Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Anyone seen Jeanfield this season? Their results are far from impressive. If they're at the level of last season I'd call this a 50-50; if not, I'd hope we have enough to beat them. A replay wouldn't be the worth thing, I'd be much more confident bringing them back to our place.

I'm not sure how much of a guide last season's results are, the game up there was after the season was effectively over for us. The home match was a bit strange with it being the grounhopper game onthe Saturday night, it was very open and it could have ended up anything. 

It's only based on the Jeanfield v BU's game but I would say that they are a decent side.      Jeanfield generally varied their attack by mixing the long ball to the striker with some nice movement and passing through the midfield.    Couple of nippy players in the team and they looked like they can be effective on the counter attack.      Their defence was solid, competent and organised.    As a team they shouted for every possible decision (they made about 100 offside shouts in the game)  and got a lot of soft freekicks thanks to some diving and rolling about.  

To be honest I think if the 11 Rose players have the discipline to keep their shape, put in a shift and have players who know when to take a "good yellow card" they should win...……………..but if there's a lack of effort or tracking back by your midfield then Jeanfield could pick you off. 

……………….and I heartily recommend the £2 mince pie.    Not a scotch pie but a pie filled with tasty mince and gravy.  

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It's only based on the Jeanfield v BU's game but I would say that they are a decent side.      Jeanfield generally varied their attack by mixing the long ball to the striker with some nice movement and passing through the midfield.    Couple of nippy players in the team and they looked like they can be effective on the counter attack.      Their defence was solid, competent and organised.    As a team they shouted for every possible decision (they made about 100 offside shouts in the game)  and got a lot of soft freekicks thanks to some diving and rolling about.  

To be honest I think if the 11 Rose players have the discipline to keep their shape, put in a shift and have players who know when to take a "good yellow card" they should win...……………..but if there's a lack of effort or tracking back by your midfield then Jeanfield could pick you off. 

……………….and I heartily recommend the £2 mince pie.    Not a scotch pie but a pie filled with tasty mince and gravy.  

You mean a steak and gravy pie lol

56 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You mean a steak and gravy pie lol

Hey Alan, don't try and teach me about pies........I was probably eating pies when you were still on yer maws breast.   They have steak pies at £2.50 which (based on a previous visit) are very good but the mince pies are the dogs bollocks.      

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ta. I've been aff the pies lately as I try to be less massive, but I'll make an exception for a recommendation like that.

The kind of team you're describing is the worst possible opponent for the Linlithgow team - the space Camelon found between our defence and midfield was shiocking. Fingers crossed they've been working on that since then.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hey Alan, don't try and teach me about pies........I was probably eating pies when you were still on yer maws breast.   They have steak pies at £2.50 which (based on a previous visit) are very good but the mince pies are the dogs bollocks.      

Must get the mince meat oot a Chinese cash and carry.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Only a beggar would choose mince over steak.

Have seen a few of Jeanfield's games this season.  The 2 away defeats to Tranent and Hill of Beath could have gone either way to be honest.  Jeanfield passed up more than enough chances in both to get 2 wins.  Also, the Tranent game saw 7 first team regulars out injured/missing.

Missed last week's 1-0 defeat to BU and the cup win against Broxburn, so can't comment on either of those games.

More clinical in front of goal and they could give you a bit of a scare on Saturday.

On 26/08/2019 at 22:00, GordonS said:

In case anyone's not sure what I'm on about, btw, see the screenshots attached below for an example. I don't know who this guy is, I've never had anything to do with him on here and I've had him muted for a long time, so I don't even see his posts far less reply to them. But he regularly trawls through my posts, sometimes going a long, long way back, giving them red dots. I really couldn't care less about reds or greens, I don't do anything to go looking for likes or avoiding dislikes and I rarely post outside of non-league football. But this chap, every few days, looks up my posts and 'dislikes' as many of them as he can. This morning's dislikes were all before 8am.

What kind of person does that? Who gets up in the morning and thinks, "lovely day, I know what I'll do, I'll go online and hit 'dislike' on a bunch of posts by a total stranger on a website". I don't think anyone I know would take time out of their life to do anything so weird. Do people do this? Is this normal? Because the day I ever do anything like that it'll be a definite cry for help.

Anyway my friend, if it makes you happy and helps you through the day, you carry on. But if I were in your shoes I'd be down the health centre tomorrow, and I'm completely serious. Try telling someone who loves you what you do on here and see how they respond.

Right, that's me definitely done, there'll be no more non-football posts from me for a while. I didn't reply to anything above and I won't be replying to anything under this, because I'm a grown man, I've already spent far more time on it than it deserves and this shit is just weird.

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 21.41.39.png

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 22.34.42.png

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 02.03.22.png

@PatP

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 19.03.27.png