Linlithgow Rose - 2019-20

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

A player that wasnt good enough for camelon or boness

Ouch!!

He was a sub in 2nd half but at end of the match was muddier than most players who were on for full 90 minutes.

He got stuck in, whereas some of his teammates didn’t!

For some reason players may not be suited at a club ( or 2 😂) butter the time Collumbine was on, I think, he was better than most who started.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

We looked like our formation was 2 - 5 - 3

Our full backs are pushed to high leaving the twins regularly playing man for man at the back. It's all very well playing fullbacks in this manner but they need to realise out of possession they need to get back and cover.

Our 3 CMs - one really needs to show discipline and sit just in front of the twins to provide cover.

Roddy for me showed a great approach yesterday and was my MOTM by a mile.

Agree we don't look organised and that isn't something that can be blamed on Brown needs time. At times you struggle to see our shape.

Does anyone know what's happening with our injury list as I refuse to buy a Gazette.

We've got 5 on the injury list. Hard to put times on them because most will get better with rest and physio. One needs an operation. 

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Our full backs are pushed to high leaving the twins regularly playing man for man at the back. It's all very well playing fullbacks in this manner but they need to realise out of possession they need to get back and cover.

Our 3 CMs - one really needs to show discipline and sit just in front of the twins to provide cover.

Roddy for me showed a great approach yesterday and was my MOTM by a mile.

Agree we don't look organised and that isn't something that can be blamed on Brown needs time. At times you struggle to see our shape.

Does anyone know what's happening with our injury list as I refuse to buy a Gazette.

Was Roddy your Linlithgow MOTM or the game’s MOTM? 

Jackie Myles was my MOTM, for game. Just my thought! 

Two new signings?

I can’t speak for Camelon but will give credit where it’s due - I think most BU fans thought he was a good player and wouldn’t say that he wasn’t good enough. For me, a player who perhaps suffered from his own versatility. The boy could do a job in a couple of positions but didn’t appear to have a best position and was just unfortunate that at the time, there always seemed to be somebody better in the positions he could play.

19 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Was Roddy your Linlithgow MOTM or the game’s MOTM? 

Jackie Myles was my MOTM, for game. Just my thought! 

I was expecting more from Jackie yesterday but luckily didn't see it.  I'm not sure I saw anyone really shine yesterday but it was still an enjoyable match.  

It's a pity Jackie's time at Linlithgow was cut short as he is a class player.

18 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

That’s doing a discredit to the Burgh goalscorers! 

Not trying to discredit, you can only put away the chances you get, but two saveable headers and howler of a clearance which would have been a goal kick if left alone. And howlers in other games memorable too !

I was expecting more from Jackie yesterday but luckily didn't see it.  I'm not sure I saw anyone really shine yesterday but it was still an enjoyable match.  

Prior to Jackie’s injury I’d have put him up there (or maybe even above) Ruaridh as arguably the best CM in the East Juniors.

3 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Surprised at "expecting more from Jackie" - thought he was excellent yesterday. Tired a little late on, as did  a couple Musselburgh players.

7 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Interesting quote Alan considering he was only 18 at the time, came in on loan and helped save camelon from relegation, Camelon wanted to sign him after his loan and tried again at the start of this season. Clearly your efforts to discredit all the players at the rose have little substance. Fortunately your opinions are just that...your opinion.

8 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Have to say I disagree about the full backs, I thought they were positioned fine and we didn't get exposed behind them. Normally only one went at a time, leaving 3 v 2 at the back which is what you'd expect to see. There are a few in the team that seem more keen to run forward than back though.

Nimmo is a talker, which is something we've badly needed at the back. We'll see if things improve in there.

You don't think Meikle protects the back of midfield? I think he could do with more help from Ruari.

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Sam Columbine at the BU's didn't impress on the pitch when he got the chance. Looked a bit lost at times so maybe he just needed time to settle in.

He's growing on me, showed a bit of physicality towards the end which we needed. I can't see his best position yet, that's something the manager needs to sort out, but for now he wouldn't be in my starting eleven.

4 hours ago, Mike Munro said:

Not trying to discredit, you can only put away the chances you get, but two saveable headers and howler of a clearance which would have been a goal kick if left alone. And howlers in other games memorable too !

The howler in the corner was as bad a decision as a keeper could make. When you're away out near the corner it's obviously suicidal to risk giving them the ball in our half. Bad technique is one thing, but this was just terrible judgment.

I didn't think the other two were that bad from the keeper's perspective, certainly the other goal in the first half looked more Scullion's responsibility to me. I thought he should have got his head on it. 

You kidding me on? He didn’t get the job last Tuesday, he’s been there for ages ( relatively speaking).

What you think he does before a game? Picks 11 players and asks them to do what they want and stand where they like?

Shape, organisation and adjustments to either are ALL the responsibility of the manager. So if they are non existent, The managers go blame.

2 hours ago, ItsUnited said:

Interesting quote Alan considering he was only 18 at the time, came in on loan and helped save camelon from relegation, Camelon wanted to sign him after his loan and tried again at the start of this season. Clearly your efforts to discredit all the players at the rose have little substance. Fortunately your opinions are just that...your opinion.

Who r u his dad. Considering how poor we were at the time I'm not sure why they'd want to sign him. I didnt rate him

12 hours ago, surely not! said:

You kidding me on? He didn’t get the job last Tuesday, he’s been there for ages ( relatively speaking).

What you think he does before a game? Picks 11 players and asks them to do what they want and stand where they like?

Shape, organisation and adjustments to either are ALL the responsibility of the manager. So if they are non existent, The managers go blame.

Read my post again - I'm saying exactly the same a you.

I acknowledged BF needs time to get in his own players.  

Agree totally with the view, that our shape and getting the players to fulfil instructions is the responsibility of the manager.  This is an area of real concern for me as we are losing games  because we can't be relied upon to keep the ball out of our own net - no matter the opposition.  We aren't winning games for that reason - I can't recall the last blank sheet we kept.

13 hours ago, surely not! said:

He joined in mid-October. I would maybe agree with you if we were a full-time club, but how much time has he actually had with the players? Once they've done basic training, part-time clubs don't have much time left for tactics, especially in the winter. We're not talking about basic formation here, we're talking about more of the intricacies of attacking play, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's spent most of his time on defence.

You can never know from the outside the extent to which it's the manager not setting up the team right, or the players not executing the plan. He's come into a club with some long-standing problems and unless things deteriorate I'm not going to judge him until next season.