Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

If they have signed player and not breaking the law then I’d expect them to be. I’m sure accounts are reviewed as part of the license too. I’d like to think that was covered as part of that
I would think you would find there is a high percentage of players on non professional contracts. As you say as part of the licence process this would be flagged .

If they have signed player and not breaking the law then I’d expect them to be. I’m sure accounts are reviewed as part of the license too. I’d like to think that was covered as part of that

Don’t think it’s came into effect the minimum wage thing but could be wrong. We know all players are not on amateur contracts and no club has been pulled up for it so I don’t think it’s came into effect

Don’t think it’s came into effect the minimum wage thing but could be wrong. We know all players are not on amateur contracts and no club has been pulled up for it so I don’t think it’s came into effect

Why would footballers on a contract not fall under UK law? Minimum wage, PAYE etc is all applicable

Players can sign as non contract professionals.
I would say there will be around 5 clubs with a 40k budget.or more.
Dont think any would be anymore than 70/80

You honestly think there are half the teams in this league with 80k+budget!!!.
Yes, 18 players on £100 a week, plus manager and coaches, plus bonuses is an easy £80k and there are plenty players earning more than that.

Players can sign as non contract professionals.I would say there will be around 5 clubs with a 40k budget.or more.

Dont think any would be anymore than 70/80

Players can only sign a non contract professional if their previous contract was professional. You can't go from amateur direct to non contract. 

Anyone signing a professional contract must be paid minimum wage, there is a section on the form which the club must fill out that specifically has a tick box saying they will pay minimum wage.

Ams and non contract NC players are entitled to 45p per mile (maximum) in expenses, no wage or bonuses.

Minimum wage isn't £75 a week. There are ranges based on age from ~£28 up to around ~£58 depending on age. Unless clubs decide to take a bus to all away games in which case you need to factor in a little more for those weeks (travel time to training and home games isn't wages and only away travel time counted if travelling by bus, not if employee going direct by car for which you can choose to pay expenses up to 45p per mile if you wish, but but required).

Dont have a skin in this at all, just passing on some info about some of the questions asked re registrations/ minimum wage.

Players can only sign a non contract professional if their previous contract was professional. You can't go from amateur direct to non contract. Anyone signing a professional contract must be paid minimum wage, there is a section on the form which the club must fill out that specifically has a tick box saying they will pay minimum wage.

Ams and non contract NC players are entitled to 45p per mile (maximum) in expenses, no wage or bonuses.

Minimum wage isn't £75 a week. There are ranges based on age from ~£28 up to around ~£58 depending on age. Unless clubs decide to take a bus to all away games in which case you need to factor in a little more for those weeks (travel time to training and home games isn't wages and only away travel time counted if travelling by bus, not if employee going direct by car for which you can choose to pay expenses up to 45p per mile if you wish, but but required).

Dont have a skin in this at all, just passing on some info about some of the questions asked re registrations/ minimum wage.

Not sure where you’ve got the stuff about away games from, but it sounds like shite to me.

Not sure where you’ve got the stuff about away games from, but it sounds like shite to me.
They are an employee, so their time starts on arrival at their first designated place of work for that day.

If you ask them to arrive at your park to get on a bus, you pay from the time you ask them to arrive.

If you ask them to arrive at an away ground direct, but not go anywhere else first, you pay from arrival time at the away ground.

It may well sound like shite, but that was the HMRC advice for the last two budgets I've looked after in the LL and now EoS. [emoji6]

I can only take the tax man's word on it.

They are an employee, so their time starts on arrival at their first designated place of work for that day.

If you ask them to arrive at your park to get on a bus, you pay from the time you ask them to arrive.

If you ask them to arrive at an away ground direct, but not go anywhere else first, you pay from arrival time at the away ground.

It may well sound like shite, but that was the HMRC advice for the last two budgets I've looked after in the LL and now EoS. [emoji6]

Correct

Hmm, looking into it a little more there seems to be a gap between working time regulations and what counts as working time for minimum wage. I think we’d all be pretty raging to be told to report to work in Orkney but only get 3/4 hours pay and be given no expenses!

It’s a loophole that really should be closed, doesn’t seem right you can be asked to travel significant distances away from your normal workplace and not get any pay cos you didn’t attend your normal workplace first.

Hmm, looking into it a little more there seems to be a gap between working time regulations and what counts as working time for minimum wage. I think we’d all be pretty raging to be told to report to work in Orkney but only get 3/4 hours pay and be given no expenses!

It’s a loophole that really should be closed, doesn’t seem right you can be asked to travel significant distances away from your normal workplace and not get any pay cos you didn’t attend your normal workplace first.
I used to travel to London every 3 weeks for 2 days, meaning a 06:50 flight, 05:30 leaving the house to get me into the office for 09:00 or thereabouts.

Got 13p mileage to the airport and back and nothing for the extra hours.

I think it's pretty standard practice (not saying it's right).

16 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I used to travel to London every 3 weeks for 2 days, meaning a 06:50 flight, 05:30 leaving the house to get me into the office for 09:00 or thereabouts.

Got 13p mileage to the airport and back and nothing for the extra hours.

I think it's pretty standard practice (not saying it's right).

Public transport rates as opposed to HMRC rates. Company I used to work at paid the same kind of rate as Gaz states. Not sure of the rules now, but I am not sure it is obligatory to pay HMRC rates for travel now a days. 

Public transport rates as opposed to HMRC rates. Company I used to work at paid the same kind of rate as Gaz states. Not sure of the rules now, but I am not sure it is obligatory to pay HMRC rates for travel now a days. 

The HMRC rate isn't obligatory, it's just the rate you are allowed to pay as a maximum per mile before it becomes taxable.

Your company can choose to pay you what they want. But better believe if they choose 60p per mile the revenue will be after you for tax on the extra 15p per mile. [emoji846]

Our department of ScotGov gives you travel time to and from external locations - so if I'm going to Perth this afternoon then I get the travel time to and from Perth (from the office) as part of my working day. I don't get time for going to or coming home from my work when its at my base location.

Anyway - Wee Rose under pressure now to get this appointment right, teams like Kelty and Bonnyrigg have already passed them on and off the park and a mistake here could see the likes of Bo'ness, Broxburn and Cookie heading off into the distance as well.

Edited by Jason King

15 hours ago, Fife Journeyman said:
15 hours ago, GordonS said:
How much do you think Scullion and Allum will be getting, and why? How much do Camelon players get? 

Out of interest what do you think would be the player budget for a top half EOS side?

I have literally no idea whatsoever, that's why I was asking. 

15 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Because we went for allum and he said you were paying more. Scullion isn't going to be at the rose for £100 a week 

Ta. But what do Camelon pay? I'm genuinely interested.