Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Is Ruari MacLennan at centre half a regular thing? Was very surprised to see him there given the type of player he was at Clyde but thought he done well by all accounts. 

Good set up at Linlithgow and cracking view of the game from the stand. Weather got a bit wild second half so thank f**k there was cover :lol:

Is Ruari MacLennan at centre half a regular thing? Was very surprised to see him there given the type of player he was at Clyde but thought he done well by all accounts. 
Good set up at Linlithgow and cracking view of the game from the stand. Weather got a bit wild second half so thank f**k there was cover [emoji38]
Ruari usually plays midfield but the Rose were down to bare bones today so he filled in at the back.

Why not think about that a moment? We were missing MacKinlay, Thom, MacKenzie and Barbour. One of the guys lined up to play central defence tweaked a hamstring before the game. One who was playing got a dead leg in the first half. How many centre halves do you think we should make available to deal with that sort of stuff? It's a pre-season run out - not an embarrassment. 
Given the list of players missing and a host of trialists such a game would was more suited to a closed doors match

18 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Given the list of players missing and a host of trialists such a game would was more suited to a closed doors match

Disagree. Seemed to me like plenty folk enjoyed the day. 

31 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Ruari usually plays midfield but the Rose were down to bare bones today so he filled in at the back.

As I said before looked really comfortable there. Better than Scullion anyway who just shouts and points a lot without doing much himself. Ronald looked good too and I would have him over our #11 trialist today. Sub keeper made a few really good saves but ultimately sold himself for our goal.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:
3 minutes ago, HTG said:
Disagree. Seemed to me like plenty folk enjoyed the day. 

Correct and a decent crowd for a friendly.

Yup, excellent visiting support. 

As I said before looked really comfortable there. Better than Scullion anyway who just shouts and points a lot without doing much himself. Ronald looked good too and I would have him over our #11 trialist today. Sub keeper made a few really good saves but ultimately sold himself for our goal.
Thought Ronald gave it away too often but only a friendly so not too fussed.

Funny how opinions differ. I thought it was a good game with the Rose playing some decent stuff in the first half. Given the number of trialists and players out of position I was surprised that it was as entertaining as it was.

Funny how opinions differ. I thought it was a good game with the Rose playing some decent stuff in the first half. Given the number of trialists and players out of position I was surprised that it was as entertaining as it was.

I would agree with you as we had 4 trialists to start with more coming on and a few others moved around accommodate, so to be in at all the way through was very pleasing.

Given that Clyde are at a higher level than us they should be expected to run the game but never took it by the scruff of the neck which meant we were always in it.

It's only a friendly and there is a long way to go before the season so time will tell how far we've still to go.

3 minutes ago, Bufty Boots said:

Can’t believe you didn’t know AMG left a month ago. Your pals not so informed anymore?

Hamilton director told me 2 weeks ago  when my son was on trial