Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Pat Scullion has had unfair criticism, at times he has been a scapegoat. Never hides and in a god team would fit in well.
He certainly looked better when he was pushed slightly further forward and when we weren't relying on him as the last line of defence. When he played left CH and McKinley played Left back their lack of pace was always going to cause us bother.

EK and Kelty rumoured to be ploughing in £500k each of you believe the phone ins. That’s about 5 or 6 times higher than I’d imagine others have so would expect them to be at the top of the LL next year by a distance.

I would be shocked if that figure was true. Anything even near that is ridiculous at LL level but it looks ljke the 2 teams think financing a big push for one season would be justified IF they win the title AND then win the playoffs.

19 hours ago, Black Dug said:
23 hours ago, paul999 said:
Pat Scullion has had unfair criticism, at times he has been a scapegoat. Never hides and in a god team would fit in well.

He certainly looked better when he was pushed slightly further forward and when we weren't relying on him as the last line of defence. When he played left CH and McKinley played Left back their lack of pace was always going to cause us bother.

He was rank rotten and hooked at half time against camelon at Preston field

15 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Do we know when the season will start up again at this point? Same as the lower leagues (October IIRC) or are we still waiting to see how things develop?

Tc said October. But things can change. 

Was it not around the middle sat in oct. Not sure when the Scottish cup dates are released or the start will be but the final has been brought forward and will finish before the end of the season as hampden needs to be clear from games ahead of the euro’s

The Scottish League 1 and 2 clubs voted for a 17 October start. Lowland League chiefs had touted a mid October start but I don't think that has been confirmed as yet. I would think the Tier 6 and below would expect to start at the same time.
Sure all these levels are very hopeful the fans will be admitted for their games.

The Big Scottish Cup preliminary rounds will have to start a lot later than usual.

14 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The Scottish League 1 and 2 clubs voted for a 17 October start. Lowland League chiefs had touted a mid October start but I don't think that has been confirmed as yet. I would think the Tier 6 and below would expect to start at the same time.
Sure all these levels are very hopeful the fans will be admitted for their games.

The Big Scottish Cup preliminary rounds will have to start a lot later than usual.

Eosfl said end of September early October 

• 1 month later...

We are delighted to announce the signing of Jonny Court from Edinburgh City.

Jonny is a 24 year old centre forward with over 80 appearances across the Championship, League One and League Two with the likes of Edinburgh City, Raith Rovers, East Fife among others.

Welcome to the Rose, Jonny!

Just what every club needs a striker that cant score any goals. 

Can’t believe I’m actually agreeing with you.

Will need a massive turn around in fortune in front of goal. TC was similar if I remember back before he signed. Just hope this boy can do something similar

Will need a massive turn around in fortune in front of goal. TC was similar if I remember back before he signed. Just hope this boy can do something similar
Team game, some strikers are known as prolific scorers and others as providers.

As you rightly remember TC was known as Tommy no goals when he first arrived and we all know how that worked out.

3 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

I can't believe you are looking under bridges 😏

I liked Jonny Court. Big strong, athletic player who gives 100% and is good at bullying a defence. He's certainly struggled on the goal-scoring front. He was the sort of player where you thought maybe if he could just score a few that would get him out of the rut but it never happened for him at East Fife.

Football's full of strikers who struggle to score goals, drop down a level or two and finally find their scoring touch though. Hopefully things click for Jonny at Linthligow.

46 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I liked Jonny Court. Big strong, athletic player who gives 100% and is good at bullying a defence. He's certainly struggled on the goal-scoring front. He was the sort of player where you thought maybe if he could just score a few that would get him out of the rut but it never happened for him at East Fife.

Football's full of strikers who struggle to score goals, drop down a level or two and finally find their scoring touch though. Hopefully things click for Jonny at Linthligow.

I think he'll do well at Rose having seen him a couple of times.  Reminds me of Errol Douglas a bit when he came to Kelty. Had struggled scoring wise at higher levels but was class at EOS level and decent at LL level.

We are delighted to announce the signing of Brian Schwake from Livingston on a season long loan deal.

Brian is a 19 year old American goalkeeper who joined Livingston in February earlier this year from DePaul University in Chicago.

Welcome to the Rose, Brian!

6 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

We are delighted to announce the signing of Brian Schwake from Livingston on a season long loan deal.

Brian is a 19 year old American goalkeeper who joined Livingston in February earlier this year from DePaul University in Chicago.

Welcome to the Rose, Brian!

He turned down a college degree at a good uni and the chance to play for a team in the top tier of US college sports to come to Europe and turn professional, so you'd imagine he'll be very committed to his development.

Will he be training through the week at Livi? If so, he'll be working alongside a keeper in the Scotland squad and another who represented Poland at youth level, under an experienced goalkeeping coach and with a Premiership club's support staff.

A really interesting signing, it's a position we've had a few problems with and if it works out it'll be excellent. A good keeper spreads confidence in a defence, too.