Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

"Expecting a good season"......the standard mantra of 99% of Fitbaw fans ahead of a new season.......and then reality kicks in and the performances and results disappoint. Such is the life of the Fitbaw fan. But we wouldn't have it any other way.

21 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

emoji404.png We are delighted to announce the signing of Dean Cairns on a two year deal.

Dean is a 22 year old defensive midfielder, who joins us from East Kilbride while previously having made over 50 appearances in all competitions for Airdrie by the time he turned 21.

Welcome to the Rose, Dean!

Best of luck to big Deano! A really committed player who gives his all. Fights for every ball, committed in the tackle and decent in the air. Better on the ball that he gets credit for too. I noticed the tweet emphasised he's a defensive midfielder. That's where he ended up playing for us but he started off as a centre-half and I think that might be his best position or develops into his best position. Hope he does well. Same goes for David Brownlie. Always thought he looked solid enough in League 1. 

On 11/07/2020 at 14:33, Deanburn Dave said:

"Expecting a good season"......the standard mantra of 99% of Fitbaw fans ahead of a new season.......and then reality kicks in and the performances and results disappoint. Such is the life of the Fitbaw fan. But we wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah, that's why I reserve judgement until I see them play competitively. Last season I knew we were in trouble right from that first game away at Blackburn. The signings do look positive, they're in the right positions and seem to be the right type of player. But it's a lot of changes and we'll just need to see how they bed in. 

The guys we have signed have League experience and a few medals in their pockets.

Brownlie: 80 senior apps. 

Stevenson: L2 Winner, 2 x LL Winner

Dickson: 290 senior apps. League 1 Playoffs in 2019. 

Willis: 260 senior apps. L2 Winner. 

Cairns: 51 seniors apps and only 22.

For me we are signing a higher calibre of player than being released and I’m quite excited by that and expect the performance level to be quite a bit higher than last season. 

49 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

The guys we have signed have League experience and a few medals in their pockets.

Brownlie: 80 senior apps. 

Stevenson: L2 Winner, 2 x LL Winner

Dickson: 290 senior apps. League 1 Playoffs in 2019. 

Willis: 260 senior apps. L2 Winner. 

Cairns: 51 seniors apps and only 22.

For me we are signing a higher calibre of player than being released and I’m quite excited by that and expect the performance level to be quite a bit higher than last season. 

Yous have been here before. Look at scullion worst player I've seen at this level

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Cairns, Brownlie and Stevenson were part of an East Kilbride team that finished 7th last season , 31 points behind the league winners, Willis recent clubs , signed for East Fife May 17 where he failed to make any impact and was released . Next club was Berwick , everybody knows what a shambles the Berwick Rangers team was 2018/19 season, released in January. Went to Peterhead started one league game then released again. Stirling Albion next, didn't even start half the league games for a club that was 32 points of the top of the league.

Dickson league 1 playoffs 2019 Is that supposed to be a positive? Stenhousemuir finished second bottom of the league only a point above a godawful Brechin side , They then lost home and away to Annan Athletic in the playoff semi final.

All examples of competing at a level higher than we are which was my point.

IMO we have the right management team in place and  the lads that have come in are of a better quality than the ones that have been let go. Hopefully a striker and a goalkeeper to come and for the first time in a few year we have every reason to look forward to the coming season. 

^^Here is a grinderbrokeyourhearts quote from this time last year describing Scullion. I cant be bothered quoting his other one from a few weeks later, Auld Heid's post where he posted this was a belter "Looked decent on Wednesday and very much in the mould of what we have been lacking.  Used his experience well and I was content with what I saw"
What a sad life you must have to be the most boring toll on P&B..!!

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:
1 hour ago, gogsy said:
^^Here is a grinderbrokeyourhearts quote from this time last year describing Scullion. I cant be bothered quoting his other one from a few weeks later, Auld Heid's post where he posted this was a belter "Looked decent on Wednesday and very much in the mould of what we have been lacking.  Used his experience well and I was content with what I saw"

What a sad life you must have to be the most boring toll on P&B..!!

To be fair to @gogsy he has some competition because you spent most of last season (in which Bo’ness were crowned champions) on our thread talking about our pitch 😄 

To be fair to [mention=10145]gogsy[/mention] he has some competition because you spent most of last season (in which Bo’ness were crowned champions) on our thread talking about our communities pitch [emoji1] 

Sorted that for you before Auld Heid did

Ah here comes sponsorshaddie, the poster who would go on the fifefootball forum saying how he was looking forward to Linlithgow Rose playing Fife teams, "great wee team Kelty, blah blah, good games between the two teams blah blah" then would come on this forum and say the exact opposite.
"Tedious little s**t

How many years have you been stalking me for? I don’t think I’ve ever said anything positive about kelty anywhere. Can’t stand the team and the place is a dump.

My irony meter broke there with your last comment. Thought we would be lucky enough to get shot of your drivel on here when your bumchum left

The fact we both post on this forum  and the fact I remember you posting on another forum does not equal stalking you muppet.
Wee bit of casual homophobia there as well, that's classy.
Five minutes it took me to do a search , you joined the fifefootballforum March 08 by the time you started the thread below you already had p***** off half the Fife Junior teams even admitting you were trolling at the time.
http://fifefootball.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/20298-another-banjo-playing-team-gets-pumped-from-the-super-leage/&tab=comments#comment-116571

So at least 12 years then

Not really sure what the point of the above is? Go fishing, get a load of bites. And the relevance of that to you hanging around on here like a bad smell?

On 15/07/2020 at 16:22, gogsy said:

^^Grinderbrokeyourhearts quote from this year

Top research Gogs.  

I stand by that comment. Scullion started preseason really well for us then the season and team fell apart. His confidence was shot and went from a ball winner and keeping it simple to trying and failing World Cup balls.

I'm not going to use Scullion as a scapegoat for finishing 10th (albeit with games in hand) there were many more poor players in that team which is why we are where we are.

He had a decent career and is 34 years old so its easy to criticise when his legs have gone.

For me the new signings are all of an age they will be in their pomp and all I’m saying is on paper much higher standard than we’ve been taking on the last few years. None of the players who have left have gone upwards, and we are signing players from above us. I’m happy with that as we were gash last year.

We've benefited from the cash injection at EK and time will tell but I fancy us for the league.

EK and Kelty rumoured to be ploughing in £500k each of you believe the phone ins. That’s about 5 or 6 times higher than I’d imagine others have so would expect them to be at the top of the LL next year by a distance.