Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

If that's in any way about me, it's idiotic.

"Be happy because you narrowly beat much inferior opposition" is the arguement of a child.

Could you be any more patronising about the opposition. Why exactly do you think Huntly were much inferior opposition when I'm guessing you've seen them once this season.

Talking to our opponents after the match, they said that was the best they'd played all season. We'll have good days and bad . Auchinleck could have gone out the cup at Dundonald, grabbed a replay and were excellent on Friday night. That's football. 

Goodness me. "We've only played one decent opponent". Really? You wouldn't class Jeanfield as decent then - you know the team that has taken 4 off Broxburn and 7 off Camelon? Dunbar beat Tranent at Tranent yesterday with players missing. Gretna beat HoB yesterday. HoB beat Penicuik at Penicuik. 
We could have won much more comfortably yesterday but when the ball won't go in you're always going to be a break away from a poor result. 
We were missing Gray and Ruari - take MacLennan and Barbour out of any midfield and it will make a bit of a difference. We've got McKenzie to come back. The goalkeeping situation is night and day compared to last season. 
But aye, let's be terrified about playing teams in our league - not. 
Roddy still missing too.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

I AM behind the club. I don't boo or complain from the sidelines. I turn up, pay my money and back the team.

What I'm not is blind or stupid.

Well done. What you do with your constant negativity on places like this is upset people. You upset the players, the management and committee with your constant negativity. It gets tiring for the people who spend countless hours with no remuneration every week making sure there’s a team on the pitch and facilities that are the envy of many. It gets boring for the management team who juggle a full time job with making sure we have a team that know how they are meant to play. It gets annoying for the players who work hard all week and do this over and above their full time job.

Well done on not booing or complaining from the sidelines - you’re constant negativity on here far negates that. 

9 hours ago, HTG said:

Goodness me. "We've only played one decent opponent". Really? You wouldn't class Jeanfield as decent then - you know the team that has taken 4 off Broxburn and 7 off Camelon? Dunbar beat Tranent at Tranent yesterday with players missing. Gretna beat HoB yesterday. HoB beat Penicuik at Penicuik. 

We could have won much more comfortably yesterday but when the ball won't go in you're always going to be a break away from a poor result. 

We were missing Gray and Ruari - take MacLennan and Barbour out of any midfield and it will make a bit of a difference. We've got McKenzie to come back. The goalkeeping situation is night and day compared to last season. 

But aye, let's be terrified about playing teams in our league - not. 

Jeanfield... yeah true, they're decent. It was another really open game up there that could have finished with any score. But they've very obviously got problems too, they've only got 3 points from 4 league games so far.

Gretna were utter dogshit last week, anyone who was at the game will tell you that. They're the worst team we've played all season. I've no idea how they beat HoB, I'd love to know.

Dunbar are solid and competent, but they're not contenders for the EoS Premier, they've lost 3 of their first 5 league games.

I know we were missing Ruari, that was a big part of the point I was making. We're really reliant on him for creativity in the middle. With a different shape we could have Meikle or Barbour offering more here, but of course we'd need to have injuries elsewhere clear up for them to be free.

Did I say I was "terrified" of playing anyone? It's possible to be somewhere in between extremes. I really don't understand the grumpiness in your reply. I'd have thought this forum was where fans might talk about how the team is playing, what's going well and what badly. Or is it only for acceptably positive cheerleading?

While I'm here, if everyone was fit I'd love to see:

McKinven

Gray Thom Scullion Hutchison

Barbour Meikle

Roddy/Ronald Ruari TC

Allum

Subs: Wilson McKinlay Darren Smith Slaven Ronald/Roddy

IMO that's one central defender away from being a side to compete with any in the LL. 

While I'm here, if everyone was fit I'd love to see:
McKinven
Gray Thom Scullion Hutchison
Barbour Meikle
Roddy/Ronald Ruari TC
Allum
Subs: Wilson McKinlay Darren Smith Slaven Ronald/Roddy
IMO that's one central defender away from being a side to compete with any in the LL. 

Would you not have McKenzie in the team/squad or Strickland? Is it not 7 on the bench?

Would you not have McKenzie in the team/squad or Strickland? Is it not 7 on the bench?
Personally I think our biggest issue is consistency of selection. Whether this is due to availability or injuries I'm not sure.

Do we really know what our best 11 is yet? There are green shoots there to work with.

2 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Duh you're right, I was in ancient times there, 7 subs. I'd have Strickland there, but it's been so long since I've seen enough of McKenzie that I'm honestly not sure.

Sad to see Whelan injured too, he's shown potential.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Jamie's return will be a huge boost to the defence and squad as a whole.

Just when we need him, fingers crossed Roddy won't be far behind for the business end of the season. Still fancy us strongly for the league.

Is Jamie signed for this season ?

On 22/09/2019 at 16:00, GordonS said:

We've only played one decent opponent so far, and lost comfortably (as you saw). I'm relieved we've not had Penicuik or Broxburn yet, or had a tough cup draw.

On 22/09/2019 at 16:03, GordonS said:

What I'm not is blind or stupid.

You took 5 2nd half goals of us when they were costly mistakes by us. We are and can match any side on our day.

What a very patronising post and how to win friends,I would say you are both blind  (for not seeing how easy we made errors in that 2nd half)  AND stupid wi just that post alone!!

19 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You took 5 2nd half goals of us when they were costly mistakes by us. We are and can match any side on our day.

What a very patronising post and how to win friends,I would say you are both blind  (for not seeing how easy we made errors in that 2nd half)  AND stupid wi just that post alone!!

I wouldn't take him too seriously. Most if not all Rose fans think he posts nonsense.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Maybe Whitehill had a bad day that day, but no, I'm definitely sticking with them not being a decent side. You think it's an argument in favour of the team that they made 5 errors in one half that led to goals???

What would be patronising is if I gave them praise they hadn't earned. And FWIW, I'd love to see WW back at the top of the EoS and I think it's one of the best non-league grounds to visit anywhere in Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Maybe Whitehill had a bad day that day, but no, I'm definitely sticking with them not being a decent side. You think it's an argument in favour of the team that they made 5 errors in one half that led to goals???

What would be patronising is if I gave them praise they hadn't earned. And FWIW, I'd love to see WW back at the top of the EoS and I think it's one of the best non-league grounds to visit anywhere in Scotland. 

Na the argument is yer patronising post stating you've only played one decent side. 

As others have pointed out you've played a few decent sides. 

Yer post is one for the dressing room walls of yer unmighty opponents. 

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Na the argument is yer patronising post stating you've only played one decent side. 

As others have pointed out you've played a few decent sides. 

Yer post is one for the dressing room walls of yer unmighty opponents. 

It was probably one of our best performances of the season v Whitehill but Gordon finds it difficult being positive about the Rose. His default is generally that the opposition must be rank. 

8 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

It was probably one of our best performances of the season v Whitehill but Gordon finds it difficult being positive about the Rose. His default is generally that the opposition must be rank. 

🤣 I never even mentioned how Rose played in that game, you're off your meds.

Our defence has been dodgy for more than a year now, anyone who says otherwise obviously doesn't watch them. I praise the attack all the time and I praise our opponents, but that doesn't suit your snidey wee attitude.

Maybe you're happy with being a whole division behind Kelty and Bonnyrigg and getting hosed by Beith and East Stirling, but I think we can get back to that level.