Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Sooooo much better with Ruari further forward. TC finding space on the left, Allum starting to link up really well with those around them... Sauchie have been well organised and disciplined but Rose are started to work them out and integrate their new shape and players. On the front foot they're pretty scary.

Jekyll and Hyde performance, where it took losing a goal and a half time rollicking from Braddo to kick start an excellent 2nd half.

Our defence continues to concern me - sort that and maybe then we will be there abouts.

Allum again impressed, the two young lads added fresh impetus. Darren Smith worked his socks off again.

The new rules again catching our Braddo with his 2nd yellow of the season.

Unless the changing room was soundproofed over the summer there was no half time rollicking.

Big Meikel seemed to make a difference when he came on at half time.

Once we get past the holidays and get a full squad to pick from we have some great options.

Played some great stuff 2nd half and some good passages of play and well worked goals

I didn't think that the first half was that bad to be honest. We played some good stuff but lacked the final pass/shot. Sauchie scored against the run of play after Allum hitting the post.

Second half again was a big step up and we looked very good in patches. Wasn't sure if it was a back three or four in second half as "full backs" were very wide at times exposing the two centre backs. I've seen man city operate that way with the one full back pushing forward and making an extra man advantage but the other full back must tuck in to provide cover.

Hopefully it beds in soon as it's the missing element.

HTG!

Also, thought both Smiths did well brining a good energy to the midfield and young Meikle allows rooster to go forward and do what he does.

Promising green shoots showing but hopefully that continues even if we go a goal behind.

Top result at a tricky time of year.

Meikle coming on changed the game for me. The midfield were fantastic and some of the movement was a pleasure to wathh second half.

Allum really unlucky not to score when he hit the post. Need to keep this up as the result show this league is going to be mad. Only two teams will 100% after two games!