Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Our pre-season fixtures line up is now complete and we've got some very interesting matches:

Sat 29 June - Clyde (h)

Sat 6 July - Annan Athletic (h)

Sat 13 July - Kilbirnie Ladeside (h)

Sat 20 July - Pollok (a)

Wed 24 July - Hibernian XI (h)

It's just a Gala Day - So why is it on

Edited by Auld Heid

12 hours ago, gogsy said:

Ross McKinnon, Martin Shields and Robert Sloane :thumbsdownall away according to Linlithgow twitter.

No real surprises in any of these 3 names.  None started regularly for various reasons, which tells a story, given how threadbare we were at times

15 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

They don’t even do programmes in case people don’t buy a raffle ticket. You’ve no chance :lol:

Bit tin pot isn't it?
Absolutely murder trying to follow the fortunes of the club abroad. Never know when games are and lack of communication via website. 

On 18/06/2019 at 16:28, montreal_exile said:

Bit tin pot isn't it?
Absolutely murder trying to follow the fortunes of the club abroad. Never know when games are and lack of communication via website. 

Every fixture, result and scorer is listed on the website. The fixture list for the entire season is pinned to the top of the club Facebook page. Every teamline and goal is updated live on Twitter. The EoS website carries live scores updates on every game every weekend. The twitter updates display on the home page of the website. 

Ben gave us great coverage before moving to Stirling Albion. We will continue to look for someone who can commit the time needed to produce the video service but frankly, if you don't know who we're playing or when then I don't think it's down to lack of options to find that information out. 

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Every fixture, result and scorer is listed on the website. The fixture list for the entire season is pinned to the top of the club Facebook page. Every teamline and goal is updated live on Twitter. The EoS website carries live scores updates on every game every weekend. The twitter updates display on the home page of the website. 

Ben gave us great coverage before moving to Stirling Albion. We will continue to look for someone who can commit the time needed to produce the video service but frankly, if you don't know who we're playing or when then I don't think it's down to lack of options to find that information out. 

I don't think he's really a sup porter more like an alias

Ben has certainly been a big miss.

It was great to sit down and get a 2nd view on goals and incidents. Listening to the Managers thoughts on the game etc.

A strong media presence is great for keeping the team/club in peoples thoughts

Good luck in finding a regular solution to Ben to supplement the hard work already going on.

Update on the squad as it stands. In addition to Ross Allum & Lee Wilson, we can confirm retention of Michael McKinven, Iain Gray, Jamie McKenzie, Gary Thom, Kevin McKinlay, Ruari MacLennan, Roddy MacLennan, Ross Barbour, Owen Ronald, Darren Smith, Tommy Coyne & Colin Strickland.

I noticed that Blair Batchelor hasn't signed on yet.

Update on the squad as it stands. In addition to Ross Allum & Lee Wilson, we can confirm retention of Michael McKinven, Iain Gray, Jamie McKenzie, Gary Thom, Kevin McKinlay, Ruari MacLennan, Roddy MacLennan, Ross Barbour, Owen Ronald, Darren Smith, Tommy Coyne & Colin Strickland.

I noticed that Blair Batchelor hasn't signed on yet.          
He works shifts, 8 believe which meant he was regularly missing training and Saturday's.

Which was a massive loss - as Blair is a top talent.

25 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I notice Linlithgow have put the admission price up to £ 7 and£ 5 for next season. I imagine most of the teams will follow suit with the increase.

They are also continuing with free admission to Under 16's.   Additionally anyone aged between 16-21 are entitled to the lower  entry of £5.  The club recognised it was a massive jump from free entry to £7 for young peope turning 16 and who could still be in FTE.

Whilst the rise from £3 to £5 is a large rise (over 60%) - Members voted through without dissent as the members appreciated and were supportive of the clubs thinking.