Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

9 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The incident at 5.20? It clearly shows he caught Andy with his elbow, now whether it was deliberate or not only Thom knows, he certainly saw Andy coming. More than a few people over the other side breathed a sigh of relief when only a yellow was shown. Nobody is "at it".

As much as Thoms reckless and known to to do that sort of thing I don't think it was a red card he just jumped up trying to use his arm for leaverage and its caught him. I wouldn't be happy if one of my players was red carded for that

22 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

As much as Thoms reckless and known to to do that sort of thing I don't think it was a red card he just jumped up trying to use his arm for leaverage and its caught him. I wouldn't be happy if one of my players was red carded for that

I think we've both seen players sent-off for similar, one of those where another referee may have seen if different.  From the other side of the pitch where I was, it looked a fairly pointed elbow.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:17, Burnie_man said:

I think we've both seen players sent-off for similar, one of those where another referee may have seen if different.  From the other side of the pitch where I was, it looked a fairly pointed elbow.

I always like to see incidents again - a lot to be said for moving pictures of the modern world over still pictures of yester year for properly judging an incident.

My original intepretation of the alleged elbow - was Thom should have been red carded - but viewing the coverage, I genuinely believed that even a yellow was harsh.  As for the penalty incident, if that had been against the Rose, I would have been furious.

That's the breaks

I always like to see incidents again - a lot to be said for moving pictures of the modern world over still pictures of yester year for properly judging an incident.
My original intepretation of the alleged elbow - was Thom should have been red carded - but viewing the coverage, I genuinely believed that even a yellow was harsh.  As for the penalty incident, if that had been against the Rose, I would have been furious.
That's the breaks

Thats fine. I will take my services elsewhere
I am sure there are plenty who would be only
To happy for the level of coverage I provide the club. Its this kind of negativity that has
Led to me standing down as it is.

To happy for the level of coverage I provide the club. Its this kind of negativity that has
BUs were looking for a photographer. Don't know if they got somebody.

1 minute ago, John S said:
10 minutes ago, roseyposey said:

BUs were looking for a photographer. Don't know if they got somebody.

Can't imagine the big man crossing the pennines can you.

16 minutes ago, roseyposey said:

do you realy believe that was aimed at any individual ?

do you realy believe that was aimed at any individual ?

Is that not pretty obvious.
The inference that my skills and art
Are of the past is enough.

The club needs a programme for the
Preston cup tie. Lets see him fill that
With video clips. (Guess who is going to be
Giving up their nights to produce that by the way)

Almost constant negativity about some aspect of the club or team.

Last year I forked out of my own pocket for
A camcorder And enlisted David to video games only to Get (too much wind noise). (Aye but these are not as professional as the previous lad) shite.

44 minutes ago, roseyposey said:

Is that not pretty obvious.
The inference that my skills and art
Are of the past is enough.

The club needs a programme for the
Preston cup tie. Lets see him fill that
With video clips. (Guess who is going to be
Giving up their nights to produce that by the way)

Almost constant negativity about some aspect of the club or team.

Last year I forked out of my own pocket for
A camcorder And enlisted David to video games only to Get (too much wind noise). (Aye but these are not as professional as the previous lad) shite.

What a lot of nonsense. For once I agree with Auld Dunderheid. It is far easier reviewing incidents on video than still pictures. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

19 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

What a lot of nonsense. For once I agree with Auld Dunderheid. It is far easier reviewing incidents on video than still pictures. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Correct - I often spend time, looking through the back catologue from Gordon, Ben and David.  As often you see things differently - the prime example I thought Thom was a straight Red until I watched it again - and now think the yellow was harsh.

Dundonald draw with beggars and ten man Blackburn beat Camelon.
Maybe puts Saturday into  perspective isn't that right Gordon S(hite).
Nope. Anyone who knows anything about defending saw what I saw. Plenty others here said the same thing.

I'm not really into internet beefs so please don't bother.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Nope. Anyone who knows anything about defending saw what I saw. Plenty others here said the same thing.

I'm not really into internet beefs so please don't bother.

Of course you have your coaching credentials to back up your seemingly vast knowledge of setting up defences    have you ? 

On to Sauchie tonight lads!

I'm not sure what we are arguing about, I'm sure we all know shipping two to Blackburn needs to be improved upon if we are going to win this league. The best defence will win this league!

Big game to night already with points being dropped by fellow challengers.

We've fallen into a trap of getting very up tight when we criticise anything at all. The come back seems to be that everyone is trying their best. That's nonsense. We know what it takes to win a league and we fell way short last season. It's up to the manager and team to shove that criticism down our throats.

Let's get wise, Bradley needs to set this defence up and get clean sheets. He knows that and I'm confident that will be the message tonight. I'll take a 1-0 right now.

See you tonight!

HTG

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

On to Sauchie tonight lads!

I'm not sure what we are arguing about, I'm sure we all know shipping two to Blackburn needs to be improved upon if we are going to win this league. The best defence will win this league!

Big game to night already with points being dropped by fellow challengers.

We've fallen into a trap of getting very up tight when we criticise anything at all. The come back seems to be that everyone is trying their best. That's nonsense. We know what it takes to win a league and we fell way short last season. It's up to the manager and team to shove that criticism down our throats.

Let's get wise, Bradley needs to set this defence up and get clean sheets. He knows that and I'm confident that will be the message tonight. I'll take a 1-0 right now.

See you tonight!

HTG

Pretty much spot on - our problem last season wasn't  scoring - it was about a defence being unable to see out games.   If Braddo gets that correct - then it will take a good team to beat us. 

Pretty much spot on - our problem last season wasn't  scoring - it was about a defence being unable to see out games.   If Braddo gets that correct - then it will take a good team to beat us. 
Literally exactly what I've been saying for a year.

I'm encouraged by Barbour at centre half and McKinley at left back tonight, Barbour's a natural organiser.

Literally exactly what I've been saying for a year.

I'm encouraged by Barbour at centre half and McKinley at left back tonight, Barbour's a natural organiser.
Bad timing as Barbour gets ripped for the goal.