Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Yip I did say there was nae arguments from me. Always up against it wi 10 men 2nd goal no offside though?

If you watch it frame by frame (press , or . on youtube) the attacker doesn't appear on camera for about 16 frames after the ball is kicked - at that point he looks offside. For the next 16 frames he runs about one and a half of those advertising boards but the defender only runs about half that distance, so it may well be that the Rose player was onside and just outran the WW defender. 

21 hours ago, Ginaro said:

If you watch it frame by frame (press , or . on youtube) the attacker doesn't appear on camera for about 16 frames after the ball is kicked - at that point he looks offside. For the next 16 frames he runs about one and a half of those advertising boards but the defender only runs about half that distance, so it may well be that the Rose player was onside and just outran the WW defender. 

He looks like he plays the ball forward rather than back for SNeddon which made him look offside

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

He looks like he plays the ball forward rather than back for SNeddon which made him look offside

I was talking about the original ball from inside the Rose half to the winger, as the cross into the box is fine as the goalscorer is not in front of the ball. (it doesn't matter if the ball is played forwards or backwards for offside btw) ;) 

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I was talking about the original ball from inside the Rose half to the winger, as the cross into the box is fine as the goalscorer is not in front of the ball. (it doesn't matter if the ball is played forwards or backwards for offside btw) ;) 

He's in front of the ball when the ball is played into box admittedly a lot tighter than I first thought but he is offside when when ball is passed to him

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

He's in front of the ball when the ball is played into box admittedly a lot tighter than I first thought but he is offside when when ball is passed to him

Totally agree apart from the bit about him being in front of the ball.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Aye so he is... :rolleyes:

rose.JPG

Edited by Ginaro

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye I thought offside was there as well until seen the footage. Looked well off wi original pass though. 

The game is history now onto next one. 

Neither pass was off, seriously man.

SIGNING NEWS

The Club is delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Jamie Allan.

Jamie joins us on loan from East Fife Football Club and will be included in the squad for today’s East of Scotland Premier Division fixture again Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale at #prestonfieldofdreams.

Welcome to The Rose Jamie!

#htg #hailthegallant

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Was at the BU this season on loan. Max Christie didn't rate him and let him go back to his parent club early. A pair of young legs on the bench, no more, no less I predict.

He came on as a late sub and looked kean enough to get on the ball.

The game was done however and time will tell on what his impact will be.