Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Herd is a cert. Believe the Rose not  inviting applications.

He's been at two recent games at Prestonfield, including yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Tin pot football club another manager loses his job after a season and a bit He’s trying to build a team after the last manager lost his job Herd will get the job and will get sacked 16 months later 

So you think being 11 points behind after 7 games is an acceptable start bearing in mind the games rhe Rose have played so far.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

So you think being 11 points behind after 7 games is an acceptable start bearing in mind the games rhe Rose have played so far.

Early in the season plenty time to pull it back ,Do you think a good manager would take that job knowing he’s got limited time to turn it around and it’s not his squad 

Linlithgow Rose will still be an attractive job to a lot of decent managers.

The Rose still have to play 7 of the current top 10 so would be surprised if Ferguson turned things around. He seemed to be very negative away from home.

Early in the season plenty time to pull it back ,Do you think a good manager would take that job knowing he’s got limited time to turn it around and it’s not his squad 
What games have you watched?

It's a pretty good squad and IMO almost everything that's gone wrong has been tactical. Against a team that's still bottom of the league we were effectively 4-6-0 for stretches and it unsurprisingly finished 0-0, for their only point so far. That's emblematic of Ferguson's approach.

On the basis of the 5 games I've seen this season plus the games online last season I didn't have confidence that he would pull it back. He didn't seem to realise the problem. The advantage of making a change now is that the position is still recoverable; in a few weeks time it probably wouldn't have been.

I think potential managers will look at that squad, watch highlights from the Haws and Spartans games and be licking their chops. If they're worried that only taking 10 points from 7 games, 6 of which were eminently winnable, will put their jaiket on the proverbial shoogly peg, then this isn't the club for them.

12 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

**  Brown Ferguson leaves Linlithgow Rose **

The Club is disappointed to announce that manager Brown Ferguson and his coaching staff of Steve Kerrigan and Myles Hogarth have been relieved of their duties and leave with immediate effect.

We would like to place on record a sincere thank you to Brown, Steve & Myles for their dedication and commitment throughout a very challenging period, particularly off the pitch and wish them all the very best for the future.

The process to appoint a new manager is underway and we will provide appropriate updates as and when we can as that process progresses.

First team coach, Craig Donaldson, has agreed to run the team on a caretaker basis commencing with tomorrow evening’s home fixture against Musselburgh Athletic F.C.

I don’t get that quote. If the club is disappointed at getting rid of the management team, why did they sack them in the first place? 

I do wonder about Linlithgow as a club.  A couple of seasons ago, management team were unceremoniously ditch after a hurriedly arranged committee meeting, minutes after they were thrashed 6-2 by Musselburgh Ath. Yet, had they won that match they would/could have been sitting at the top of the league. 

The time of being ‘World Beaters’ in the East of Scotland (previously Juniors Super League) has well and truly disappeared for Linlithgow, but their committee still think otherwise. 

Edited by Casey Jones

35 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I don’t get that quote. If the club is disappointed at getting rid of the management team, why did they sack them in the first place? 

I do wonder about Linlithgow as a club.  A couple of seasons ago, management team were unceremoniously ditch after a hurriedly arranged committee meeting, minutes after they were thrashed 6-2 by Musselburgh Ath. Yet, had they won that match they would/outdoor have been sitting at the top of the league. 

The time of being ‘World Beaters’ in the East of Scotland (previously Juniors Super League) has well and truly disappeared for Linlithgow, but their committee still think otherwise. 

The appointment of BF was one that appeased all. Unfortunately his style of play wasn't great and didn't always bring out our strengths.

I do agree with you that we have to many living on past glories.  Thankfully we also have enough who realise the challenges ahead.

Whoever gets the role has a good nucleus to work with. Something we didn't have in recent times.