Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Honestly, the problems run deep enough that my expectations are pretty low. This is the last death throws of a team that were good enough to reach and win Junior Cup finals. It's major surgery time. The reasons we've been shipping goals don't come down to one thing, unfortunately - they're losing the ball in midfield, not closing down channels, not communicating, not defending set pieces well, all sorts of stuff. IMO Colin Leiper was holding the defence together and when he left we fell apart at the back. Barbour did a good job shoring things up, but of course he left with Bradley. That was a big loss for the incoming manager, Barbour was the leader on the field. 

I really don't want to accuse anyone of being lazy, especially when I'm sure every player in senior and junior football grafts harder than me, but in midfield we never look as busy as our opponents. Lots of possible reasons, but whatever it is I don't think it's easily fixed. You could see it on Saturday, it was only after it went to 3-3 that they started putting in the shift required. You can't just replace everyone, you've got to work with what you've got.

Generally I'm loathe to jump on managers and I want to see them given time. It's only when i see things that look wrong that I'll make judgments (*cough* McGlynn) and I don't think we're seeing that yet - just not a whole lot going as well as we'd want. The season is a write-off anyway, so I'm prepared to wait and see how next season starts. 

Think someone else said, either on this ghread or the Musselburgh one that in effect the flow of play ebbed between the twp teams. In the early exchanges, Musselburgh were playing the best football but after 10 mins we found ourselves 2-0 down. Dont care how ee are playing, but if my team didny win after being 2-0 up, i am disappointed! We did well to get back into the match and then back came Linlithgow. 

Some Rose fans said Roddy was your player of match. Ifrom Columb inexpensive was on from the start, he'd have been up there! Played well when he came on and had an urgency about him that others didn't. 

For me, Nimmo was a better central defender than Scullion. Yet all through the match Scullion was telling Nimmo what to do and where to stand. If I was the manager or captain of Linlithgow, I'd be telling Scullion just to concentrate on his own game and only when he mastered that should he be allowed to tell others what to do.

Think someone else said, either on this ghread or the Musselburgh one that in effect the flow of play ebbed between the twp teams. In the early exchanges, Musselburgh were playing the best football but after 10 mins we found ourselves 2-0 down. Dont care how ee are playing, but if my team didny win after being 2-0 up, i am disappointed! We did well to get back into the match and then back came Linlithgow. 
Some Rose fans said Roddy was your player of match. Ifrom Columb inexpensive was on from the start, he'd have been up there! Played well when he came on and had an urgency about him that others didn't. 
For me, Nimmo was a better central defender than Scullion. Yet all through the match Scullion was telling Nimmo what to do and where to stand. If I was the manager or captain of Linlithgow, I'd be telling Scullion just to concentrate on his own game and only when he mastered that should he be allowed to tell others what to do.
Scullion has been a player in his day - Nimmo looks someone we can build on for years to come.

If Scullion concentrated on defending his own box and nothing else his experience would see him through games. Instead he gets dragged into areas where he doesn't have the legs to recover from. If one of our CM's would just sit and patrol our box to half way - filling the gaps that would help also.

On 02/02/2020 at 11:23, Deanburn Dave said:

Sam Columbine at the BU's didn't impress on the pitch when he got the chance. Looked a bit lost at times so maybe he just needed time to settle in.

There was more urgency and closing down when sam came on,he can still shine at this club if he is givin the opportunity.  But like others have said the game as a whole ,we can't hold onto a lead  we get stuck between punt up the park or work it from the back.  Can't comment on mid field .good players but something ain't right and we get over run . The back goes into clear it at any cost.  I would also mention we used to ping the ball about the park a lot faster than we do now, and yes I realise the pitch was breaking up. So we have a difficult game on saturday but to come back up the road with 3 points will give everyone a spring in their step .anything else will hurt us ,we dont need a dog fight at the wrong end of the table. Just my observation  dont go nuts 

According to the Gazette we have - Coyne, Gray, Hutchison injured and Allison unavailable tomorrow.

That should present the first opportunity for McGowan and Nimmo to be paired for the 1st time and that encourages me.

According to the Gazette we have - Coyne, Gray, Hutchison injured and Allison unavailable tomorrow.

That should present the first opportunity for McGowan and Nimmo to be paired for the 1st time and that encourages me.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion of that paring having the opportunity to start. Not much to choose from across the back. Is McGowan fit enough to start yet? Thom has been carrying an injury for weeks too.

The 2 fittest centre half’s are probably Nimmo and Scullion still. No left back available and Thom/smith covering right back

Not sure how you came to the conclusion of that paring having the opportunity to start. Not much to choose from across the back. Is McGowan fit enough to start yet? Thom has been carrying an injury for weeks too.

The 2 fittest centre half’s are probably Nimmo and Scullion still. No left back available and Thom/smith covering right back

I went by the Gazette, which didn't include McGowan in the unavailable list.

So assumed if fit he would be the preferred pick alongside Nimmo.

With Allison not available will BF go with Hare at LB. Given he came with the reputation as being a left sided player.

Ross will probably start at RB again?

Thought it was a good game yesterday in poor conditions! As greygoose says we had a lot of injuries so to get a result was a big bonus a thought we played well and probably should have won! The players are trying hard but we are not getting the breaks! Keep playing like we are and we will start winning games again!

26 minutes ago, Greygoose said:

It was a decent game in poor conditions.  More changes at the back, the boy Allison was missing and I didn't see him at the game?  Roddy got injured in the warm up and was replaced by Owen.

Nimmo and Thom started together and were very good, a stable partnership ahead hopefully.  Big Scullion sat in midfield and did well.

Up front Allum was awful again and we should have got the win with Ronald hitting the bar late on, Thom going close and Slaven blasting over from a good position.

Overall though the lads did well coming from behind twice and showing some bottle.  

Missing yesterday was Allison, Gray, McGowan, Coyne, Roddy, Coco, Hutchison.  So arguably four of them would start and add real quality to the team.

Are you sure you were at the game Penicuik were easily the better team except for the last ten minutes. Your first goal was a fluke a cross that got caught by the wind and flew into the top corner and the second was a horrible mistake from the defender. Second half especially it was Penicuik that totally dominated and if you have a look at the highlights the goal Penicuik scored just before halftime was never offside

Are you sure you were at the game Penicuik were easily the better team except for the last ten minutes. Your first goal was a fluke a cross that got caught by the wind and flew into the top corner and the second was a horrible mistake from the defender. Second half especially it was Penicuik that totally dominated and if you have a look at the highlights the goal Penicuik scored just before halftime was never offside

Going on chances created a would say the rose deserved to win! But you are right Penicuik had most of the play!

4 minutes ago, Greygoose said:

There is a neutrals report by a guy called Derek Hall in non league football site that sums up the game as a few being a fair result.  But aye you carry on with your total dominance garbage.

Even your mate Baker 2 conceded Penicuik had most of the play and I noticed you have avoided giving an opinion on the disallowed goal. No tissues will be needed here if we play like we did yesterday we will win more than we lose

Never a day for silky football but I enjoyed and was frustrated by the game in equal measures. I'm sure Brown must be frustrated as well with still not being able to field a settled defence. Thom and Nimmo did well as a partnership. I'd still like to see Nimmo and McGowan together when he's fit as I thought McGowan looked good when he was playing alongside Scullion. Talking of Scullion I thought he did well yesterday sitting in front of the defence. His lack of pace isn't such a factor when there is another line of cover.
A few good glimpses from Ross and Allison, when available, would strengthen the left side.
We have an issue up front with TC injured though - Allum looks lost, whether he's not getting the service or not I don't know but he never seems to be in the right place. Maybe he's trying too hard to get touches as we attack as he's often out on the left wing with the result being there's no one in the box. When we lose the ball I'd like to see him work a bit harder to win it back.
Owen looked a bit off match sharpness wanting too much time on the ball and getting caught with it often.
Allison, Hutchinson, TC and Roddy would have improved that team with Gray and McGowan as equal cover. We need to add another striker as a priority but I think we have a decent looking squad - just need them all to be available at the same time...

I hope you have plenty of tissues for all those tears.
:1eye

Pathetic response to what was simply a differing view of the game.

There is a neutrals report by a guy called Derek Hall in non league football site that sums up the game as a few being a fair result.  But aye you carry on with your total dominance garbage.

^^^ The ‘neutral’ Derek Hall

I don't think I will be taking any posting tips from a vulgar creature like you.
A man who assaulted a homeless person in front of his daughter, a man who threw shit at someone in a shower, a man who phoned another posters boss to get him into trouble, a man who invented Tony.
A truly disturbing individual.  Thank you for those red dots, I've returned the favour as its clear that you take this place very seriously.

Clearly you’re not the brightest believing that shit. What a state to get yourself in! [emoji1]

You’re welcome and thank you x