Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I thought the WoS opt out gave clubs status quo for next season?

So the EoS option was different?

What's seems certain the decision to play is appealing to some and financial armageddon for others.

The WoSFL put in an opt out with no punishment, which mainly means no relegation. Which has been quite controversial as it has meant no promotion for the Conference level teams.

The EoSFL never had the same sort of opt-out, but has had the tradition of non-playing membership. Just like the Juniors had abeyance. No one was forced to play. It just would mean accepting to starting at the bottom.

43 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Hence why it shouldn't have started without fans.

So in essence a relegation from tier 6.

What the wosfl have done is wreck the season for teams who wants to play. Why should we protect the elite. If my team had to take an year out I'd accept my team would go to the bottom.

Its crap fans cant get in but we just have to get on with it

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What the wosfl have done is wreck the season for teams who wants to play. Why should we protect the elite. If my team had to take an year out I'd accept my team would go to the bottom.

Its crap fans cant get in but we just have to get on with it

No we don't, football is the people's game, a game that thrives on matchday atmosphere and people being in attendance.

Without fans its sterile, false, and not the same intensity.   Having now been to several games without fans its sad and soulless.   

No fans no game as far as I'm concerned.

Its local football,  a chance for friends to mingle,  laugh, have a drink, its more than just the guys on the pitch kicking a ball. Its community.

Edited by Tynierose

42 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

No we don't, football is the people's game, a game that thrives on matchday atmosphere and people being in attendance.

Without fans its sterile, false, and not the same intensity.   Having now been to several games without fans its sad and soulless.   

Its local football,  a chance for friends to mingle,  laugh, have a drink, its more than just the guys on the pitch kicking a ball. Its community.

I dont disagree with u but it is what it is. I would rather this than no football. Lifes depressing and boring as it is with the virus, brexit and us election and the media make it worse. At least with the season being started and i can get the games on ppv for camelon and gives some sort of positivity.

It provides an outlet for players, coaches and committee in difficult times which is a good thing on a variety of levels. I wish it also provided an outlet for fans, we all do, but at the moment it's not allowed. Some clubs can fill the gap with live streaming etc. which helps.

It might appear sterile and false for some, but for others it's still a competive game of football, and to be honest if you're invested in it you barely notice during the 90 minutes.

It provides an outlet for players, coaches and committee in difficult times which is a good thing on a variety of levels. I wish it also provided an outlet for fans, we all do, but at the moment it's not allowed. Some clubs can fill the gap with live streaming etc. which helps.

It might appear sterile and false for some, but for others it's still a competive game of football, and to be honest if you're invested in it you barely notice during the 90 minutes.

It’s shite at all levels

8 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Well said Tynie. It is all about community.

It's not all about community. Of course we want the fans in, for their sake and the club's. But we are now part of the pyramid system which only works if all levels of it work.

Even at tiers 6 and 7 Scottish football isn't a social occasion, it's a professional sport.

It’s shite at all levels
It's not really, and I say that as someone watching his team get humped every week. It's an important outlet at the moment.

That said it needs to be sustainable, which is something that needs addressed soon.

It's not all about community. Of course we want the fans in, for their sake and the club's. But we are now part of the pyramid system which only works if all levels of it work.
Even at tiers 6 and 7 Scottish football isn't a social occasion, it's a professional sport.
A professional sport and part of the pyramid?

Don't you recall how they largely made it up on how to end last season?

Teams promoted / relegated in boardrooms and teams like Kelty blocked from having the opportunity to progress.

So clearly the SPFL either don't care or recognise tier 5 and below unless it suits.

A new season with a 50/50 split on starting or not.

I wonder how many players have had to self isolate or have caught Covid throughout the EoS, since play was allowed to resume.

Whilst we are all desperate to see the return of football it has to be at a time when the basics are available - changing / washing facilities and fans allowed so clubs can at least have opportunities to finance themselves.

19 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Teams promoted / relegated in boardrooms and teams like Kelty blocked from having the opportunity to progress.

So clearly the SPFL either don't care or recognise tier 5 and below unless it suits.

I wonder how many players have had to self isolate or have caught Covid throughout the EoS, since play was allowed to resume.

Whilst we are all desperate to see the return of football it has to be at a time when the basics are available - changing / washing facilities and fans allowed so clubs can at least have opportunities to finance themselves.

Why are we still arguing about this, seven matches into the season?

Teams voted, league started, its meant to be a democracy so let’s get on with it, and hopefully the clubs can continue to challenge the Government on the right to use inside facilities etc!

As far as I am aware, no one forced players to play this season. If any of them had genuine concerns, then surely would have spoken up. If their employers had issues with players playing, surely that is a discussion which will have been heard,

Everyone agrees that these are not normal times to play. By a member of the shielding community and having family affected by this, I did not think it right for season to go ahead. But since it has, I now play my part within Musselburgh, trying to sure we deal with the situation as best we can and as much as possible, try to ensure we do everything within our power to ensure any player or committee member who walks through Olivebank gates, do so in the safest environment possible!

We know the debacle that ended the season, with Kelty and Brora been given no possibility of promotion was wrong ( in our eyes). But this could not be forseen. It is a natural reaction for clubs to do what is best for themselves, and the ‘closed shop’ from tier 4 and above was unfortunate at best! But time is now to work from tier 5 downwards to try and progress this matter and see if/that can be changed.

But have a look around you. With perhaps the exception of Linlithgow (?) most clubs in the East who transferred from the Juniors to East of Scotland, have made huge steps forward, bringing their clubs up to a far batter standard than 3 years ago.

Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Bo’ness all promoted and their stadiums improved beyond comprehension 3 years ago. The rest of us, trying 5o emulate these clubs, knowing it will be years, if at all, before we get promoted, but it is great clubs,think it’s worth the risk!

What is your answer with this one - as tiers 1-4 did not play fair with us, do you think it is best to go back cap in hand to the Juniors and say, sorry guys, we made a mistake and we want back in? Regressive to say the least!

This has been utter shit for clubs at our level and below. But frankly it is shit all around, but you either sit down and do f-all, or since the season has begun, make the best of it! I thought clubs had a chance after a period of time, once season had started, to assess their position and see if they were right in what they did, or pull out. Is this not the case?

41 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

But how many of them was it because of football or because they were in the pub or caught it at work. That you will never know and you can twist it to whatever suits.

4 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Teams voted, league started, its meant to be a democracy so let’s get on with it, and hopefully the clubs can continue to challenge the Government on the right to use inside facilities etc!

As far as I am aware, no one forced players to play this season. If any of them had genuine concerns, then surely would have spoken up. If their employers had issues with players playing, surely that is a discussion which will have been heard,

Everyone agrees that these are not normal times to play. By a member of the shielding community and having family affected by this, I did not think it right for season to go ahead. But since it has, I now play my part within Musselburgh, trying to sure we deal with the situation as best we can and as much as possible, try to ensure we do everything within our power to ensure any player or committee member who walks through Olivebank gates, do so in the safest environment possible!

We know the debacle that ended the season, with Kelty and Brora been given no possibility of promotion was wrong ( in our eyes). But this could not be forseen. It is a natural reaction for clubs to do what is best for themselves, and the ‘closed shop’ from tier 4 and above was unfortunate at best! But time is now to work from tier 5 downwards to try and progress this matter and see if/that can be changed.

But have a look around you. With perhaps the exception of Linlithgow (?) most clubs in the East who transferred from the Juniors to East of Scotland, have made huge steps forward, bringing their clubs up to a far batter standard than 3 years ago.

Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Bo’ness all promoted and their stadiums improved beyond comprehension 3 years ago. The rest of us, trying 5o emulate these clubs, knowing it will be years, if at all, before we get promoted, but it is great clubs,think it’s worth the risk!

What is your answer with this one - as tiers 1-4 did not play fair with us, do you think it is best to go back cap in hand to the Juniors and say, sorry guys, we made a mistake and we want back in? Regressive to say the least!

This has been utter shit for clubs at our level and below. But frankly it is shit all around, but you either sit down and do f-all, or since the season has begun, make the best of it! I thought clubs had a chance after a period of time, once season had started, to assess their position and see if they were right in what they did, or pull out. Is this not the case?

Spot on and considering you were part of the shielding community fair play to you to embrace the situation 

Can't take much issue with much of this. Plenty perfectly valid points.

However I personally still can't see any value in a decision that to me was puerly based on a desire to see football return and no real thought on the bigger picture.

Yes, we all want football back as before. For me the emphasis is on 'as before.'

For me personally we are well short of being there. The lack of facilities (washing especially)will be more problematic than ever as winter kicks in.

The bigger picture in Scotland is not getting better. Maybe that's where the focus needs to be.

Good post. On your final point, there is a general meeting of clubs a week on Thursday, and I'm guessing the hot topics will be the season so far, fans, money, and future.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:
3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Good post. On your final point, there is a general meeting of clubs a week on Thursday, and I'm guessing the hot topics will be the season so far, fans, money, and future.

Cheers Burnie and I wss not aware of the meeting you mention! Look forward to finding out the outcome.