opponents was invaluable. Yet as soon as the injury troubles cleared up McGlynn returned Weir to being a substitute forward, coming on for the last 20 minutes of games to plod around ineffectually up front.

Looking back, we have sacked a lot of managers in recent years and it's tempting to think that we might have done better keeping one or more for longer. But it's hard to stick with a manager after 18 months, 2 years, when you feel like you've been going backwards the whole time.

Everyone does say we’ve had a lot of managers but since June 2014 we’ve had McGlynn, Lumsden (does he count?), Bradley and Ferguson. It’s hardly a revolving door with everyone bar 1 given more than enough time to set an impression imo.

I think weir was in ther covering Batch who was at right back at Forfar.

0-2

Officials screwing the wee Rose 

46 minutes ago, GordonS said:

First penalty was right, but the second one looked ridiculous. The linesman gave it even though the ref was considerably closer.

Think 1st was a bit soft.  Linesman was shaking his head and saying no pen.  Even musselburgh fans said it was soft.  But thats football.  

11 minutes ago, Cb14 said:

Think 1st was a bit soft.  Linesman was shaking his head and saying no pen.  Even musselburgh fans said it was soft.  But thats football.  

I was standing near it and it looked to me that Brownlie flew across the front of the boy, clipping him on the way and got nothing on the ball. My immediate reaction was that it was a penalty.

I see the thread is being stalked by the usual weirdo. Absolute peak OFTW lad, him.