Auld Heid

Linlithgow Rose - 2019-20

We need to drop the Braddo comparison. The team were underperforming with a squad he signed. The amount of times I overheard a half time explosion, with zero response, was enough evidence that his time was up. I really wish it was more successful as I liked mark and paul, but they are gone and not coming back so we may as give up the weekly comparison as its fucking turgid.

Brown is dealing with what is left, which is hardly a great side. His changes wont happen overnight bit I wouldn't expect the same amount of loyalty which has shown in the past to a squad which has underperformed for years.

Brown clearly knows what he wants to do, and will be supported to do just that. A lot of our chances today came from being more direct in our play than we have been previously - i suspect this will continue and be more effective as time goes on.

On today specifically, I thought the rose did enough to win that game. And we would have done most weeks. Their goal was a scuffed deflection. The tie burner just had one of those days I'm afraid.

Onwards and upwards.

I was comparing the record with the squad this season. 4 better players brought in and worse results

It's hard to compare as I reckon 75% of the squad know they aren't going to be here much longer.

Hard to motivate that for results. We just need to forget this season and get set up for next year now. Would be nice to stop Bo'ness but that's about all we can hope for this year. They must be loving that.

And that is how to shut “clowns up”

Maybe if you Actually supported your team instead of slaughtering players at any oppurunity you’d be in a better position.

Hate to say I told u so 😉.

Edited by theholygoalie

Maybe if you Actually supported your team instead of slaughtering players at any oppurunity you’d be in a better position.

Hate to say I told u so .

Hate to say I told u so .
Remember you were part of our decline.

Short-term stints at a number of clubs since - tell the real story.

Have your moment of glory and excellent performance today.

Unfortunately in years to come no one will remember either today's performance or Ally Adams.

2 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

We were beating the lower teams under Brado, Pumped jeanfield up there then go and get beat off them, beat white hill 6-0 then get beat off them.

4 players in and we set up the same way, try and play they same way, set pieces are the same. Nothing’s changed apart from losing more games than we did.

It’s all very well playing well in the first half today or the last 20 mins against boness but that’s not going to put any trophy in your hands at the end of a season.

This is another season that’s been written off as we need another 10 players, same as last season and the one before that and the one before that...

I’m not quite sure where you are on everything.

You are giving the new manager pelters whilst at the same time saying that the previous management team failed on the signing front for three seasons.

I am sure you can clarify.

I’m not quite sure where you are on everything.
You are giving the new manager pelters whilst at the same time saying that the previous management team failed on the signing front for three seasons.
I am sure you can clarify.

I’d say 3/4 of the new signings are an improvement of what was inherited with another still to impress. So Brown has a stronger squad. Some how he has managed to win less games with the supposed stronger squad than the previous manager.

I’d have thought after 3 months in there would have been a change/improvement on the park but I’m yet to see it.

I thought we played reasonably well. Created enough chances to win 3 games but wanted to walk the ball in!
Big centre half played well. Thought Slaven was poor though.

Ally Adams is still a clown but he had a great game. Without a doubt he was man of the match.

A clown that stops ur team from scoring though eh. Great keeper

A clown that stops ur team from scoring though eh. Great keeper
Did I not say he had a great game?

I’d say 3/4 of the new signings are an improvement of what was inherited with another still to impress. So Brown has a stronger squad. Some how he has managed to win less games with the supposed stronger squad than the previous manager.

I’d have thought after 3 months in there would have been a change/improvement on the park but I’m yet to see it.
It's well referenced that Brown Ferguson requires time. But I agree that there also needs to be signs that we are progressing and that comes from improving performances = results.

Allison, McGowan and Nimmo all look an improvement and hopefully together they will improve us defensively.

Hare came with a reputation as a left sided player - yet we seem to be playing him on the right?

If you add Rooster (new contract)that is almost half your team that are now Brown's choices.

Today we created the chances and were met by a keeper on the top of his game - that can happen.

Did I not say he had a great game?

Could u not have just left it at that rather than call him a clown ?

Nimmo looks decent, he and McGowan could be a good partnership. Allison looks good enough and Thom is reliable and capable. I like Meikle, great to see Roddy back, Ruari's a very good 10 (though I feel he could contribute more). Happy with Gray and Hutchison.

Beyond that there are varying degrees of causes for worry. TC knows exactly where to be and is ice cool in the box, if those chances in the first half had fallen to him he'd likely have put a couple away. But he's not getting any younger. Same is true of Coco. Allum looks like he should score more goals than he does and Ronald has yet to show the form of his first season. 

Other than those, I don't think any of them are up to the level required to win the EoS, and some of them are relegation standard. 

The biggest concern for me now is the lack of intensity. We didn't have much of it before Barbour left, but it's slipped further now. They don't earn the right to play, there's very little physicality middle to front. I don't want a team of hammer-throwers, but you can't have a soft centre at any level in Scottish football.

We deserved more from today's game, but equally, it was no smash-and-grab. We're a mid-table team just now.

On to Sauchie... 

Nimmo looks decent, he and McGowan could be a good partnership. Allison looks good enough and Thom is reliable and capable. I like Meikle, great to see Roddy back, Ruari's a very good 10 (though I feel he could contribute more). Happy with Gray and Hutchison.
Beyond that there are varying degrees of causes for worry. TC knows exactly where to be and is ice cool in the box, if those chances in the first half had fallen to him he'd likely have put a couple away. But he's not getting any younger. Same is true of Coco. Allum looks like he should score more goals than he does and Ronald has yet to show the form of his first season. 
Other than those, I don't think any of them are up to the level required to win the EoS, and some of them are relegation standard. 
The biggest concern for me now is the lack of intensity. We didn't have much of it before Barbour left, but it's slipped further now. They don't earn the right to play, there's very little physicality middle to front. I don't want a team of hammer-throwers, but you can't have a soft centre at any level in Scottish football.
We deserved more from today's game, but equally, it was no smash-and-grab. We're a mid-table team just now.
On to Sauchie... 
Hutchinson? What exactly is the story - is he injured or just not being quoted. He hasn't done that badly in the few games that he has played in.

Agree about TC and can only assume his cameo today was due to maybe carrying an injury. Allum didnt do enough for me today - he normally offers more

Hutchinson? What exactly is the story - is he injured or just not being quoted. He hasn't done that badly in the few games that he has played in.

Agree about TC and can only assume his cameo today was due to maybe carrying an injury. Allum didnt do enough for me today - he normally offers more

Heard Hutchinson is injured - double hernia

Heard Hutchinson is injured - double hernia
Not so good. But at least if that's the case it clears up his absence

A lot about injuries etc was covered on Tuesday night. Talking yesterday about the turnout for the meet the manager night. Folk wondering if it could be a regular couple of month thing. Or if it will be once a season. (Another question that could have been asked on Tuesday.) 😜

Does anyone else think the next two games are crucial?
Every game is crucial and every point is vital.

Quite a few seem to have overlooked how many points are being dropped.