Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Despite a 4-1 win last night I thought the referee was terrible and actually lost the plot near the end. The demeaning manor in how he spoke to players and officials led to more dissent. Another off the conveyor belt on the road to the top.

Doesn't help when players don't know the new rules. [emoji51]
I thought he took too long explaining things to everyone who questioned him holding the game up.

He spoke to everyone like they were a 6 year old kid. I think the referees get more respect if they actually try and speak to players as if they are adults.

46 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Doesn't help when players don't know the new rules. emoji51.png
I thought he took too long explaining things to everyone who questioned him holding the game up.

Good point - A few glaring examples - the substitution of Ronald - McKinley waiting for the bye kick to clear the box before playing the ball. 

On the same subject Braddo has now twice fallen foul of a yellow card - whilst it's always easy to blame the Refs - they are only implementing the rules.  Love them or hate them you don't have a game without officials.

28 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Good point - A few glaring examples - the substitution of Ronald - McKinley waiting for the bye kick to clear the box before playing the ball. 

On the same subject Braddo has now twice fallen foul of a yellow card - whilst it's always easy to blame the Refs - they are only implementing the rules.  Love them or hate them you don't have a game without officials.

I was standing right by the dug out. The ref approach the rose dug out after the management team correctly questioned an offside call (he was on by a mile)

Braddo was then booked for requesting that the ref "speak to him like an adult". The ref said to him "i'm not here to listen, i'm hear to speak, so stop talking" ... "i'll talk, you listen" ... whilst Braddo could have heeded that warning, he continued to ask to be treated with a little respect, forcibly, but reasonably politely. 

The ref continued with the same attitude and booked him. 

He then allowed a Sauchie player to tell him to F*^% Off in front of the rose dugout about 5 mins later, with no action. Pathetic. 

I'm not all against refs, they have  a tough job, but his attitude last night was abysmal.  Have a conversation and you'll get the respect you so clearly desperately crave. 

10 minutes ago, GlamourBaws said:

I was standing right by the dug out. The ref approach the rose dug out after the management team correctly questioned an offside call (he was on by a mile)

Braddo was then booked for requesting that the ref "speak to him like an adult". The ref said to him "i'm not here to listen, i'm hear to speak, so stop talking" ... "i'll talk, you listen" ... whilst Braddo could have heeded that warning, he continued to ask to be treated with a little respect, forcibly, but reasonably politely. 

The ref continued with the same attitude and booked him. 

He then allowed a Sauchie player to tell him to F*^% Off in front of the rose dugout about 5 mins later, with no action. Pathetic. 

I'm not all against refs, they have  a tough job, but his attitude last night was abysmal.  Have a conversation and you'll get the respect you so clearly desperately crave. 

Don't disagree - but a battle against officials is one you will never win.  Braddo can hardly chastise players for petty bookings and dissent if he is being booked in every game. 

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Do the players still have to wear some sort of bib when warming up ?.the new rule about players leaving the field of play at the nearest point to the bye line.(Owen).kind of rules out the reason for wearing the bib, or top.when warming up ?.wtf sits and makes up these new rules.

Do the players still have to wear some sort of bib when warming up ?.the new rule about players leaving the field of play at the nearest point to the bye line.(Owen).kind of rules out the reason for wearing the bib, or top.when warming up ?.wtf sits and makes up these new rules.

They just have to ensure that they are wearing a different coloured top to the 22 players and the officials.

Players warming up could be in position on the tough line for almost all the game. Anyone being subbed should likely take no more than 30 secs or so to make it to the dug out. Speeds the game up by having folk go off at nearest point and eliminates confusion by having subs in different coloured tops.

Better question is ‘wtf sits and complains about these rules?’ [emoji23]

13 minutes ago, surely not! said:

They just have to ensure that they are wearing a different coloured top to the 22 players and the officials.

Players warming up could be in position on the tough line for almost all the game. Anyone being subbed should likely take no more than 30 secs or so to make it to the dug out. Speeds the game up by having folk go off at nearest point and eliminates confusion by having subs in different coloured tops.

Better question is ‘wtf sits and complains about these rules?’ emoji23.png

You don't even mention that a Philidelphia Lawyer wouldn't get close to understanding all the changes around Hand Ball....!!!!

17 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Unless the changing room was soundproofed over the summer there was no half time rollicking.

Big Meikel seemed to make a difference when he came on at half time.

Once we get past the holidays and get a full squad to pick from we have some great options.

Played some great stuff 2nd half and some good passages of play and well worked goals

Don't think it was so much Meikle that made the difference as Ruari being moved forwrd as a result of Meikle coming on. Bradley got the substitution spot-on. Ruari looks like the kind of guy who can influence matches by passing from deep, but he's so good at one-twos and in tight situations that it's a waste playing him back there. He finds space by playing off the shoulder of the last midfielder, giving him time in front of the opposition defence. His creativity is what unlocked Sauchie last night, when he's on form he's a class act.

Meikle was good of course, and Slaven looks an interesting player in the right position. Rangy and quick, a nightmare against a tiring midfield or a team chasing a game.

Barbour got skinned a little too easily for the goal and he coughed up posession when last man in the second half, which is worrying. Overall the shape was miles better, though. I guess the trade-off is a weaker defender but better shape, or better defenders but worse shape. It was a definite improvement.

All-in-all a thoroughly enjoyable evening. It's good to be back at home.

TOMMY COYNE TESTIMONIAL
On Sunday 25th August we'll celebrate 10 years of a legend slamming in goals against ... well ... everyone really!

We'll be bringing back a whole host of players who have played alongside Tommy in a match between a Dave Baikie XI and a Mark Bradley XI.

More details to follow but get the day in your diary so you can get along and show your appreciation for Tommy. It's a bank holiday weekend too!

18 minutes ago, Bufty Boots said:

Ask GordonS - his barometer will no doubt have a lot to say. 

Who rattled your cage? If you want to take issue with anything specific I've said, feel free; if you just want to whine for no reason at all then let me know know so I can get you on mute.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Who rattled your cage? If you want to take issue with anything specific I've said, feel free; if you just want to whine for no reason at all then let me know know so I can get you on mute.

He probably thinks you're an embarrassing balloon, which you most certainly are.

42 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

How many you planning taking off us tomorrow then 8 goals in 2 games you must be confident going by yer posts  ? 

Depends, how good are WW this year? I only saw them once last year, away at Dalbeattie, and I thought for a team at the bottom of the league with few points on the board they scrapped very hard and didn't give anything up. Not a lot of quality up front though. If they can keep Linlithgow quiet and restrict chances then there will be chances at the other end.

I'm disappointed to have to miss this one, it'll be interesting.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I refer you to you earlier comment

can't agree with you that we can't look at last season's results as a barometer. Against the same teams, why not? They're our rivals in the league and surely it's got to be our ambition to win it.

I am pretty sure Camelon thought they would hump Blackburn on Wednesday night based on your great insight. 

I have you down as the only person who would respond with the great claim we would score double figures but our defence would leak like a sieve. 

Pop me on mute if you want but I feel I have been pretty specific on the issues I have.

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

Depends, how good are WW this year? I only saw them once last year, away at Dalbeattie, and I thought for a team at the bottom of the league with few points on the board they scrapped very hard and didn't give anything up. Not a lot of quality up front though. If they can keep Linlithgow quiet and restrict chances then there will be chances at the other end.

I'm disappointed to have to miss this one, it'll be interesting.

Did they not sign bonnyriggs top goal scorer from last season.