Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

He's played classic number 10, floating around a 9 and spending plenty of time on both sides. If he's been on the left of a front three before, it hasn't been in a long time.

Coyne’s never been a ‘classic number 10’ or ever really played that role as far as I’m aware? I doubt it as it really doesn’t seem a role that would play to his strengths.

Albeit I’ve never watched them week-in-week out, but as someone mentioned previously, Coyne has spent the bulk of his time at Lithgy playing on the left of a front 3 beside Coco Strickland, with Roddy, Herdy or occasionally Calum Smith on the right and Roddy tucking in to play as a ‘10’.

Think Whytey might’ve still been playing on the right of the 3 for a chunk of Coyne’s early days at Lithgy as well? I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m wrong about any of the above.

20 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Coyne’s never been a ‘classic number 10’ or ever really played that role as far as I’m aware? I doubt it as it really doesn’t seem a role that would play to his strengths.

Albeit I’ve never watched them week-in-week out, but as someone mentioned previously, Coyne has spent the bulk of his time at Lithgy playing on the left of a front 3 beside Coco Strickland, with Roddy, Herdy or occasionally Calum Smith on the right and Roddy tucking in to play as a ‘10’.

Think Whytey might’ve still been playing on the right of the 3 for a chunk of Coyne’s early days at Lithgy as well? I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m wrong about any of the above.

Funnily enough Whytey never played with TC - although I must admit I thought similar until his testimonial, when I learned differently.

Coyne's never played that far left. Old school inside left maybe, with a pretty free role. In the last few seasons he's been first or second forward, with much of last season being him ahead of a three of Roddy, Ruari and Ronald. In the run to the Scottish Cup 5th round he was often number 10 around Kelbie, a role he played when Maguire was here too. Last time we made the Junior Cup final he played second striker to Herdy, with McArthur one side and Roddy the other.

Apart from anything else, he'd never have scored that many goals from wider left.

Coyne's never played that far left. Old school inside left maybe, with a pretty free role. In the last few seasons he's been first or second forward, with much of last season being him ahead of a three of Roddy, Ruari and Ronald. In the run to the Scottish Cup 5th round he was often number 10 around Kelbie, a role he played when Maguire was here too. Last time we made the Junior Cup final he played second striker to Herdy, with McArthur one side and Roddy the other.

Apart from anything else, he'd never have scored that many goals from wider left.

At no point has anyone said Coyne is/was a touchline-hugging, byeline-hitting winger. You’re also downplaying a lot of the goals he has scored from playing out wide then muscling past folk cutting inside on his right foot. Actually think probably a good percentage of Coyne’s goals have come this way after a wee 1-2 lay off with Coco.

We'll agree to disagree Gordon.

Think that’s perhaps best.

He’s talking bollocks now! [emoji1]

Yup, probably 90% of his goals come from the left.

I never thought I'd ever say thus sentence, but spot on 8 mile.
NOOOOOO! Grinder what are you saying?!?!?!?....... never give 8mile that credit..... [emoji85][emoji86]

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:
1 hour ago, pie n beans said:
Would you take Johnny Harvey as he tweeted last week he is looking to get back into management.

Hopefully not.

Why would you say that don’t think he ever lost to you when at Penicuik and if your thinking about his time at Berwick give the guy a break it was an impossible job

16 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Looking forward to seeing who gets the job.

Herdy has to be in with a shout. What a job he's doing at Camelon. Great to see them up in people's faces again.

Camelon have issued a hands off warning and has said its nice to be linked but hes got a job to do at Camelon. Maybe he seen the destruction yous did to Danny SMITH and Braddo

52 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Camelon have issued a hands off warning and has said its nice to be linked but hes got a job to do at Camelon. Maybe he seen the destruction yous did to Danny SMITH and Braddo

So herdy said that,aye.or camelon.

BF

Edited by lithgierose

Looking forward to seeing who gets the job.

Herdy has to be in with a shout. What a job he's doing at Camelon. Great to see them up in people's faces again.

He is one of the last few legends we haven't employed.

Give him a season then ditch him like the others.