Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

10 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
50 minutes ago, GordonS said:
Well we fkd that.

You'll be gutted to lose. Was there a noticeable difference in playing style and intensity under Herdy or was it just BrownFergusonv2.0 ?

Banks of Dee were deserved winners.

We were second all over the park.  For me our best midfielder Cairns was surprisingly on the bench.

Apart from his well-taken goal Halleran offered very little. Constantly over-ran the ball and took too long in possession. Lots of misplaced passes. I've still not seen anything to suggest he's good enough and Cairns would have been better from the start.

McKenzie did nothing either, though it was his debut so hopefully there's more to come.

When Sneddon came on we might as well have been down to 10.

Stowe worked away but he should have scored when almost through on the keeper and that step inside off the right onto his left foot was far too predictable. The big number 4 showed him that way every time and usually mopped it up easily. I think he was struggling more than most with the heat though.

Was Docherty injured? He was a big miss.

Too many passengers today and too many wasted chances. We should have had that won long before their penalty. A really frustrating way to go out of the big cup.

18 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
58 minutes ago, GordonS said:
Well we fkd that.

You'll be gutted to lose. Was there a noticeable difference in playing style and intensity under Herdy or was it just BrownFergusonv2.0 ?

It was 4-4-2 rather than 4-3-3 and Docherty, who's been excellent, wasn't in the squad. We were much blunter than last week. IMO intensity wasn't the problem before or now, it was mostly tactical.

ETA and yes, gutted, those Scottish Cup runs have been the best things we've had in the past 5 years or so. I wouldn't agree with Auld Heid that we were second all over the park, we were pretty dominant in midfield. We really should have scored more.

Edited by GordonS

I thought it was a good cup tie with both teams playing to win.  Shame it went to a contentious penalty to decide it as their keeper saved them on two or three occasions.  I disagree with Auld Heid as well.  There was a bit of dig there, especially Ogilvie who won possession for us on a number of occasions.  We had enough about us to win that game but bad luck, good goalkeeping and lack of composure had me fearing the worst, which happened. 

9 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I thought it was a good cup tie with both teams playing to win.  Shame it went to a contentious penalty to decide it as their keeper saved them on two or three occasions.  I disagree with Auld Heid as well.  There was a bit of dig there, especially Ogilvie who won possession for us on a number of occasions.  We had enough about us to win that game but bad luck, good goalkeeping and lack of composure had me fearing the worst, which happened. 

Ogilvie was very good again, he can play anywhere up front or in midfield. If he'd had more time to develop a partnership with TC they could have been dangerous. I thought Nimmo settled in well at the back and Willis Hare was entertaining again, though he's always a bit of a red card waiting to happen. Gary Thom is always Gary Thom. 

Lots of good things, which makes it even more frustrating for me! It was very similar to the last time against BoD, we had the better of the game but wasted it while they made the most of their chances.

Next game worth getting excited about is East Stirling in the South Challenge. Oh well.

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ogilvie was very good again, he can play anywhere up front or in midfield. If he'd had more time to develop a partnership with TC they could have been dangerous. I thought Nimmo settled in well at the back and Willis Hare was entertaining again, though he's always a bit of a red card waiting to happen. 

Hare was lucky to stay on as he managed a couple of sly kicks in the Banks boy’s ribs as he got to his feet. Not sure why the Banks player got booked at the same time.
Was the penalty contentious? I was heading towards the exit so it was miles away, but the Rose players didn’t seem to argue given that it was essentially going to put them out.

29 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Hare was lucky to stay on as he managed a couple of sly kicks in the Banks boy’s ribs as he got to his feet. Not sure why the Banks player got booked at the same time.
Was the penalty contentious? I was heading towards the exit so it was miles away, but the Rose players didn’t seem to argue given that it was essentially going to put them out.

I had a very good view of Hare's scuffle on the ground with the number 6 and it looked pretty ugly, but I don't think he crossed the line into red card territory. It looked like he was trying to niggle the defender into a reaction and it's just as well for both of them that he didn't get one. I didn't think the defender deserved a yellow for that, but the ref was pointing further up the pitch so it might have been related to another incident.

I wasn't near the penalty, though it didn't look dubious from my angle and nobody around me complained either.

45 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Talking of red cards, Ruari gave the ref two opportunities after he was on a yellow which I presume is why he was subbed.

Yeah he's quite a clumsy tackler, not malicious or anything, he just doesn't have good tackling technique, and he's always quick with the back-chat too so he does pick up a few yellows.

2 minutes ago, Avalon said:

Utterly honking, the board need to take a long hard look at themselves. As do those so called supporters who we were shouting for Herdy to be the manager. Hang your heads, you have short memories. 

Shut up you reactive twat.  Ferguson was fucking rancid.  Herdy will be a success.