Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Was everyone fit and available?
Seemed to be. Hutchinson came on late in the game (and missed a sitter with his first touch). Just surprised that McKinley was back in from the start given he hasn't trained in a couple of weeks. I think Hutchinson gives us more than McKinley in pace and defensive ability.

4 minutes ago, Black Dug said:
1 hour ago, GordonS said:
Was everyone fit and available?

Seemed to be. Hutchinson came on late in the game (and missed a sitter with his first touch). Just surprised that McKinley was back in from the start given he hasn't trained in a couple of weeks. I think Hutchinson gives us more than McKinley in pace and defensive ability.

I agree about Hutchinson at left back, definitely. I wonder how much of that back four was about next week. Maybe Brown feels McKinlay is the better defender, maybe he wants more presence at set pieces. That might have been the thinking behing Thom at right back too - IMO he's a better defender than Gray, though Gray's much better going forward. We had a reasonably solid platform, especially with Meikle sitting in front, and we'll need to defend very well to survive Friday night.

Immensely pleasing result today and, in places, performance too. Just what we needed.

Thought we were pretty good 2nd half and could/should have scored a couple more.

Worst Broxburn performance I have seen for years. More intent on diving and kicking than playing football.
You forgot greetin faced weans! Especially Hislop who should have been red carded several times over on his way to the changing rooms at half time for the language and way he "spoke" to the ref.

You forgot greetin faced weans! Especially Hislop who should have been red carded several times over on his way to the changing rooms at half time for the language and way he "spoke" to the ref.

Not a surprised at all in hearing that. Moaning faced bawbag. You’d think that Broxburn didn’t get any decisions off the ref today the way their management team were acting

24 minutes ago, Specky said:
3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:
Thought we were pretty good 2nd half and could/should have scored a couple more.

Worst Broxburn performance I have seen for years. More intent on diving and kicking than playing football.

Bradley was the same my friend to refs 

Aye but this was vitriol at its best mate. Disgraceful in front of people and kids

I took it that he thought that the tackle that injured the lad was a foul but it wasn't and even Broxburn committee agreed that it was just unfortunate. Rose fans were enquiring as to the lads wellbeing which shows that no one is out to injure anyone.

To be fair to their management team the late high tackle on Owen near the end they were shouting on the Rose physio to come over before the ref had stopped the game. The ref bottled it and gave the Broxburn player a 2nd yellow rather than the red the tackle deserved.

I doubt anyone would want to see any player get a bad injury.

To be fair to their management team the late high tackle on Owen near the end they were shouting on the Rose physio to come over before the ref had stopped the game. The ref bottled it and gave the Broxburn player a 2nd yellow rather than the red the tackle deserved.

I doubt anyone would want to see any player get a bad injury.

That challenge met every criteria for a straight red card but the ref bottled it.

Was it one of Broxburn's important players that got injured? Real shame with the Inverurie game next week.

I had to laugh at their manager having an extended moan at the ref near the end. You're chasing two goals, that's not a smart use of time.

I didn't think Broxburn were bad, I thought we adjusted to them well. We got ripped on the counter attack in the first half but after that Thom shut down the winger's acceleration space. Broxburn rely on a good defence and a fast attack, we got lucky with the equaliser and once we took the lead I thought we managed them pretty well. 

The one thing I still can't understand is why, when the ball bounces the height of the empire state building on that surface do teams still play long high balls which creates more 50/50s than playing it on the ground and keeping control?