Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Technically the first derby at Prestonfield  would have been the one in August 1949, would I be right in saying Bo''ness won that one?

You are indeed.  4-0 on 20/8/1945

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Is that good news for Lithgae fans ?

IMO both the Smiths are fillers - fine having one or two in the starting line-up, but you can't be relying on them to have an impact on a game at the business end of the EoS. He's got tidy feet and is an honest player, I hope he does well. 

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Is that good news for Lithgae fans ?

I like the look of him at the start. If you can set up a defence to let him play he will create and score goals imo.

We were just that bad we couldn’t afford to have a player like that in midfield this season.

lightweight but no doubting his ability. 

best of luck for the future Dan.

5 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I like the look of him at the start. If you can set up a defence to let him play he will create and score goals imo.

We were just that bad we couldn’t afford to have a player like that in midfield this season.

Ogrady will make a difference at the back. Cant  believe kept a hold of scullion though

I'm not sure we saw the best of many of our players last year.

To many injuries - we seldom seen the same team twice. It's hard to build a team without consistency.

Some of the new players have looked ok - but we are still miles from being a competitive team. Hopefully that comes with a settled team.

SIGNING NEWS!!

We're delighted to welcome Scott Stevenson to Linlithgow Rose.

Scott, who is 24 and a right sided full back, joins us from East Kilbride where he won 2 Lowland League titles.

Welcome to the Rose, Scott!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lads, just dropping in to let you know that I have just finished up a brand new Scottish football magazine that combines football with music. One of our first issue features, singer Ross Carter, is a Linlithgow fan and he talks about going to watch The Rose in his formative years - it really shows the community within your club. There is a lot more in our first issue too. If you'd be interested in a copy, here is our kickstarter: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

A great article - well done Darren that takes real guts.

Mental health is something that can affect us all - often talking about it is a major first step.

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/international/linlithgow-rose-boss-brown-ferguson-praises-brave-darren-smith-revealing-mental-torment-2867562

It's where you need to improve. U got the right back from ek and brownlee and Jamie ogrady aswell. What's your left back options like

Stevenson, Thom, nimmo, Allison and scullion currently at the club. Allison looked decent at left back when he came in. Darren smith can provide some cover at right back and I believe hare has covered left back in the past

42 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Stevenson, Thom, nimmo, Allison and scullion currently at the club. Allison looked decent at left back when he came in. Darren smith can provide some cover at right back and I believe hare has covered left back in the past

Aye forgot about liam hes decent 

Scullion will likely move into a sitting midfield role.

Or potentially looks the odd one out for selection.

The most obvious requirement would be a keeper as we only have Wilson, now McKinven has moved to Glenafton.