Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, Legless said:

His point on players not signing for Linlithgow and why.

You mean this bit, where he doesn't actually say anything?

"You have a reputation, no one wants to play there anymore..."

Funny, it's not a reputation that put off Nimmo, Meikle, Slaven, McGowan, Allison, Scullion, Hare or Allum, all of whom signed this season.

You can't really think he said anything there, can you?

You mean this bit, where he doesn't actually say anything?

"You have a reputation, no one wants to play there anymore..."

Funny, it's not a reputation that put off Nimmo, Meikle, Slaven, McGowan, Allison, Scullion, Hare or Allum, all of whom signed this season.

You can't really think he said anything there, can you?

Were these first choices 🤫

You’re never going to accept that perhaps Mr Adams knows something from players both within and externally from Linlithgow, that is very difficult for Linlithgow fans to swallow.

Just bear in mind the consequences of berating your players not on line and at games.

I have been to around 1000 Rose games and I can only think of 3 players I have heard get stick from fans at a game. Ally Adams is one of them. Wonder why that was ?

Like he said, he would walk into your current team with arms bound behind his back.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I have been to around 1000 Rose games and I can only think of 3 players I have heard get stick from fans at a game. Ally Adams is one of them. Wonder why that was ?

To be honest Fuzzy the 64K$ question is why did they sign him? He had a bit of a reputation before he arrived and any player who warms up in bare feet is a bit crazy.

To be honest Fuzzy the 64K$ question is why did they sign him? He had a bit of a reputation before he arrived and any player who warms up in bare feet is a bit crazy.
He is a decent keeper but not as good as he thinks he is. Warming up in flip flops and threatening a teenage boy just for filming a game where he made a howler shows he has issues and his opinion should be treated with a pinch of salt.

He is a decent keeper but not as good as he thinks he is. Warming up in flip flops and threatening a teenage boy just for filming a game where he made a howler shows he has issues and his opinion should be treated with a pinch of salt.

Bury your head in the sand to what he has said. Has Scullion threatened anyone, yet he has had dogs abuse on here?

Players read this and it will affect confidence, alongside other players who maybe targets of your club and will think twice when they see how current players are berated by supporters.

53 minutes ago, Legless said:

Bury your head in the sand to what he has said. Has Scullion threatened anyone, yet he has had dogs abuse on here?

Players read this and it will affect confidence, alongside other players who maybe targets of your club and will think twice when they see how current players are berated by supporters.

Take it players who sign for boness can neither read. Or come on here. Or are you saying no player who ever played for boness has been sagged on here? 

Take it players who sign for boness can neither read. Or come on here. Or are you saying no player who ever played for boness has been sagged on here? 

Who said that, oh that would be you? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

5 hours ago, Legless said:

Were these first choices 🤫

You’re never going to accept that perhaps Mr Adams knows something from players both within and externally from Linlithgow, that is very difficult for Linlithgow fans to swallow.

Just bear in mind the consequences of berating your players not on line and at games.

I don't know if they were first choices. You don't know if they were first choices. He doesn't know if they were first choices. So it's really irrelevant. Two came from league clubs and one came from a higher-placed competitor in the league, so I think the claim "nobody want to join yooz" is obvious bollocks.

Players don't get criticised at games. The one exception to that was Scullion at Bo'ness, which he richly deserved for thinking he's Paulo Maldini.

None of criticism I've seen of players online has gone beyond the obvious and everyday level, and is no different from other clubs that are underachieving. The idea guys are thinking "well I would like to join Linlithgow Rose, but I don't think I could handle the slagging on Pie and Bovril" is pretty risible.

This is all pish over nothing.

If players dont like criticism on social media they should not go on it. This is a far better place for fans to voice their opinions of players than at a game.

If players dont like criticism on social media they should not go on it. This is a far better place for fans to voice their opinions of players than at a game.

Is it though? From a players perspective you could probably brush off shouts at a game as a heat-of-the-moment reaction. Here seems a lot more snidey when there’s a bunch anonymous folk getting absolutely torn in with a fair bit gusto.

Loving having him at Tranent great keeper and so what if he’s “different” as long as he keeps the ball out the net that ll do for us !!

All this criticism didn't put legless of touting his laddie to Linlithgow.