Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Tell me the positives?

I can think of a few tbh. We ought to have been further out of that game, yet we nearly snatched a draw away at the team that's now 10 points clear at the top of the league. There are enough good players in the squad to build a team around without having to go back to scratch. Broxburn away showed what's possible - to an extent, so did Stirling Uni in the Scottish Cup. Roddy's back, and his introduction transformed us going forward. At times today we were pretty good on the ground.

At the start of the season we were potentially only one good, well-organised centre half and a bit of work in training on defending away from being a competitive team. Last season Bradley realised that Thom & McKinlay wouldn't work, so he brought back Ovy, which, though he didn't have enough pace to cope against better sides like Beith, steadied the ship. Then this season he brought in Scullion which has failed; looking at his record I don't think any of us expected him to be so bad. He tried a few things to fix it, like putting Barbour back there, but that didn't work out either.

The worst thing about Bradley's departure was that we lost Barbour too, and with him some real leadership and assertiveness in the middle. Meikle's a decent defensive midfielder but Barbour offered more than that. 

The season is a write-off, which in an obtuse way is another positive - Ferguson has time to shape the team how he wants it. Nothing is expected of us until July. The rest of the season has to be about scouting and recruitment, tweaking the system and coaching. 

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

I can think of a few tbh. We ought to have been further out of that game, yet we nearly snatched a draw away at the team that's now 10 points clear at the top of the league. There are enough good players in the squad to build a team around without having to go back to scratch. Broxburn away showed what's possible - to an extent, so did Stirling Uni in the Scottish Cup. Roddy's back, and his introduction transformed us going forward. At times today we were pretty good on the ground.

At the start of the season we were potentially only one good, well-organised centre half and a bit of work in training on defending away from being a competitive team. Last season Bradley realised that Thom & McKinlay wouldn't work, so he brought back Ovy, which, though he didn't have enough pace to cope against better sides like Beith, steadied the ship. Then this season he brought in Scullion which has failed; looking at his record I don't think any of us expected him to be so bad. He tried a few things to fix it, like putting Barbour back there, but that didn't work out either.

The worst thing about Bradley's departure was that we lost Barbour too, and with him some real leadership and assertiveness in the middle. Meikle's a decent defensive midfielder but Barbour offered more than that. 

The season is a write-off, which in an obtuse way is another positive - Ferguson has time to shape the team how he wants it. Nothing is expected of us until July. The rest of the season has to be about scouting and recruitment, tweaking the system and coaching. 

Loan deals? 

On 05/01/2020 at 11:03, lithgierose said:

Loan deals? 

Specifically or in general? I like most of the players we've got on loan just now and there's always a place for talented but inexperienced guys, and older players who aren't getting a game at a higher level. It's risky and unstable though, the team needs to be built around a permanent core. 

The last time we played Bo'ness we were beaten 2-1 at home with a team that finished well in the league. At that time i'm sure Bo'ness were in the bottom half of the league, so since then I would have to say the team has gone backwards with some incredibly poor signings.

No use in pointing fingers but as i've said before this was not overnight. As for Saturday it was very much a game of two halves with the wind playing a factor. It is always a tough place to go and have witnessed better Linlithgow teams getting a bigger beating than what i saw on Saturday. My frustration is that i'd have hoped to see more notable signings made by now but also happy to wait and hope that the quality is better than what we have brought to the club over the past few seasons. HTG   

24 minutes ago, paul999 said:

The last time we played Bo'ness we were beaten 2-1 at home with a team that finished well in the league. At that time i'm sure Bo'ness were in the bottom half of the league, so since then I would have to say the team has gone backwards with some incredibly poor signings.

No use in pointing fingers but as i've said before this was not overnight. As for Saturday it was very much a game of two halves with the wind playing a factor. It is always a tough place to go and have witnessed better Linlithgow teams getting a bigger beating than what i saw on Saturday. My frustration is that i'd have hoped to see more notable signings made by now but also happy to wait and hope that the quality is better than what we have brought to the club over the past few seasons. HTG   

Quality signings means money

On 05/01/2020 at 10:59, Deanburn Dave said:

How many seasons does TC have left in him ?

Surprised him and Coco on from the start on Saturday, but has been said " all he can do is score goals"! I think he may become a super-sub, would have had the equaliser on Sat. if Allam hadn't tried to score himself when TC better placed.

From Facebook.

We are delighted to confirm the signing of centre half Daniel Nimmo from Dundonald Bluebell.

We have also secured Sean Slaven and Daryl Meikle until the end of the season on loan from Hamilton Academical.

----

Daniel is from Linlithgow originally and was out in America on a Soccer scholarship and was part of a very successful college team.

Known to Ferguson as spent time also at Stenny.

13 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

From Facebook.

We are delighted to confirm the signing of centre half Daniel Nimmo from Dundonald Bluebell.

We have also secured Sean Slaven and Daryl Meikle until the end of the season on loan from Hamilton Academical.

----

Daniel is from Linlithgow originally and was out in America on a Soccer scholarship and was part of a very successful college team.

Known to Ferguson as spent time also at Stenny.

That may well be the end for Scullion.

Let's hope Nimmo can succeed where McKinlay, Thom (to an extent) and Scullion have not. 

Very pleased to tie up Meikle to the end of the season, he does most of the unselfish off-the-ball work in that midfield.