Jump to content

Linlithgow Rose - 2019-20


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

On early form Camelon should have been a banker 3 points - again our defence managed to throw form out the window. 

For me the other contenders are Dundonald, Bo'ness and maybe Jeanfield.  To drop points outside that group especially at home could  be the difference.

 

Wasnt just your defence it was our 11 who caused your defeat. 2 of our goals came from distance and one came from a rebound from a shot from distance. Your midfield didnt help protect your back 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Wasnt just your defence it was our 11 who caused your defeat. 2 of our goals came from distance and one came from a rebound from a shot from distance. Your midfield didnt help protect your back 4

Yeah, it was the defending rather than the defence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

On early form Camelon should have been a banker 3 points - again our defence managed to throw form out the window. 

For me the other contenders are Dundonald, Bo'ness and maybe Jeanfield.  To drop points outside that group especially at home could  be the difference.

 

Penicuik be up their aswell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Wasnt just your defence it was our 11 who caused your defeat. 2 of our goals came from distance and one came from a rebound from a shot from distance. Your midfield didnt help protect your back 4

With no disrespect intended to Camelon (they fully deserved the points from Saturday)

If Saturday, was Camelon at their best - I would happily play you every week - because we have so much more to offer than we showed on Saturday.  Unfortunately we aren't clicking and look far from a side who will be live contenders.

(Agree with Penicuik)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

With no disrespect intended to Camelon (they fully deserved the points from Saturday)

If Saturday, was Camelon at their best - I would happily play you every week - because we have so much more to offer than we showed on Saturday.  Unfortunately we aren't clicking and look far from a side who will be live contenders.

(Agree with Penicuik)

The Haws will be in and around that group too I would imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

With no disrespect intended to Camelon (they fully deserved the points from Saturday)

If Saturday, was Camelon at their best - I would happily play you every week - because we have so much more to offer than we showed on Saturday.  Unfortunately we aren't clicking and look far from a side who will be live contenders.

(Agree with Penicuik)

Shoulda woulda coulda. We done what we had to do in the game. We can play better aswell. Sometimes it's just on the day. This league is going to be so tight. We are one of the teams that could take points from a lot of the top teams and lose to teams around us.

You say that but we both won a game each last season. Weve bea you on your patch see what happens when we play you at carmuirs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/08/2019 at 19:12, th1stleandr0se said:

It also tells you that home advantage isn't that relevant at this level.  Except, of course, if you have an idiosyncratic pitch like Bonnyrigg or Broxburn where local knowledge can give you a goal's start.  A good playing surface like Linlithgow or Bo'ness is "a level playing-field".

IDIOSYNCRATIC WOOOOO!!!!!!! THATS A BIGGY. and didn't you mean to say, what Bo`ness was like. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:12, th1stleandr0se said:

It also tells you that home advantage isn't that relevant at this level.  Except, of course, if you have an idiosyncratic pitch like Bonnyrigg or Broxburn where local knowledge can give you a goal's start.  A good playing surface like Linlithgow or Bo'ness is "a level playing-field".

Bit early to be calling the Bo'ness pitch a good surface, is it not?  It will be, however and allow football to be played in a less 'hoof-it' manner.

Edited by Jambo'ness
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even first half where we were gifted a goal. Equaliser from the spot and I thought we dominated the game from there. Nice finish from Ruari and created a number of openings after that where we either took a touch too many or there was a last ditch tackle. Dunbar will take their share of points off teams through the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, HTG said:

Even first half where we were gifted a goal. Equaliser from the spot and I thought we dominated the game from there. Nice finish from Ruari and created a number of openings after that where we either took a touch too many or there was a last ditch tackle. Dunbar will take their share of points off teams through the season. 

Agreed but even when we were 1 up and dominating I always feared there was a defensive error just around the corner.

I think the ref added more time on than we deliberately wasted at the end of the match. I'm not a fan of the giving up chances to seal the game to instead waste time in the corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Draw would have been fair enough. Bizarre decision in first half when Dunbar had the ball in the net. Shocking defending to gift the opener. Then rose had the best of the play till second half which I thought was very even. Unlucky with the header off the post. Good enough game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, andyeufc said:

Draw would have been fair enough. Bizarre decision in first half when Dunbar had the ball in the net. Shocking defending to gift the opener. Then rose had the best of the play till second half which I thought was very even. Unlucky with the header off the post. Good enough game.

Coyne hit the bar to balance the one off the post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HTG said:

Even first half where we were gifted a goal. Equaliser from the spot and I thought we dominated the game from there. Nice finish from Ruari and created a number of openings after that where we either took a touch too many or there was a last ditch tackle. Dunbar will take their share of points off teams through the season. 

I thought Linlithgow’s experience won them the game today. Managed the game well enough. Thought Dunbar missed the midfield out too many times in first half. Decent game. As said, Dunbar will take a fair share of points off teams, especially at home.

Fancy Linlithgow to be there or there abouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...