Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Aye its fair enough. I was just saying he's doing well.

It's a disgrace what happened to Danny and Mark first time round. I'm sure we've moved on from that.

I do get that some aren't happy about the last sacking but it isn't the same circumstances.

I for one would be delighted to see Danny return.

1 minute ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It's a disgrace what happened to Danny and Mark first time round. I'm sure we've moved on from that.

I do get that some aren't happy about the last sacking but it isn't the same circumstances.

Danny been out the game for a while not sure if he would come back when he went to the rose he was confident he was on a role he had build a good camelon team

21 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

At least two players down.in the dugout 😂

Looking forward to seeing who gets the job.

Herdy has to be in with a shout. What a job he's doing at Camelon. Great to see them up in people's faces again.

Is it still too early and a bit too ‘close to home’ for Herdy perhaps?

I’d imagine he’s probably still pretty good pals with Coyne, Strickland and the McLennan’s.

Why isn't it the same with Mark this time?

It feels that some would never accept him and Musselburgh provided the opportunity.

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Why isn't it the same with Mark this time?

It feels that some would never accept him and Musselburgh provided the opportunity.

So who is making the bullets this time? Am I wrong in saying that the current chairman was instrumental in bringing him back? Are some sponsors leaning on the committee for some change? 

There seemed to be a wind of change about 3 seasons ago with what appeared to be a new vibrant committee but it would appear having made that move that the wind is now in a different direction. 

Are there players in the squad who would make it difficult for a manager whoever comes in?

4 hours ago, boheesian said:
So who is making the bullets this time? Am I wrong in saying that the current chairman was instrumental in bringing him back? Are some sponsors leaning on the committee for some change? 
There seemed to be a wind of change about 3 seasons ago with what appeared to be a new vibrant committee but it would appear having made that move that the wind is now in a different direction. 
Are there players in the squad who would make it difficult for a manager whoever comes in?

All good questions. 

The current Chair is indeed a big fan of Mark, however his return still required the backing of the committee.  I think it's also fair to say that the re-appointment of Mark would  have unlikely been unanimous.    As for Sponsors influence - I have never heard any grumble about interference only positive support towards the club.

The changes 3 years ago, were in hindsight long overdue.  There have been many improvements - however change doesn't happen overnight - there are still to many that look backwards for inspiration and not forwards.   This is something which feels likely to have been behind the removal of Mark.

By all accounts the players were fully behind Mark.  I think any new Manager coming in will need to manage quite a few challenges on and off the field and that may be something which will define his tenure as much as results.

Edited by Auld Heid

Yeah you are maybe right.

Anyway he has put his statement out. As I said its great to see him doing well and I've always had a soft spot for Camelon.

Had some great days with good cross club pals over the years and it's good to see them rejuvenated. If only Whitburn could see sense and get themselves turned round as well.

Those were big big games, I always think there has to be a way to wake that core support up again and challenge again.

Is it still too early and a bit too ‘close to home’ for Herdy perhaps?

I’d imagine he’s probably still pretty good pals with Coyne, Strickland and the McLennan’s.

34 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Having to resign due to a figure in the back ground vs a committee vote is different.

At least thats how I read it.

So this time it was figures in the background as opposed to figure. 

But what is done is done, we move on, hopefully the new Manager enjoys better fortune and not looking out for figures or a figure in the background.

No it was a democratic vote to remove the management from post. It is different.

Anyway yes let's move on from this. Some really hard games coming up and if we get a few results on the bounce we will be back in the hunt.

So this time it was figures in the background as opposed to figure. 
But what is done is done, we move on, hopefully the new Manager enjoys better fortune and not looking out for figures or a figure in the background.

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

John Coughlin seen having a Chilli Con Carne in The Old Post Office last night.

5 hours ago, surely not! said:

Believe the job has been offered to someone with senior (spfl) experience

This was the first name that came to mind when reading the second quote 😂 positive is you wouldn't concede a lot of goals due to his defensive approach ..good guy tho 👍

13 minutes ago, forrie_1 said:

This was the first name that came to mind when reading the second quote 😂 positive is you wouldn't concede a lot of goals due to his defensive approach ..good guy tho 👍

We have seen little evidence in recent weeks that we play with a defence.  So any help in that department would be a step in the right direction.