Auld Heid

Linlithgow Rose - 2019-20

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

900 of your allocation must’ve been Falkirk fans and day trippers given your actual typical attendance.

I deprived 2 supporters of tickets just out of badness, which means there was probably only 198 actual Rose fans there last night.

When we next play in the Scottish it’ll be on merit, not because of handouts.

I must admit I am intrigued - what handouts do the Rose get? And why would that entitle them to play in the Scottish Cup, rather than the fact the club holding an SFA licence? 

13 minutes ago, Bufty Boots said:

I must admit I am intrigued - what handouts do the Rose get? And why would that entitle them to play in the Scottish Cup, rather than the fact the club holding an SFA licence? 

Licence bought not earned.

Try telling that to Auld Bawheid.
Actually, due to the positioning of the camera gantry there were areas of the stand where you couldn't see the whole pitch which way explain why there were gaps.

All the bitter beggars are Just jealous that they're not in the cup.

As for the ridiculous comments about buying our way in to the competition I think you need to have a serious look at yourself and remember that the rose did all this WORK years ago in advance to be in this situation.

Form can sometimes be cyclical and our time will come again. Will it be this year? Who knows but we will rise again.

HTG!

Just now, Specky said:

Actually, due to the positioning of the camera gantry there were areas of the stand where you couldn't see the whole pitch which way explain why there were gaps.

Not just that, there was quite a few empty seats towards the Academy end. A lot of folk didn't go back up to the stand for the second half too. 

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Ah right - of course - forgot there was that part in the licence application. I’m surprised no other clubs take advantage of that criteria. Credit to our committee for using that to our benefit. 

Aye there is a tournament you can enter to win a licence right enough.

Of course it was bought - it was bought through the £000's of our own money spent to upgrade our ground to reach a required standard.

Almost en masse every ex junior team who moved to the EoS has put their hands in the pocket to work on obtaining a license - money for an application plus ground improvements.

Yet you seem content to criticise other teams whilst your own team have done diddly squat.

Maybe you should be querying their vision past hiring the park for next week.

26 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Of course it was bought - it was bought through the £000's of our own money spent to upgrade our ground to reach a required standard.

Almost en masse every ex junior team who moved to the EoS has put their hands in the pocket to work on obtaining a license - money for an application plus ground improvements.

Yet you seem content to criticise other teams whilst your own team have done diddly squat.

Wasn't the stand part funded by the Football Trust(or its equivalent at that time)?

Edited by gogsy

‘Team’ not teams. Just your team.

99% of my criticism I don’t even mean, it’s just to get a rise out of you and the other thicko who’s more obsessed with Bo’ness than Luthgy. Unfortunately due to lack of brains, it sails right over your head, you bite EVERY TIME and get in a right state!

The sad thing is, you’re in no position to have a pop back. You’re the guy who criticised your own players, management and committee and walked away from watching the Wee Rose. f**k, even this morning despite a valiant effort against a team several leagues above, you and a couple of other folk were on here slagging players off! Shut up and get in the bin mate.

7 hours ago, gogsy said:

Wasn't the stand part funded by the Football Trust(or its equivalent at that time)?

That was in the last millennium. It had nothing to do with getting a licence, you don't need a stand for that.

‘Team’ not teams. Just your team.

99% of my criticism I don’t even mean, it’s just to get a rise out of you and the other thicko who’s more obsessed with Bo’ness than Luthgy. Unfortunately due to lack of brains, it sails right over your head, you bite EVERY TIME and get in a right state!

The sad thing is, you’re in no position to have a pop back. You’re the guy who criticised your own players, management and committee and walked away from watching the Wee Rose. f**k, even this morning despite a valiant effort against a team several leagues above, you and a couple of other folk were on here slagging players off! Shut up and get in the bin mate.

Just answer the question
- what steps have been taken to move forwards by Bo'ness following their move from Juniors to Seniors?

From the outside it looks like the answer is not much.

16 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Just answer the question
- what steps have been taken to move forwards by Bo'ness following their move from Juniors to Seniors?

From the outside it looks like the answer is not much.

Well just to run it past you the NPA have to rubber stamp any changes United make to gain a licence. I believe there’s are two items that need to be addressed. 
Also I don’t recall the club getting any financial help for the removal of the wooden stand and fitting the new roof.

Did you leave the the ground early on Friday night? I hear your are developing this habit.

Have another pint of “Bitter & Twisted” and relax.

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

That was in the last millennium. It had nothing to do with getting a licence, you don't need a stand for that.

Obviously you don't need a stand for a licence I was merely pointing out that the frequent claim on here that Linlithgow Rose improvements to their ground was purely down  to the blood sweat and tears and honest toil of the supporters.

Edited by gogsy

Well just to run it past you the NPA have to rubber stamp any changes United make to gain a licence. I believe there’s are two items that need to be addressed. 
Also I don’t recall the club getting any financial help for the removal of the wooden stand and fitting the new roof.
Did you leave the the ground early on Friday night? I hear your are developing this habit.
Have another pint of “Bitter & Twisted” and relax.

Don’t give him any more info about what’s been done or where we’re doing. Its hilarious reading on a lazy Sunday, sitting consuming our bacon rolls, whilst what the B.U are doing is consuming him.

Obviously you don't need a stand for a licence I was merely pointing out that the frequent claim on here that Linlithgow Rose improvements to their ground was purely down  to the blood sweat and tears and honest toil of the supporters.

Don't think anyone claimed every improvement was 100% self funded.

Prestonfield has been developed over the years. To such an extent that obtaining a license was a no brainer - before clubs even contemplated the EoS.

Since clubs moved to the EoS it has been fantastic to see the improvements by most.

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Don’t give him any more info about what’s been done or where we’re doing. Its hilarious reading on a lazy Sunday, sitting consuming our bacon rolls, whilst what the B.U are doing is consuming him.

What a job that would entail!!!!!!!!!!!!