Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

What a last kick of the ball!
Poor for large spells but when we played through the midfield we looked alright, shame we resorted to lumping it too often. The root cause is we don't have someone in the mould of Nelson who can just stroll around putting his foot on the ball and spray passes about. Someone of that ilk would definitely help Rooster out.
Hutchinson adds a lot of energy when he plays. No idea why he doesn't get more game time.
Selection is baffling and not sure if this is due to injuries or availability. Thom starting on the left before Hutchinson was a strange one.

TC and Allum can't play together - for me the solution is start one then bring on the other after an hour. Coco for me should play if fit? As he would bring more out of both Allum or TC.

Looking at the sidelines we seem to have a larger coaching staff than replacements. Not sure the benefit of 4 in a small squad. (Coco isn't playing regularly so looking more a coaching role)

A good 3 points against another team struggling badly.

7 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Selection is baffling and not sure if this is due to injuries or availability. Thom starting on the left before Hutchinson was a strange one.

TC and Allum can't play together - for me the solution is start one then bring on the other after an hour. Coco for me should play if fit? As he would bring more out of both Allum or TC.

Looking at the sidelines we seem to have a larger coaching staff than replacements. Not sure the benefit of 4 in a small squad. (Coco isn't playing regularly so looking more a coaching role)

A good 3 points against another team struggling badly.

You should stick to your great chat on other teams threads.

Is 20 really a small squad?

Does 4, if you include Coco, outnumber 6 if you include Coco? 

Once again you slaver absolute nonsense whilst maintaining your typical negativity. 

Maybe football isn’t for you.

You should stick to your great chat on other teams threads.
Is 20 really a small squad?
Does 4, if you include Coco, outnumber 6 if you include Coco? 

Once again you slaver absolute nonsense whilst maintaining your typical negativity. 

Maybe football isn’t for you.
Clearly you don't like supporters having a view. Changed days indeed now your on the committee.

43 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Clearly you don't like supporters having a view. Changed days indeed now your on the committee.

I have no problem with supporters having a view - it’s a healthy thing as these as these are the people that keep the club running. As a supporter too I’m sure you don’t mind me having an opinion and calling you out.

I have a problem with “supporters” coming out with absolute nonsense. Talking of which I notice you don’t comment on me picking you up on your inability to count.

Good to see a true supporter like yourself is so up to date - I haven’t been involved with the committee since January. 

Now now guys.

Every three points are a positive just now. We are going through a transition and need to grind out these results - Roddys impending return could give us a big boost going forward.

A top four finish for me would be a decent finish given our start, and given how many home games we have left, if we manage to find a way to win games consistently, it isn't a daft goal.

We will affect who wins the league that's for sure, just not sure we have a squad capable of winning all four games in hand and then applying the pressure on Bo'ness.

Mathematically we could win in hand, beat Bo'ness twice and be sitting top on GD.

Htg

Now now guys.

Every three points are a positive just now. We are going through a transition and need to grind out these results - Roddys impending return could give us a big boost going forward.

A top four finish for me would be a decent finish given our start, and given how many home games we have left, if we manage to find a way to win games consistently, it isn't a daft goal.

We will affect who wins the league that's for sure, just not sure we have a squad capable of winning all four games in hand and then applying the pressure on Bo'ness.

Mathematically we could win in hand, beat Bo'ness twice and be sitting top on GD.

Htg

How have you ended up with loads of home games?

4 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Now now guys.

Htg

Love your positivity, very refreshing, hopefully it will catch on as the team need our support.  

I agree with the principal that we have a lot of talent in the squad. Unfortunately following the loss of Barbour etc we have a poor balance due to the lack of quality in defence and also too many attacking midfielders.  TC will always score goals but our midfield is trying to compensate for a weak defence and therefore starving TC of service. 

Imo it would only take the signing of one or two defenders to give this team the confidence to play their  natural game to attack from all angles. No disrespect to the defenders we have but we need more options in this area.

Hopefully we can turn a corner in the New year with the right signings.

22 hours ago, ItsUnited said:

Love your positivity, very refreshing, hopefully it will catch on as the team need our support.  

I agree with the principal that we have a lot of talent in the squad. Unfortunately following the loss of Barbour etc we have a poor balance due to the lack of quality in defence and also too many attacking midfielders.  TC will always score goals but our midfield is trying to compensate for a weak defence and therefore starving TC of service. 

Imo it would only take the signing of one or two defenders to give this team the confidence to play their  natural game to attack from all angles. No disrespect to the defenders we have but we need more options in this area.

Hopefully we can turn a corner in the New year with the right signings.

Are you me?

The Rose have signed Liam Allison - a left back previously with Clyde.
Was he the trialist from last week's friendly versus Stirling Albion?

Suggestion down the street was Ferguson wants to bring in 6 players.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Lasted four months at Clyde , started one game and three sub appearances according to this.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-allison/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/471366/wettbewerb/SC3/saison/2019

Previous clubs Blackburn Utd, Stirling Uni (EOS Team?), Camelon and East Stirling.

Was with us 2014-15 season, think we signed him from youth football. 27 appearance, 9 goals. Played central midfield from memory before heading off to Uni.   Had wondered what had happened to him since then.  Good player, never seen him play fullback mind.

20 minutes ago, gogsy said:

East Stirling thread suggests he was out injured most of last season, doesn't seem to have played full back much either, mainly left midfield. I'm sure Brown Ferguson knows what he is doing.;)

He played left back under sludden at shire. Played left back for us as a trialist in the summer against Stirling uni at dunipace tourney