Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

10 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

That's all well and good but how many doors did you chap and telephone calls did you make to tell folk personally the date and time of the rescheduled game ??????

Aye. It was like sitting in waiting on an MP chapping the door. Never going to happen. Could have posted a lazy leaflet at least. 😜

6 hours ago, Culter Away said:

One of the big plus points of football at this level is your team should be playing on a Saturday afternoon every week of the season (weather permitting) - it's not like top tier where a lot of Saturday afternoons can be free. So it's a routine, a ritual - you know there will be a game on a Saturday afternoon.

In the Juniors folk were used to midweek games at the start and end of the season but not in between.  They're not used to midweek winter games.

I can't make the Nitten game (though I'd have been there if it had remained on the Saturday) - I'm sure I won't be alone. It's a busy time of year and lots of people will be on nights out etc.

Personally I think moving this fixture was a mistake.

You'd see a lot more night games in the Juniors if they all had the Devil's Candles.

2 hours ago, HTG said:

Is there something missing from this update which went out on social media after the Saturday postponement? It went on to Twitter with 6500 followers and Facebook with over 3500 followers. For the non Internet types, it was posted on the social club door from Saturday onwards.

It is difficult not to bite hard sometimes when we get this sort of thing. Most of the rest of the world has managed the move to places like Twitter and Facebook. Remember we also got slated on here for over promoting the Falkirk match. 

If people want advice on where to look to keep up with what's happening then the answer is as above.

Suppose the only other place to update would be the website (if people are on the internet but not social media) - as it still lists Saturday's Whitehill game as the next fixture, and for some reason the fixtures/results page only lists results...

2 hours ago, HTG said:

"We will now play

this Tuesday in a rearranged fixture with a 1930 kick off."

Is there something missing from this update which went out on social media after the Saturday postponement? It went on to Twitter with 6500 followers and Facebook with over 3500 followers. For the non Internet types, it was posted on the social club door from Saturday onwards.

It is difficult not to bite hard sometimes when we get this sort of thing. Most of the rest of the world has managed the move to places like Twitter and Facebook. Remember we also got slated on here for over promoting the Falkirk match. 

If people want advice on where to look to keep up with what's happening then the answer is as above.   

How the hell can you take offence at what was a very general post and pointed no finger of criticism at anyone.  

Given how many of our supporters are older and don't use social media / internet - they rely on word of mouth or the gazette.  Given the short timescale between Saturday and Tuesday and subsequent poor attendance - it was a fair assumption that not everyone knew about the updated fixture (even with best intentions).

8 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

How the hell can you take offence at what was a very general post and pointed no finger of criticism at anyone.  

Given how many of our supporters are older and don't use social media / internet - they rely on word of mouth or the gazette.  Given the short timescale between Saturday and Tuesday and subsequent poor attendance - it was a fair assumption that not everyone knew about the updated fixture (even with best intentions).

Sorry, I think it was the line:

"Social media is great if actively updated 

I'm afraid we live in the 21st century and social media has never been easier to use or access. I don't readily accept that because people are older, they can't use social media. They're choosing not to. My mother is 81 and when I went into her house yesterday there were 2 laptops sitting at different ends of the table whilst she works on different stuff for different organisations. 

I accept that we need to be better with the website but the technology is clumsier for that and my preference is to make that more of a point of reference. 

I have to say that that the social media provided by the club is without compare. For those that do social media the club won’t let you down.

For those that don’t I’m not sure how you keep them up to date as the people in charge can’t do any more to publicise what is happening. 

The committee now are more proactive in keeping fans informed of things than ever and deserve applause for what they do.

Not wishing to confuse matters but is our game next week against Newtongrange on Friday or Saturday? Only reason I ask is that out fixture list says Saturday but region website says Friday night.

I'm one of the luddites who doesn't use social media (other than this).

Thnx

Not wishing to confuse matters but is our game next week against Newtongrange on Friday or Saturday? Only reason I ask is that out fixture list says Saturday but region website says Friday night.

I'm one of the luddites who doesn't use social media (other than this).

Thnx
Your game today is Jeanfield away - just in case no one told you.

1 minute ago, baker2 said:

Bring back Bradley!emoji38.png

its his squad. Just need to wait until next season until Brown Gets his own squad. I said at the time The Rose needed a change but they should have either binned BRadley in the summer or waited until late in teh season. Its like someone just looking after it just hoping to get you through until he can change things next summer