Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

I thought we played reasonably well. Created enough chances to win 3 games but wanted to walk the ball in!
Big centre half played well. Thought Slaven was poor though.

Ally Adams is still a clown but he had a great game. Without a doubt he was man of the match.

A clown that stops ur team from scoring though eh. Great keeper [emoji1319]

I’d say 3/4 of the new signings are an improvement of what was inherited with another still to impress. So Brown has a stronger squad. Some how he has managed to win less games with the supposed stronger squad than the previous manager.

I’d have thought after 3 months in there would have been a change/improvement on the park but I’m yet to see it.
It's well referenced that Brown Ferguson requires time. But I agree that there also needs to be signs that we are progressing and that comes from improving performances = results.

Allison, McGowan and Nimmo all look an improvement and hopefully together they will improve us defensively.

Hare came with a reputation as a left sided player - yet we seem to be playing him on the right?

If you add Rooster (new contract)that is almost half your team that are now Brown's choices.

Today we created the chances and were met by a keeper on the top of his game - that can happen.

Nimmo looks decent, he and McGowan could be a good partnership. Allison looks good enough and Thom is reliable and capable. I like Meikle, great to see Roddy back, Ruari's a very good 10 (though I feel he could contribute more). Happy with Gray and Hutchison.

Beyond that there are varying degrees of causes for worry. TC knows exactly where to be and is ice cool in the box, if those chances in the first half had fallen to him he'd likely have put a couple away. But he's not getting any younger. Same is true of Coco. Allum looks like he should score more goals than he does and Ronald has yet to show the form of his first season. 

Other than those, I don't think any of them are up to the level required to win the EoS, and some of them are relegation standard. 

The biggest concern for me now is the lack of intensity. We didn't have much of it before Barbour left, but it's slipped further now. They don't earn the right to play, there's very little physicality middle to front. I don't want a team of hammer-throwers, but you can't have a soft centre at any level in Scottish football.

We deserved more from today's game, but equally, it was no smash-and-grab. We're a mid-table team just now.

On to Sauchie... 

Nimmo looks decent, he and McGowan could be a good partnership. Allison looks good enough and Thom is reliable and capable. I like Meikle, great to see Roddy back, Ruari's a very good 10 (though I feel he could contribute more). Happy with Gray and Hutchison.
Beyond that there are varying degrees of causes for worry. TC knows exactly where to be and is ice cool in the box, if those chances in the first half had fallen to him he'd likely have put a couple away. But he's not getting any younger. Same is true of Coco. Allum looks like he should score more goals than he does and Ronald has yet to show the form of his first season. 
Other than those, I don't think any of them are up to the level required to win the EoS, and some of them are relegation standard. 
The biggest concern for me now is the lack of intensity. We didn't have much of it before Barbour left, but it's slipped further now. They don't earn the right to play, there's very little physicality middle to front. I don't want a team of hammer-throwers, but you can't have a soft centre at any level in Scottish football.
We deserved more from today's game, but equally, it was no smash-and-grab. We're a mid-table team just now.
On to Sauchie... 
Hutchinson? What exactly is the story - is he injured or just not being quoted. He hasn't done that badly in the few games that he has played in.

Agree about TC and can only assume his cameo today was due to maybe carrying an injury. Allum didnt do enough for me today - he normally offers more

Hutchinson? What exactly is the story - is he injured or just not being quoted. He hasn't done that badly in the few games that he has played in.

Agree about TC and can only assume his cameo today was due to maybe carrying an injury. Allum didnt do enough for me today - he normally offers more

Heard Hutchinson is injured - double hernia

A lot about injuries etc was covered on Tuesday night. Talking yesterday about the turnout for the meet the manager night. Folk wondering if it could be a regular couple of month thing. Or if it will be once a season. (Another question that could have been asked on Tuesday.) 😜

And that is how to shut “clowns up”

Maybe if you Actually supported your team instead of slaughtering players at any oppurunity you’d be in a better position.

Hate to say I told u so [emoji6].
Still warming up with flip flops on ? [emoji23]

16 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Remember you were part of our decline.

Short-term stints at a number of clubs since - tell the real story.

Have your moment of glory and excellent performance today.

Unfortunately in years to come no one will remember either today's performance or Ally Adams.

The decline that saw Linlithgow within a game or 2 of winning the league, into the last 16 of the Scottish cup, going unbeaten at home?

The reality is, a section of you constantly look to blame other people without ever turning the mirror and looking at yourself.

You stand and crucify players and managers who are there, giving 100%. Support effort aswell as results.

Its a shame because there’s some very nice, hard working people at that club, but people like you bring the reputation of the whole place down.

You brought back Bradley, and absolutely slaughtered him. Given his previous achievements surely he had at least earned the curtesy of respect? 

Your right, in years time no one will remember me or today’s performance. The goal today was staying in touch with Boness, my personal performance was merely a bonus.

Your opinion of me is yours and your entitled to it. To be honest tho I’m probably walking into your team with ma hands cable tied behind my back, however I digress.

The reality you have to face now, is that Boness are no longer your biggest rivals, Camelon are, and it’s because of “supporters” like you.

You have a reputation, no one wants to play there anymore, and your best players who are holding it together for you are not getting any younger.

Id class those 5 players, Thom, Strickland, mcklennans and Coyne as irreplaceable. When they go then what?

No one will talk about ali adams in years to come; your right, but will they be talking about Linlithgow?

Keep clinging onto the past.

Years later your still saying the same shite, with the same solutions to the same problems you’ve had for years now, whilst everyone is overtaking you.

The problem, lies with you. Do the good people there a favour and delete these accounts, and stop slaughtering your own.

because they do read it, and it is demoralising, believe me I know.

And just for what it’s worth, some game eh Hahahaha fucking get it up ye man that’s not uncommon either I do that weekly. Take care 👍🏻

last post from me, account deleted. 

Big club no more.

theholygoalie

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

The plan going ahead will for it to be a regular event,  it won't be monthly but it will be something we do.  I think everyone found it useful the other night and its vital to engage with supporters.  

Thank f. Save 101 q&a's 😂

The decline that saw Linlithgow within a game or 2 of winning the league, into the last 16 of the Scottish cup, going unbeaten at home?
The reality is, a section of you constantly look to blame other people without ever turning the mirror and looking at yourself.
You stand and crucify players and managers who are there, giving 100%. Support effort aswell as results.
Its a shame because there’s some very nice, hard working people at that club, but people like you bring the reputation of the whole place down.
You brought back Bradley, and absolutely slaughtered him. Given his previous achievements surely he had at least earned the curtesy of respect? 
Your right, in years time no one will remember me or today’s performance. The goal today was staying in touch with Boness, my personal performance was merely a bonus.
Your opinion of me is yours and your entitled to it. To be honest tho I’m probably walking into your team with ma hands cable tied behind my back, however I digress.
The reality you have to face now, is that Boness are no longer your biggest rivals, Camelon are, and it’s because of “supporters” like you.
You have a reputation, no one wants to play there anymore, and your best players who are holding it together for you are not getting any younger.
Id class those 5 players, Thom, Strickland, mcklennans and Coyne as irreplaceable. When they go then what?
No one will talk about ali adams in years to come; your right, but will they be talking about Linlithgow?
Years later your still saying the same shite, with the same solutions to the same problems you’ve had for years now, whilst everyone is overtaking you.
The problem, lies with you. Do the good people there a favour and delete these accounts, and stop slaughtering your own.
And just for what it’s worth, some game eh Hahahaha fucking get it up ye man that’s not uncommon either I do that weekly. Take care [emoji1303]
Big club no more.
theholygoalie

A superb post and spot-on. Auld Heid is a sad, pathetic little troll, who’s not very good at it. My only surprise is that everyone at the Rose haven’t looked to distance themselves from his bile or had a word with him about his poisonous negativity.

And just for what it’s worth, some game eh Hahahaha fucking get it up ye man that’s not uncommon either I do that weekly. Take care [emoji1303]
Big club no more.
theholygoalie

One of the best posts in P&B history!

5 hours ago, theholygoalie said:

And just for what it’s worth, some game eh Hahahaha fucking get it up ye man that’s not uncommon either I do that weekly. Take care 👍🏻

Big club no more.

theholygoalie

Absolutely, 100% correct, Auld Heid,   Specky and others in the same mould , take note. This is exactly how the rest of the EOS and Junior  supporters see you egotistical,  halfwits who come on here spouting crap  thinking your amusing , you are , everybody’s laughing at you thank  goodness  that in the main , there are normal decent people supporting the rose, it’s them that’ll carry the team through not “ no users “ like you .

Big club no more.
theholygoalie

That’s what u call a Silencer 🤣