Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Started really well with some nice passing and the early goal. The intensity dropped a bit and we let the students back into it without them really threatening. Second half we got another early goal but probably should have been out of sight before they scored a very well taken goal. Third goal confirmed the win which should have been more convincing if we'd have kept up the intensity.
Freezing cold and nae Bovril [emoji32]

Dunbar tonight at 7.30. Predictions?

Scullion in midfield again?

How are Dunbar playing lately?

[Yes, I'm in denial. Have to wonder why the game's off, I've just been up to the leisure centre and it's busy.]

Dunbar tonight at 7.30. Predictions?
Scullion in midfield again?
How are Dunbar playing lately?
[Yes, I'm in denial. Have to wonder why the game's off, I've just been up to the leisure centre and it's busy.]
Like your style Gordon [emoji106]

Back to talking about the football - I quite liked the look of Scullion in midfield. His lack of pace is less of a factor when there's a couple behind him to mop up.
Would like to see how McGowan and Nimmo play together. I've been impressed with big Nimmo, nothing fancy but basics done well.

2 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Like your style Gordon emoji106.png

Back to talking about the football - I quite liked the look of Scullion in midfield. His lack of pace is less of a factor when there's a couple behind him to mop up.
Would like to see how McGowan and Nimmo play together. I've been impressed with big Nimmo, nothing fancy but basics done well.

I was surprised at how competent Scullion was in midfield at Herriot Watt, having not been a fan of his at centre half. He's also less prone to the Hollywood ball in there. It means using Meikle in a position that suits him less and we lose a little dynamism, but anything that protects the defence is a move in the right direction.

Dunbar would overtake us if they win tonight.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

We're all missing the Fitbaw lads but discussing the Rose team for a postponed fixture is a desperate cry for help. Going to be a long wait before we see a ball kicked in anger.

You're just jealous cos you didn't seen Roddy score a screamer to win the game 3-2 at the death.

The stand-side floodlights were on at the ground tonight, didn't see any signs of life though. 

18 hours ago, Black Dug said:

Like your style Gordon emoji106.png

Do you not remember the camelon game at prestonfield he was midfield and he was rank rotten that day

43 minutes ago, Black Dug said:
On 19/03/2020 at 13:56, AlanCamelonfan said:
Do you not remember the camelon game at prestonfield he was midfield and he was rank rotten that day

Jeezo Alan, you're the cloud to everybody's silver lining. Ease up mate.

I'd rather be watching us lose right now than not watching us at all. I'd rather watch Scullion launch another pass to nowhere than see an empty ground. Genuinely, never mind hunting the last bog roll in the western hemisphere, the hardest part of all this for me is the absence of sport, especially football, and especially the Rose.

Though trying to work at home next week while the kids are around is likely to hit the top spot pretty quickly.

11 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Anybody know of anything springing up in the town/area to help people at the current time? I have basically zero useful skills but if there's anything being organised I want to help if I can.

There's a Facebook page for helping in the town - my wife got leaflets from that and put them through the doors in our street, offering to get things for people that need help. I'm not on Facebook but if you can't find it and want details I can ask her for them.

• 1 month later...