Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

You still have the league cup and 2 Derbys so not all lost. Getting rid of bradley was needed but it should have been in the summer or see how this season  is you need a total overhaul of the team. 

As for whitehill this is maybe the result that turns their season 

Alan this rose side won’t win nothing!

35 minutes ago, baker2 said:

Just stating a fact!!

Actually you were stating an opinion, not a fact.

And your opinion was that this Rose team would win something (if they won't win nothing, they have to win something....) - it's no wonder I'm looking forward to it.

36 minutes ago, paul999 said:

Brown has a huge rebuild on his hands, not something that has happened overnight as this team has been in decline for quite a few seasons now.

Agreed

As was said last night there are not many -maybe 2 or 3 -  in that squad you would be upset if they left.

1 hour ago, paul999 said:

Brown has a huge rebuild on his hands, not something that has happened overnight as this team has been in decline for quite a few seasons now.

As you say this has not happened overnight.  Since that fateful day at St Andrews there have been more lows than highs.   Not a single Manager since that day has been universally accepted by all and that hasn't helped the situation.  

We have a relatively new committee who were left pretty much a ground zero when they took over.  Bradley clearly had historical opponents within committee and that showed when he was replaced after only his 2nd defeat of the season.  Such a quick sacking can also impact players by association that the committee don't rate them either - a fact maybe reflected in the largely downward spiral of performances since.

Hopefully Brown Ferguson has the appeal to all and is given opportunity to build his own team - but for certain that isn't going to happen overnight or this season.   

Next up in the Season of Disappointment is Newtongrange, tomorrow night, another game under the lights. Feel like attendances have been notably lower for evening matches (groundhop and Falkirk excepted), anybody have a theory for why? Do guys just not fancy it if it's not on a Saturday afternoon, do they not know the game is on, is it work, or what?

Hard to believe that it was mostly the same team who beat Broxburn away that shat the bed at home to Whitehill. Such a weirdly inconsistent season.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Next up in the Season of Disappointment is Newtongrange, tomorrow night, another game under the lights. Feel like attendances have been notably lower for evening matches (groundhop and Falkirk excepted), anybody have a theory for why? Do guys just not fancy it if it's not on a Saturday afternoon, do they not know the game is on, is it work, or what?

Hard to believe that it was mostly the same team who beat Broxburn away that shat the bed at home to Whitehill. Such a weirdly inconsistent season.

One of the big plus points of football at this level is your team should be playing on a Saturday afternoon every week of the season (weather permitting) - it's not like top tier where a lot of Saturday afternoons can be free. So it's a routine, a ritual - you know there will be a game on a Saturday afternoon.

In the Juniors folk were used to midweek games at the start and end of the season but not in between.  They're not used to midweek winter games.

I can't make the Nitten game (though I'd have been there if it had remained on the Saturday) - I'm sure I won't be alone. It's a busy time of year and lots of people will be on nights out etc.

Personally I think moving this fixture was a mistake.

53 minutes ago, Culter Away said:

One of the big plus points of football at this level is your team should be playing on a Saturday afternoon every week of the season (weather permitting) - it's not like top tier where a lot of Saturday afternoons can be free. So it's a routine, a ritual - you know there will be a game on a Saturday afternoon.

In the Juniors folk were used to midweek games at the start and end of the season but not in between.  They're not used to midweek winter games.

I can't make the Nitten game (though I'd have been there if it had remained on the Saturday) - I'm sure I won't be alone. It's a busy time of year and lots of people will be on nights out etc.

As you say. It's a busy time of year. Players have nights out as well. Falkirk game was a friday sell out. Didn't see a rush for entry on Tuesday though. 

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Away to Jeanfield tomorrow Gordon.

My theory is we haven't had a big tie at home during the week yet but there is an element of the weather and folk preferring the weekend rather than after a day at work.

For me, a relatively new dad, it suits me perfect I've been to all midweek games.

I'm a numpty, I was looking at next week on the calendar.

When my kids were young it was much easier to get out midweek than at weekends too, that's partly how I started the habit of going to new grounds. 

1 hour ago, Culter Away said:

Fair shout about nights out at this time of year, although that surely doesn't explain an attendance of about 150 on Tuesday. I suppose you're right about routine, I don't understand it personally but it seems to be the way for a lot of folk.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Fair shout about nights out at this time of year, although that surely doesn't explain an attendance of about 150 on Tuesday. I suppose you're right about routine, I don't understand it personally but it seems to be the way for a lot of folk.

Wasn't Tuesday a fairly recent rearrangement though? That's bound to have had some knock on effects if there was only days notice.

42 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Wasn't Tuesday a fairly recent rearrangement though? That's bound to have had some knock on effects if there was only days notice.

It also depends on how you gain the information about matches.   Not every match is as well advertised or pushed as the Falkirk match was.

Social media is great if actively updated - and if people pick up on the posts.  The Gazette only comes out once a week and has a very poor following these days. 

Otherwise you are largely relying on word of mouth to have people informed of matches.  There was quite a few regulars who missed Tuesday as didn't even know the game was on.

1 hour ago, sponsorsladdie said:

When was the last season that wasn’t a disappointment?

17-18, Bradley's first full season, when we finished 2nd, 4 points behind a very good Bonnyrigg. The cups were disappointing though. Until 16-17 we'd never finished outside the top 3 in the Superleague, so I can't regard any of those seasons as really disappointing. Is my bar too low?

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

It also depends on how you gain the information about matches.   Not every match is as well advertised or pushed as the Falkirk match was.

Social media is great if actively updated - and if people pick up on the posts.  The Gazette only comes out once a week and has a very poor following these days. 

Otherwise you are largely relying on word of mouth to have people informed of matches.  There was quite a few regulars who missed Tuesday as didn't even know the game was on.

"We will now play

this Tuesday in a rearranged fixture with a 1930 kick off."

Is there something missing from this update which went out on social media after the Saturday postponement? It went on to Twitter with 6500 followers and Facebook with over 3500 followers. For the non Internet types, it was posted on the social club door from Saturday onwards.

It is difficult not to bite hard sometimes when we get this sort of thing. Most of the rest of the world has managed the move to places like Twitter and Facebook. Remember we also got slated on here for over promoting the Falkirk match. 

If people want advice on where to look to keep up with what's happening then the answer is as above. 

1 hour ago, HTG said:

"We will now play

this Tuesday in a rearranged fixture with a 1930 kick off."

Is there something missing from this update which went out on social media after the Saturday postponement? It went on to Twitter with 6500 followers and Facebook with over 3500 followers. For the non Internet types, it was posted on the social club door from Saturday onwards.

It is difficult not to bite hard sometimes when we get this sort of thing. Most of the rest of the world has managed the move to places like Twitter and Facebook. Remember we also got slated on here for over promoting the Falkirk match. 

If people want advice on where to look to keep up with what's happening then the answer is as above. 

That's all well and good but how many doors did you chap and telephone calls did you make to tell folk personally the date and time of the rescheduled game ??????