Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 minute ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

How we getting on? I'm not watching it, have found my interest for live football has waned massively without being able to be there in the flesh

It's weird, I find my attention drifting watching in on a laptop without commentary. It's even harder when so many of the players an unfamiliar.

Rose are much the better side, had a lot more possession and played around the Brechin box a great deal, though Brechin look dangerous when they get forward. It's probably 50-50 just now.

The new players definitely look more talented than the squad Ferguson inherited, but they're not a cohesive unit yet.

And Tommy Coyne is still a cut above.

Goal for Rose, keeper came out of his box to deal with a long kick from the Rose keeper and made a roaring bahookie of it. It looked like he might have handled outside the box, but if he did then he got away with it. 2-2.

And Rose well on top.

Edited by GordonS

Rose shot deflected just wide, from the corner the keeper is forced to make a good save, then when the ball is crossed back in he has to smartly get down low to punch it away.

Rose are absolutely all over Brechin, another goal and it's surely curtains.

Yet another corner coming.

FT 3-2 to Rose. Apart from their goals and a couple of near misses or saves, Brechin offered almost nothing. Genuinely, Whitehill Welfare were tougher opposition last week and they've yet to take a single point in the league.

A huge win for Rose and I'm nearly greetin' we're not there to see it. This could be hugely formative for this squad of players.

HTG!

FT 3-2 to Rose. Apart from their goals and a couple of near misses or saves, Brechin offered almost nothing. Genuinely, Whitehill Welfare were tougher opposition last week and they've yet to take a single point in the league.
A huge win for Rose and I'm nearly greetin' we're not there to see it. This could be hugely formative for this squad of players.
HTG!
Brilliant result and well deserved. We continue to grind our results.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

HTG!

Cheer up ffs and congratulations.🙂

Edited by happy

4 minutes ago, happy said:

Cheer up ffs and congratulations.🙂

I'm very happy, but it's really anti-climatic to go from one of your biggest wins ever to the stream just ending and then you're just in the house watching a 12 year old build a Lego X-wing.

Maybe they'll stay in the cup long enough for us to get into a game!

48 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm very happy, but it's really anti-climatic to go from one of your biggest wins ever to the stream just ending and then you're just in the house watching a 12 year old build a Lego X-wing.

Maybe they'll stay in the cup long enough for us to get into a game!

I managed to get back into the stream after it finished to watch the key bits again.  As you've said, it's sometimes difficult to keep your attention on the match (especially if you're watching one on the laptop and one on the TV!) and the lack of immediate replays or ability to rewind becomes a bit annoying as you're used to that elsewhere.  At least with the Brechin stream the score is up top so you can easily find the goals.  Special mention to whoever it was who crossed first-time for Tommy's goal.  I still haven't sorted out who is who.

If this sounds like complaining I'm really grateful to see the matches being streamed and I have to say that although the Rose aren't strolling matches they've shown a bit of grit to get the results.  

Probably the best team performance we've had this season. Lots of changes in personnel may have contributed to the delay in finding our feet. But there was a definite improvement in midfield especially. Arnie and Ruari starting to understand each other possibly.
Felt the pace of our play was higher today than it has been which was pleasing. Not getting carried away as there was still a few errors but the boys deserve credit for that performance [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

3 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I managed to get back into the stream after it finished to watch the key bits again.  As you've said, it's sometimes difficult to keep your attention on the match (especially if you're watching one on the laptop and one on the TV!) and the lack of immediate replays or ability to rewind becomes a bit annoying as you're used to that elsewhere.  At least with the Brechin stream the score is up top so you can easily find the goals.  Special mention to whoever it was who crossed first-time for Tommy's goal.  I still haven't sorted out who is who.

If this sounds like complaining I'm really grateful to see the matches being streamed and I have to say that although the Rose aren't strolling matches they've shown a bit of grit to get the results.  

I think the cross for the first goal was from Kyle Wilson.

As you say, one good thing about the Brechin stream is that you can go back and watch moments again. And although the automatic camera lost the action a little sometimes, it was mostly good and the picture was very sharp.

The constant changing of personnel in the early part of the season and reliance on loanees hasn't helped.

In the last few weeks things have started to settle down and there has been a consistency about Selection.

All that said, I still think we have a bit to go, before we have a finished article.

Games on FB have been great and social media is important to keep people in touch an engaged.

18 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Special mention to whoever it was who crossed first-time for Tommy's goal.  I still haven't sorted out who is who.

I thought it was Kyle Wilson but from the SFA highlights you can see it was Aiden Wilson. These were shot from the other side of the park: 

• 2 weeks later...