Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

25 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Wasnt just your defence it was our 11 who caused your defeat. 2 of our goals came from distance and one came from a rebound from a shot from distance. Your midfield didnt help protect your back 4

With no disrespect intended to Camelon (they fully deserved the points from Saturday)

If Saturday, was Camelon at their best - I would happily play you every week - because we have so much more to offer than we showed on Saturday.  Unfortunately we aren't clicking and look far from a side who will be live contenders.

(Agree with Penicuik)

22 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

With no disrespect intended to Camelon (they fully deserved the points from Saturday)

If Saturday, was Camelon at their best - I would happily play you every week - because we have so much more to offer than we showed on Saturday.  Unfortunately we aren't clicking and look far from a side who will be live contenders.

(Agree with Penicuik)

The Haws will be in and around that group too I would imagine.

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

(Agree with Penicuik)

Shoulda woulda coulda. We done what we had to do in the game. We can play better aswell. Sometimes it's just on the day. This league is going to be so tight. We are one of the teams that could take points from a lot of the top teams and lose to teams around us.

You say that but we both won a game each last season. Weve bea you on your patch see what happens when we play you at carmuirs

On 20/08/2019 at 19:12, th1stleandr0se said:

It also tells you that home advantage isn't that relevant at this level.  Except, of course, if you have an idiosyncratic pitch like Bonnyrigg or Broxburn where local knowledge can give you a goal's start.  A good playing surface like Linlithgow or Bo'ness is "a level playing-field".

IDIOSYNCRATIC WOOOOO!!!!!!! THATS A BIGGY. and didn't you mean to say, what Bo`ness was like. 😉

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:12, th1stleandr0se said:

It also tells you that home advantage isn't that relevant at this level.  Except, of course, if you have an idiosyncratic pitch like Bonnyrigg or Broxburn where local knowledge can give you a goal's start.  A good playing surface like Linlithgow or Bo'ness is "a level playing-field".

Bit early to be calling the Bo'ness pitch a good surface, is it not?  It will be, however and allow football to be played in a less 'hoof-it' manner.

Edited by Jambo'ness

Even first half where we were gifted a goal. Equaliser from the spot and I thought we dominated the game from there. Nice finish from Ruari and created a number of openings after that where we either took a touch too many or there was a last ditch tackle. Dunbar will take their share of points off teams through the season. 

34 minutes ago, HTG said:

Even first half where we were gifted a goal. Equaliser from the spot and I thought we dominated the game from there. Nice finish from Ruari and created a number of openings after that where we either took a touch too many or there was a last ditch tackle. Dunbar will take their share of points off teams through the season. 

Agreed but even when we were 1 up and dominating I always feared there was a defensive error just around the corner.

I think the ref added more time on than we deliberately wasted at the end of the match. I'm not a fan of the giving up chances to seal the game to instead waste time in the corner.

Draw would have been fair enough. Bizarre decision in first half when Dunbar had the ball in the net. Shocking defending to gift the opener. Then rose had the best of the play till second half which I thought was very even. Unlucky with the header off the post. Good enough game.

6 minutes ago, andyeufc said:

Draw would have been fair enough. Bizarre decision in first half when Dunbar had the ball in the net. Shocking defending to gift the opener. Then rose had the best of the play till second half which I thought was very even. Unlucky with the header off the post. Good enough game.

Coyne hit the bar to balance the one off the post.

4 hours ago, HTG said:

I thought Linlithgow’s experience won them the game today. Managed the game well enough. Thought Dunbar missed the midfield out too many times in first half. Decent game. As said, Dunbar will take a fair share of points off teams, especially at home.

Fancy Linlithgow to be there or there abouts.

5 hours ago, lithgierose said:

If the Hamilton laddies don't start next week.mmm well.

Kind of comment from someone more intent on the pop than the football. You do know Hutchison isn’t signed from Hamilton? Dear oh dear. Fair play to you still being able to access the internet at 11 given how long you have been on it for.

1 hour ago, PatP said:

Kind of comment from someone more intent on the pop than the football. You do know Hutchison isn’t signed from Hamilton? Dear oh dear. Fair play to you still being able to access the internet at 11 given how long you have been on it for.

Never said Hutchison signed from hamilton.laddie has been back from holiday about a fortnight.where is he ?.and being back in the house ten minutes after supporters bus arrived back.so pipe Doon.