Auld Heid

Linlithgow Rose - 2019-20

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Would it not have made more sense to switch it so that Linlithgow v Camelon was played on Saturday, and the 26th October game became the reverse? That way the home team can keep any hospitality bookings, and other preparations don't go to waste.

I kinda wondered if they would do that

So before the sun even sets on today’s events, they’ve re-jigged the fixtures using common sense. A credit to the league for which others should take note ( you know who you are).  

19 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Linlithgow will travel to Camelon next Saturday.

A good decision made and announced pretty much as early as was possible. Thanks to all.

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Update on the Camelon fixture.  This will now be switched to Prestonfield.

Makes sense if you guys has sponsors and hospitality etc and Bo'ness can use our park

I know it's a different club but any idea how much local interest there was in the junior derby yesterday?

I'd think the Scottish Cup game would have more appeal

17 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

I know it's a different club but any idea how much local interest there was in the junior derby yesterday?

Here's a crowd photo from the CFC facebook page

68628221_2578492312174737_20510061498172

Speaking to someone from the Bo'ness committee he reckoned around 60 mainly friends and family.

32 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Speaking to someone from the Bo'ness committee he reckoned around 60 mainly friends and family.

I counted 72 when I was there. Pretty decent considering Scottish Cup at Prestonfield, BU in a big cup and Party at the Palace on. Majority backing Bo’ness 

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

Scullion in midfield? I really don't think he has the feet for it. And playing Slaven in the 9 role is wasting his ability to run at defenders. We'd be better with Scullion alongside Barbour, Thom at RB, Smith in midfield, and TC and Slaven swapping. No?

Intelligent work at the back post there from Thom to head into the middle for Danny Smith to score. 1-1. Camelon could have had a few by now.

Meikle on for Scullion at half time, probably for an injury, Scullion went down near the end of the first half. Might give better balance in midfield anyway.

Nope. 2-1 Camelon. The amount of space they're getting behind the midfield in the left and right channels is ridiculous. It could easily be 5 by now.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Nope. 2-1 Camelon. The amount of space they're getting behind the midfield in the left and right channels is ridiculous. It could easily be 5 by now.

Same old story then.who works with the defence ?

Same old story then.who works with the defence ?
Tbh I think the problem is more in midfield today. Barbour and Thom are doing alright. Our three in there are getting overrun and Ruari looks disinterested. He was at the heart of everything good last week but he's well off it today.

4-3-3 is fine when you're better than the opposition or when the wide players drop in, but neither are the case today.

Goal chopped off for offside, Allum looked on to me but the lino was in the right position. A reminder that Rose have enough quality going forward that they can score from nowhere, because we're not putting them under pressure at all.

... and 3-1 to Camelon. Nice finish from outside the box, but under no pressure and from a position they're getting into frequently.