Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

12 hours ago, PatP said:

Kind of comment from someone more intent on the pop than the football. You do know Hutchison isn’t signed from Hamilton? Dear oh dear. Fair play to you still being able to access the internet at 11 given how long you have been on it for

Yes,and I do know he seems to have more holidays than the queen.did he not make a brief appearance back in the day.when we played Hibs.

12 hours ago, PatP said:

Kind of comment from someone more intent on the pop than the football. You do know Hutchison isn’t signed from Hamilton? Dear oh dear. Fair play to you still being able to access the internet at 11 given how long you have been on it for.

Btw,what is your opinion on Owens performance yesterday ?

Beautiful day here for TC's testimonial, though maybe a bit hot for the older guys out there. Stephen Manson just scored from miles out, rattled round the stanchion in a very pleasing fashion. Attendance about 200.

Beautiful day here for TC's testimonial, though maybe a bit hot for the older guys out there. Stephen Manson just scored from miles out, rattled round the stanchion in a very pleasing fashion. Attendance about 200.
A very enjoyable afternoon and great to see so many old faces back for today's game.

The manufactured penalty at the end was the highlight with TC standing aside to allow his cousin take the glory.

Quite a few could still do a job for us.

4 hours ago, baker2 said:

Massive game on Saturday! Going to be a really tough game anyone fancy our chances?

Jeanfield have won 1 league game. They aren't a bad side but blitzed us at carmuirs last year and everyone raved about them we drew with them up their and they looked ordinary as we threw it away that day. They blitz us up their again but lose next 3 league games and you are panicking. I dont get it

Anyone seen Jeanfield this season? Their results are far from impressive. If they're at the level of last season I'd call this a 50-50; if not, I'd hope we have enough to beat them. A replay wouldn't be the worth thing, I'd be much more confident bringing them back to our place.

I'm not sure how much of a guide last season's results are, the game up there was after the season was effectively over for us. The home match was a bit strange with it being the grounhopper game onthe Saturday night, it was very open and it could have ended up anything. 

33 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Anyone seen Jeanfield this season? Their results are far from impressive. If they're at the level of last season I'd call this a 50-50; if not, I'd hope we have enough to beat them. A replay wouldn't be the worth thing, I'd be much more confident bringing them back to our place.

I'm not sure how much of a guide last season's results are, the game up there was after the season was effectively over for us. The home match was a bit strange with it being the grounhopper game onthe Saturday night, it was very open and it could have ended up anything. 

Their initial result against Camelon was an eye opener.  Subsequent results as you say have been indifferent - so they also have a question mark against what Jeanfield turns up.

What we do know our defensive inconsistencies remain a concern - and that for me is what will decide the result.   Sort the defence and we will be more than a match for most teams.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I watched them a fortnight ago against broxburn.and I have the same thoughts as mentioned before.sort the defence out,and we should be ok.dont think jeanfield were any different from last season.but broxburn were.

Jeanfield have won 1 league game. They aren't a bad side but blitzed us at carmuirs last year and everyone raved about them we drew with them up their and they looked ordinary as we threw it away that day. They blitz us up their again but lose next 3 league games and you are panicking. I dont get it

Alan you have seen our defence on an off day we defend like we did against use we will loose!