Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

On 24/09/2020 at 19:37, Tutankhamen said:

Football is worth a couple of billion to the Scottish economy from the top of the tree to the office 5 a side team.

The office 5-a-side team can play. Goals and World of Football and all the rest are open. You can book 11-a-side pitches with Edinburgh Leisure or all over the country.

The Premiership accounts for the vast bulk of the revenue in the organised game, and it's still being played. 

From the middle of tier 3 down, no players are full time. Some of the clubs have full-time staff, but I think the number must be incredibly small outside the SPFL, if there are any at all. 

The really tough bit is the full time clubs outside the Premiership, that's where the biggest risk and hardship falls. They need help.

It looks to me that a bail-out to allow clubs below the Premiership to be mothballed shouldn't be too expensive, and the Premiership could be asked to make a contribution in proportion to their income. That would be my preference, because the NHS always struggles in the winter these days and I'm shitting myself that they'll have to deal with a repeat of the spring on top of that.

16 hours ago, Black Dug said:

I would be willing to bet that football (even if you were to only take the non-league element) is worth more to the economy and provides some income to more people than travelling funfairs.
However, for me its the inconsistencies of the rules which is calling into question the creditability of those setting the rules. In what way is standing watching Stock Cars less risky than standing watching a game of football?

As far as a I know the people who work in funfairs are all full-time. That's the big difference - not what it costs to the economy, but what it costs to the individuals. The Job Retention Scheme isn't generous enough and the Scottish Government don't have the means to top it up for all the sectors they clearly want to close.

Stock cars, I'll definitely give you that one. I don't know that world, I thought it was pretty much a hobby.

I'm not arguing black & white here, btw. I wouldn't go to a funfair or take my kids to one just now. I wouldn't go to a pub. I've been out for a meal three times in the past 6 months, all of those when the virus was all-but gone. At every stage both the UK and Scottish Governments have been a bit to cavalier at the critical periods and that's why we have, and had, the worst virus and death rates among the countries that didn't get it in the first wave. 

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

More people die of the flu than they do with this. If u dont want to go to games dont go. Noone is forcing you. If players dont want to play they don't need too simple as that 

This is utterly wrong and you surely must know that by now.

The UK typically has about 20,000 flu deaths per year. That's without any lockdown, distancing, hygiene, masks etc. If we had treated coronavirus the same way all the medical advice is that it would have killed half a million.

Globally, about 300,000 to 650,000 die of the flu each year. We've already had nearly a million die of coronavirus despite a lockdown without precedent in the history of the world, and it's far from done yet.

The reason people can't be left to make their own choices on this is because those who choose to take risks will cause it to spread and will cause deaths and serious illnesses.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

The UK typically has about 20,000 flu deaths per year. That's without any lockdown, distancing, hygiene, masks etc. If we had treated coronavirus the same way all the medical advice is that it would have killed half a million.

Globally, about 300,000 to 650,000 die of the flu each year. We've already had nearly a million die of coronavirus despite a lockdown without precedent in the history of the world, and it's far from done yet.

The reason people can't be left to make their own choices on this is because those who choose to take risks will cause it to spread and will cause deaths and serious illnesses.

To be honest I disagree as to begin  with their was people they were saying were dieing with it that didnt because they didnt even know. Many of them had health conditions aswell.

You might still be a big feirty but I was in the supermarket when they were all piling in and  none of us got it. 12 cases in forth valley yesterday I bet more folk had the shits. People get positive tests even if the bug is dead Inside u

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

The UK typically has about 20,000 flu deaths per year. That's without any lockdown, distancing, hygiene, masks etc. If we had treated coronavirus the same way all the medical advice is that it would have killed half a million...

The assumptions on which that sort of number were based are now out of date. Nowhere in the world that is reaching herd immunity levels of infection because of there having been no effective mitigation is reporting anything even close to a 1% overall fatality rate in population terms. Estimates on fatality rates have generally been scaled back by about an order of magnitude on that basis.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

40 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Amusing to see the wee Rose trying to gain some relevance by posting some nonsense on twitter to get the " get the fitba back " brigade onside. It might stop Tynierose having his weekly meltdown on the main covid thread about not getting to see any football .

Why shouldnt they? I dont like the rose but fully agree on what they are trying to do. Camelon have a telephone appointment with Michael Matheson next week 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Amusing to see the wee Rose trying to gain some relevance by posting some nonsense on twitter to get the " get the fitba back " brigade onside. It might stop Tynierose having his weekly meltdown on the main covid thread about not getting to see any football .

Right, and if more clubs at all levels take the same approach and work together to implement the necessary measures and protocols then we might just stand a chance of those in power taking notice and doing something that lets fans back. The problem so far is that the odd club here and there venting their frustrations isn’t enough. We need all clubs singing from the same hymn-sheet and singing at the same time. As things stand, some clubs aren’t helping themselves or football on the whole by just rolling with whatever rules or restrictions are enforced and the Scottish government will be more than happy to sit back and let the odd club here and there have a wee moan. If clubs work together to produce a clear working plan to get fans back in, go public with their  proposals and generally make a lot of noise together, then the clubs and football fans across the country just might leave the government without a leg to stand on.

You have to also factor in that those making the decisions are politicians at the end of the day and despite even their sincerest coronavirus concerns, you know in the back of their minds they’ll always be conscious of public opinion in respect of the next elections, their party reputation and their own political standing. There’s also the plain old human ego aspect which is as rife as covid amongst politicians, and if clubs can present a foolproof plan together, we might just get lucky that one politician or party takes it upon themselves to play the hero and leave those saying “No fans allowed” without a valid case to say “No”.

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

I'm not sure why you continue to exist.  If your patter was half way decent that would be a redeeming feature. Have a day off ffs.

Ooft the actual state off that. Its hardly Oscar Wilde standard either. If you have any problems with my posts  you can always report me to a mod or put me on ignore. Otherwise just do one. 
Away and lick nettles you absolute BELLEND.

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Ooft the actual state off that. Its hardly Oscar Wilde standard either. If you have any problems with my posts  you can always report me to a mod or put me on ignore. Otherwise just do one. 

Gogsy, I have no issue with you or your posts 99.9% of the time but you’re being a total bell-piece here. I’m not looking for an argument of any sort but I’m just struggling to see why as a football fan you’re having a dig at Linlithgow stepping up and trying to get football back. 

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Easy answer is because tweets like that aren't going to influence any decision makers into "getting football back" It's meaningless posturing. 

Or it might get the ball rolling and other clubs to step up and work together.

51 minutes ago, Burmah Oil said:

GordonS your facts about bars being different because people work full time:- no chance most bar staff are full time. Heaps of students, second jobs, part timers. Government gave compo to festivals, music, art:- no chance most of them full time. Should be no descriminating any how. Work is work.

I was going to make this point on a different thread because some uneducated clown was trying to make a case for that pubs get to stay open as to they’d go bust without customers.  

I did some shopping in Cameron Toll at lunchtime and noticed there was an amateur game (one of Edinburgh South's teams presumably) on in the neighbouring Inch Park.

I was half tempted, because as far as I know there is no law to stop one standing in a public park for 90 minutes, to watch the game. 

I can't see how that is any different from standing in Prestonfield, observing social distancing, and watching a game there.

12 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

GordonS your facts about bars being different because people work full time:- no chance most bar staff are full time. Heaps of students, second jobs, part timers. Government gave compo to festivals, music, art:- no chance most of them full time. Should be no descriminating any how. Work is work.

Fair enough. They still employ a lot of full-time staff and those who depend on it for their livelihoods, which is almost non-existent in non-league football. I think scale makes a huge difference but that's my opinion.

If you're asking what I want, I'd say shut the pubs (and funfairs, restaurants etc). There's no chance I would go to one right now. 34 new deaths across the UK today, 714 new positives in Scotland (up 156 on Friday) and West Lothian has above average rates, 10th in Scotland, at 75 new cases. Two weeks from now it'll be at least double. 

Anyway, I'm not persuading anyone so I'll shut up. Anybody know what's happening with season tickets? They said they'd go on sale on Thursday but I haven't heard anything since and they're not on Fanbase. 

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Fair enough. They still employ a lot of full-time staff and those who depend on it for their livelihoods, which is almost non-existent in non-league football. I think scale makes a huge difference but that's my opinion.

If you're asking what I want, I'd say shut the pubs (and funfairs, restaurants etc). There's no chance I would go to one right now. 34 new deaths across the UK today, 714 new positives in Scotland (up 156 on Friday) and West Lothian has above average rates, 10th in Scotland, at 75 new cases. Two weeks from now it'll be at least double. 

Anyway, I'm not persuading anyone so I'll shut up. Anybody know what's happening with season tickets? They said they'd go on sale on Thursday but I haven't heard anything since and they're not on Fanbase. 

Word in the club yesterday. Season ticket announcement. In a couple of days. Think that was put out on the 25th.