Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Scorelines still not very convincing but that's 3 victories in a row for Rose who seem to be establishing winning form.

Dunbar, Glasgow Uni and Whitehill up next before festive double-header with Broxburn.

Speaking of Glasgow Uni... has it been confirmed yet whether that tie is going Friday or Sunday?

Sunday

Scorelines still not very convincing but that's 3 victories in a row for Rose who seem to be establishing winning form.

Dunbar, Glasgow Uni and Whitehill up next before festive double-header with Broxburn.

Speaking of Glasgow Uni... has it been confirmed yet whether that tie is going Friday or Sunday?
To be honest the performances were strong enough - just failed to turn that into goals.

TC suspended and not 100% match fit after injury has been a miss also.

Linlithgow leading 2-0 with goals from Brownlie and Ronald. Dunbar had a man sent off just on half time.

Great looking set up and 1st class coverage by Dunbar.

Hopefully a few more goals in the 2nd half.

Sad news, heard that Mick Reynolds a former centre half back in late 70's early 80's passed away a fortnight ago.

He was a no nonsense centre half and an absolute gentleman off the park.

RIP Mick Reynolds

(Top right in photo)FB_IMG_1607452675150.jpeg

14 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Sad news indeed. A good old fashioned centre half. Hard as nails.

Sad news indeed,played against him a few times back in the good old junior days . Not a bad team photo, Miller,Love,McLaren,Cruikshanks,Les, Tommy Ure, aye they were a no bad team. Who did Mick play for before LR, was it Grangemouth,Bonnybridege summit like that I think.

Sad news indeed,played against him a few times back in the good old junior days . Not a bad team photo, Miller,Love,McLaren,Cruikshanks,Les, Tommy Ure, aye they were a no bad team. Who did Mick play for before LR, was it Grangemouth,Bonnybridege summit like that I think.
My recollection was he came from an Edinburgh club - possibly Bonnyrigg.

A lot of good memories from that team.

Johnny Love, he was mad as a hatter. His nephew played in goals for us a few years later and he was just as daft.(in a nice way)

Iain 'Charley' Fairley good hardworking midfielder.

George Steel
Tommy Ure
Jimmy Crease

All top players.

TC has probably saved BF.

He pretty much won that game for the Rose on his own.

1st half we didn't have anyone upfront to hold the ball or bring others into the game. Our tactics are so boring and negative.

Second half night n day of a difference. TC appears and scores the goals that matter. Both top notch strikes.

That's why he is a Legend

Just a wee reminder that if you're lucky enough to still be in work and haven't had your income reduced, like me, to donate the price of a match ticket to our opponents in away games. We've possibly got the biggest travelling support in non-league in the East of Scotland and our visits are worth a few desperately-needed quid in normal times.

I would definitely have gone to the Whitehill Welfare game on Saturday and I watched it online for free anyway, so I used https://donateaticket.com/donate/whitehill-welfare/

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Just a wee reminder that if you're lucky enough to still be in work and haven't had your income reduced, like me, to donate the price of a match ticket to our opponents in away games. We've possibly got the biggest travelling support in non-league in the East of Scotland and our visits are worth a few desperately-needed quid in normal times.

I would definitely have gone to the Whitehill Welfare game on Saturday and I watched it online for free anyway, so I used https://donateaticket.com/donate/whitehill-welfare/

Well said Gordon 👍

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Thanks Gordon most appreciated 👍

35 minutes in and it's 1-0 to Brechin, but Rose have been the better side throughout. Had much more of both possession and territory, not forced saves from the keeper but a few good chances. You'd never image that Rose are two tiers below Brechin and away from home.