Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

I did some shopping in Cameron Toll at lunchtime and noticed there was an amateur game (one of Edinburgh South's teams presumably) on in the neighbouring Inch Park.
I was half tempted, because as far as I know there is no law to stop one standing in a public park for 90 minutes, to watch the game. 
I can't see how that is any different from standing in Prestonfield, observing social distancing, and watching a game there.
Whilst there is no law against standing in a public park to watch, the SFA instruction/guidance is that no one other than 4 officials from each team should be near the pitch. This must include a first aider and covid officer.

If there are people stopping to watch then it is unfortunately the covid officers duty to ask them to move on. This is the hard bit as a) the officer may not want to cause conflict by approaching and asking them to move on and b) it takes the recipient of the instruction to actually follow the rules. Something which unfortunately I have seen ignored at kids football level as parents seem to think it's all about them getting to watch rather than actually letting their kids play footy.

I would say tho that my own squads parents have been excellent but that's not being followed which is just going to lead to the closing of kids sport again.

Fair enough but I wonder what constitutes as "near" the pitch.

Ab reductio ad absurdium  If I was sitting in the park on a bench 10 metres away from a pitch and reading a newspaper with holes cut out of it like in spy movies could I watch a game? :lol:

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

Fair enough. They still employ a lot of full-time staff and those who depend on it for their livelihoods, which is almost non-existent in non-league football. I think scale makes a huge difference but that's my opinion.

If you're asking what I want, I'd say shut the pubs (and funfairs, restaurants etc). There's no chance I would go to one right now. 34 new deaths across the UK today, 714 new positives in Scotland (up 156 on Friday) and West Lothian has above average rates, 10th in Scotland, at 75 new cases. Two weeks from now it'll be at least double. 

Anyway, I'm not persuading anyone so I'll shut up. Anybody know what's happening with season tickets? They said they'd go on sale on Thursday but I haven't heard anything since and they're not on Fanbase. 

Same crowd of folk been going to the rose club on a Saturday. Glad to announce no covid outbreak. Or notifications on protect scot track app yet. 

30 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Ab reductio ad absurdium  If I was sitting in the park on a bench 10 metres away from a pitch and reading a newspaper with holes cut out of it like in spy movies could I watch a game? :lol:

4 metres I think is the guidance. It means that playing fields which are side by side are an issue. 

4 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

They are on fan base Gordon. But not straight forward to find as it goes to the crossfires game.

once logged in tap on the bottom of the screen and it comes up with some yellow icons. One is ST 👌 

Ah, found it, thanks👍

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Ah, found it, thanks👍

Will feed back to Fanbase guys, thanks for pointing this out. 

We took a brief pull on sale of manual season tickets after having to cancel the match yesterday. Much more straightforward to refund tickets bought online so we've left that up. 

Ab reductio ad absurdium  If I was sitting in the park on a bench 10 metres away from a pitch and reading a newspaper with holes cut out of it like in spy movies could I watch a game? [emoji38]
Then you're a sneaky chap lol.

There's been a lot of dog walking done too.... but as we have tried to convey it's either your kids enjoyment you put first or your own selfishness...

Meikle and Slavin return on loan from Hamilton.
Surprised at this as wasn't overly impressed with either last season. Albeit both were young and inexperienced

Hopefully the experience of last season and a year older will change my view.

Just now, Auld Heid said:

Surprised at this as wasn't overly impressed with either last season. Albeit both were young and inexperienced

Especially when an experienced player asked to come back. And was told he wasn't needed. 

Meikel looked a player, Slaven didn’t impress at all

Ah, no mention here or on Twitter, so I missed it. 
I only picked it up by accident when I was on FB.

Not sure it was advertised in advance - as possibly being trialled first?

It was certainly great to watch a Rose game again. Lots of new faces to get use to also....!!!!