Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

18 hours ago, GordonS said:

Brownlie is better than Nimmo so unless there's another centre half coming in we've weakened in that position. Dean Cairns has been an increasing influence and at times has been our best midfielder. Stevenson is nothing special though he hasn't let us down and Wilson has been peripheral.

IMO when a new manager comes into an underachieving club he gets time to make any changes he wants, so we'll see.

In all honesty I’m not that bothered any of them are away but Brownlie and Cairns were good enough.

Wilson is a striker that doesn’t score and Stevenson was probably the weakest player in the squad. Cost us countless chances and goals this season, don’t really get the hype.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

In all honesty I’m not that bothered any of them are away but Brownlie and Cairns were good enough.

Wilson is a striker that doesn’t score and Stevenson was probably the weakest player in the squad. Cost us countless chances and goals this season, don’t really get the hype.

I didn't know there was hype about Stevenson. I thought he was fine but there are lots of full backs at that standard at this level of the game.

The two that have underwhelmed me are Halleran and Sneddon. I hope I'm made to eat those words.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

I didn't know there was hype about Stevenson. I thought he was fine but there are lots of full backs at that standard at this level of the game.

The two that have underwhelmed me are Halleran and Sneddon. I hope I'm made to eat those words.

For me only Cairns would be a miss and still hope he stays.

I have no problem with a manager wanting to bring in his own players to an under performing team. 

It does however concern me that we aren't starting with the fringe players that can't even get a game. 

Surely you start by emptying these players, with original starters making up the squad as new blood arrives to improve the team.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

I have no problem with a manager wanting to bring in his own players to an under performing team. 

It does however concern me that we aren't starting with the fringe players that can't even get a game. 

Surely you start by emptying these players, with original starters making up the squad as new blood arrives to improve the team.

I don't think much of the problem was with the players anyway, I thought it was mostly tactical. You can always look to improve the squad but IMO it was good enough to be challenging for the league if they were used right.

Brownlie & Cairns will definitely be a big miss, Stevenson & Wilson not so much. Very surprised at who has left and a bit underwhelmed at who has come in. I'm just not feeling this change in direction at all !! The feeling was that the squad was almost there but frustrated at some performances especially the last minute goals away to Dundonald and LTHV but did this squad really need dismantled ??  Not for me !!

46 minutes ago, paul999 said:

Brownlie & Cairns will definitely be a big miss, Stevenson & Wilson not so much. Very surprised at who has left and a bit underwhelmed at who has come in. I'm just not feeling this change in direction at all !! The feeling was that the squad was almost there but frustrated at some performances especially the last minute goals away to Dundonald and LTHV but did this squad really need dismantled ??  Not for me !!

Herdy said in his interview they were just in the door and Brownlie asked to leave

Probably a mixture of those who have left came because of the BF connection, and club happy to cut travelling expenses from the west each week, in normal circumstances. Seems those Herdy has brought in are from local area. Still need another CH, if only for cover.

5 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Herdy said in his interview they were just in the door and Brownlie asked to leave

Not exactly the full picture.  As i said above pollok made an offer for David.  This was initially rejected.  A new offer was submitted and this was accepted it probably suited the club as well as rhe player.  The offer was made just before Herdy was  appointed although i think they waited until he was in to make the final decision.

Edited by Cb14
Error in original post

That was a good watch today, played like a Rose team.  The new boys fitted in well and Hare at centre half was outstanding.   Camelon next round.   Good to hear the bench coaching the players and being active in contrast to what went on previously.  The first of many successes to come I hope.

Cairns away too, not upset at that news either.

It was indeed a good watch and a good result although for a while it looked like another one of those days when it just wouldn't go in.  TC comes on and our fortunes change.  I'm not saying it was all due to him but his cross set up the equaliser and although his penalty was saved there was no mistake with the rebound.  Was it Ogilvie?  That fired up the Rose and Docherty hit a beauty into the corner from long range. 

I've seldom seen a match where a team had so many yellow cards without a red.  Did the Shire have a rota for bookings?  "One each for the team".

On 28/08/2021 at 21:29, Avalon said:

Utterly honking, the board need to take a long hard look at themselves. As do those so called supporters who we were shouting for Herdy to be the manager. Hang your heads, you have short memories. 

No comments tonight?  Must be gutted we won.

On 10/09/2021 at 09:50, paul999 said:

Not sure you have been watching the same team as me... We were turgid under BF. Boring and defensive football and totally against the whole way the club has set about the game for many a year.  Anyone who thinks we were nearly there when we were 15 points of the top of the table after 8 games clearly has low standards.  Brownlie was nowhere near as good as he thought he was.  I honestly don't know how anyone could be surprised the club acted when they did. The leadership from the dugout was non existant 

On 09/09/2021 at 19:08, Auld Heid said:

Surely you start by backing the new manager and trusting he is doing what is right for the club AND the dressing room 

2 hours ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Surely you start by backing the new manager and trusting he is doing what is right for the club AND the dressing room 

Don't think it's a question of not supporting the management.

Merely expressing a view.  

Extremely pleasing result today and one that never looked like it was on the cards. For the little they're worth, my thoughts were:

Willis Hare at centre half... never saw that coming, but he got nothing wrong at all, his physicality was important and his ability to bring the ball out at his feet gave us a dimension that East Stirling probably weren't expecting. Great decision to play him there. A cult hero in the making?

Halleran was really bad, he constantly lost the ball, he was off the pace, his decision making was poor and his execution worse. Between him and the two behind him being pretty anonymous there was a huge hole in midfield. I was hoping for TC to come on for him so Ogilvie could drop into the 10 position but we got Sneddon instead, who was fine.

Oglivie is a class act, and he's got some engine on him. 

Docherty's touch was uncharacteristically poor all day and he seemed to be struggling. Just one of those days any player can have. The main thing is that he never stopped working, he never stopped showing for the ball or trying the right things, and he got his reward with that fantastic winning goal. Chuffed for him.

I thought the ref was pretty harsh on the home side. Not in the big decisions, but he was all over every little thing that could get picked up. Some of them were a joke. East Stirling should have adjusted to the ref but they kept putting in the same challenges over and over, then getting frustrated when he pulled them up. He got stuff wrong our way too but I thought East Stirling got by far the worst of it.

And it was nice of the stadium organisers to arrange a wee 9/11 commemoration. I'm assuming the music blaring from the fairground is what they used to torture detainees at Guantánamo Bay?

Anyway, great to stay in the cup, Camelon at home will be a cracker, and good to maintain our excellent record against LL sides.