Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Refused to accept half wages until crowds are allowed back. Can see why the club want to do it but also see why some players did not want to accept.

I'm surprised that such things weren't agreed from the off.

As a big gamble to sign 23 players without a degree of certainty going forwards.

From the games I've watched - Courts didn't look that great.

Scullion was crap last season so him leaving is a huge bonus.

Dickson not seen enough to make a valid opinion on.

But would rather have players who want to be here not just for the money

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I'm surprised that such things weren't agreed from the off.

As a big gamble to sign 23 players without a degree of certainty going forwards.

From the games I've watched - Courts didn't look that great.

Scullion was crap last season so him leaving is a huge bonus.

Dickson not seen enough to make a valid opinion on.

But would rather have players who want to be here not just for the money

A few players -depending on other circumstances - might need the money. If they can get more elsewhere I wouldnt blame them.

52 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:
2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:
A few players -depending on other circumstances - might need the money. If they can get more elsewhere I wouldnt blame them.

True, but can't see many other clubs being awash with cash either.

Could be doing overtime at work. Which they didn't do before. Because they got enough getting a wage from football as a top up. And I'm sure the garage they buy fuel from won't give them a discount, because they took a pay cut. 

7 hours ago, the tin man said:

Not sure of what to make o this. Is poor of the rose to be handing out these contracts without clauses for the pandemic but on the other hand surely the players couldve ave come n went a bit wi the percentage o loss

No idea the specifics of any of their contracts, but if they’re in the 2nd year of a 2 year deal, the pandemic wouldn’t have even been a thing when they signed so it’d be highly unlikely they’d have pandemic clauses in their contract. 

No idea the specifics of any of their contracts, but if they’re in the 2nd year of a 2 year deal, the pandemic wouldn’t have even been a thing when they signed so it’d be highly unlikely they’d have pandemic clauses in their contract. 
Is court no a new signing

14 minutes ago, the tin man said:
24 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Is court no a new signing

No idea, was just giving an example of circumstance re contracts. 

Read about a lower league player in England who came in for a lot of criticism for refusing to accept reduced wages, much the same as the Rose players who’ve left. However it turned out that guy’s full time job was something that paid minimum wage and the cost of travelling to play for his side was unsustainable on reduced terms. 

It will differ for every player/contract scenario though. You’ll have mercenaries and you’ll have some with no choice.

I wouldn't judge the decisions anyone makes at a time like this based on knowing nothing about their circumstances at all. If any players can't afford to take reduced or zero pay then that's fair enough and good luck to them in future.

I'm not sad to see Scullion leave, I thought he was a liability and his determination to attempt Hollywood passes instead of rolling it to a much more capable midfielder was infuriating. But he never shirked, went hiding or gave less than he could so I hope it works out for him elsewhere.

I don’t blame players for leaving. Court for example is a personal trainer. He clearly could do his day job for a couple more nights a week and on a Saturday and get a better deal for it.

That said I’m not sad to see any of them go. Harsh on Dickson as he hasn’t played and on paper looked good but this is strange times. We need players there for the jersey.

The hard part is it’s hard to see an end to this to even reward players loyalty with certainty. 

I don’t blame players for leaving. Court for example is a personal trainer. He clearly could do his day job for a couple more nights a week and on a Saturday and get a better deal for it.
That said I’m not sad to see any of them go. Harsh on Dickson as he hasn’t played and on paper looked good but this is strange times. We need players there for the jersey.
The hard part is it’s hard to see an end to this to even reward players loyalty with certainty. 

Maybe the real question should be was running a league at this level and time a viable option.

We ended previous leagues early and started the new league at a time when restrictions were unlikely to change as cases were on the rise.

It seems that from top to bottom decisions have been rushed through rather than thought through.

I don't mind being open about this as I of course voted on behalf of club.
In my opinion we should not have started without fans and we should not have started without players being able to firstly access dressing rooms and also to shower.
At Prestonfield we can at least access the dressing rooms but many clubs can't and players changing in an enclosure is just not right.  Never mind the fact they're going home filthy and wet.
Unfortunately a vote was held on starting season and the majority of clubs wanted to go ahead.  Maybe because they don't have the same overheads as we do so income from gates doesn't matter as much for them.
Irrespective of money though we shouldn't have started without fans, football without fans is nothing.  It's souless and sad.
I don't believe the season will finish but until then we have to get on with it and of  course the continued expenditure without matchday income.

Didn't the survey from clubs return a 50/50 split on whether to start without dressing rooms or not? It was upto the board to make the final decision and I understand the reasons given by them for doing so.

We have a huge spectrum of clubs in the EoS some clubs don't rely so much on gate income, some do, some wanted to give it a go, some didn't.

There's no right or wrong answer, although personally I think it was the right decision to start and give it a chance. I understand why others disagree.

The important thing now is to get every club over the line as far as dressing room access is concerned, especially with shuttling now allowed, and then some further clarity on Govt funding whilst fans aren't allowed. If there is no prospect of funding then there's a decision to be made as I can't see the central belt being in Level 1 this year, meaning no fans.

Didn't the survey from clubs return a 50/50 split on whether to start without dressing rooms or not? It was upto the board to make the final decision and I understand the reasons given by them for doing so.

We have a huge spectrum of clubs in the EoS some clubs don't rely so much on gate income, some do, some wanted to give it a go, some didn't.

There's no right or wrong answer, although personally I think it was the right decision to start and give it a chance. I understand why others disagree.

The important thing now is to get every club over the line as far as dressing room access is concerned, especially with shuttling now allowed, and then some further clarity on Govt funding whilst fans aren't allowed. If there is no prospect of funding then there's a decision to be made as I can't see the central belt being in Level 1 this year, meaning no fans.
Maybe the WoS had the right idea and allowing teams to opt out.

Agree with Tynierose, without the basics and supporters it's pointless.

Even more so when you move into winter and associated dangers to health that not having proper facilities will bring. Players will start to question the value of playing over their health and safety.

changing Rooms - check

showers - most of spfl can’t provide yet, will come though, sports Scotland say you can sfa not yet.

fans - at tier 1 - not there yet but tonight at Ross county a big step forward, now we need to push for that at tier 2 

funding - by all accounts being worked on

covid not going any place any time soon, time to adapt. 

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Maybe the WoS had the right idea and allowing teams to opt out.

A majoirty of clubs had that option with no real punishment other than starting 2021-22 in the Second Division. Look at how Eyemouth United took a non-playing membership with no other punishment than knowing they'd start at the bottom.

For a Premier Division side that might be seen as too steep a drop to consider. It was an option though.

On 03/11/2020 at 16:48, GordonS said:

I wouldn't judge the decisions anyone makes at a time like this based on knowing nothing about their circumstances at all. If any players can't afford to take reduced or zero pay then that's fair enough and good luck to them in future.

I'm not sad to see Scullion leave, I thought he was a liability and his determination to attempt Hollywood passes instead of rolling it to a much more capable midfielder was infuriating. But he never shirked, went hiding or gave less than he could so I hope it works out for him elsewhere.

Also not sad to see Scullion leave good luck pal

A majoirty of clubs had that option with no real punishment other than starting 2021-22 in the Second Division. Look at how Eyemouth United took a non-playing membership with no other punishment than knowing they'd start at the bottom.
For a Premier Division side that might be seen as too steep a drop to consider. It was an option though.
I thought the WoS opt out gave clubs status quo for next season?

So the EoS option was different?

What's seems certain the decision to play is appealing to some and financial armageddon for others.

14 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Maybe because they don't have the same overheads as we do so income from gates doesn't matter as much for them.

WW might no be as big a club as Lithgow but the small number who do turn up are vital to the club be it just watching the game,buying refreshments or having a few pints in the social club so I'd say it matters a lot to a club of ww size.