Queen's Park 2019/20

16 minutes ago, philpy said:

Sorry, but who is this "block" chap that's meant to be heading to us (raith)?? And is he any good??

Not brilliant, not bad. Big strong lad, pretty raw. Will get booked for cementing someone on multiple occasions. 

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Not brilliant, not bad. Big strong lad, pretty raw. Will get booked for cementing someone on multiple occasions. 

Thought he started the season brilliantly but his performances have dipped since then and he has been in and out of the team.  Really struggled in some of the Hampden games but he's not exactly alone there is he. Centre mid who played a couple of games at right back.

I think there is good potential there and his physical presence will help but I don't see him as a regular starter at League 1 level yet. Having more experienced players around him would be good from his point of view though.  Our midfield is certainly lacking in that. 

Edited by Spider Rico

31 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

On Queen's Park...

“This is different. This is the chance to build a club from the ground up. Not many managers get the opportunity, the resources and the time to do it. There isn’t another job in Scotland at this moment that has the potential this one has. That’s what attracted me."

Let's hope the output is so positive. Encouraging.

On 02/01/2020 at 20:34, The man with no name said:

Have you seen Zander Easedale play?

No. Therefore it's a load of bollocks to say he was being forced to play Easdale.

I wish you nothing but failure under Snake.

Mark done well to bring in Ryan Finnie. I thought he was excellent yesterday. Galt was MOTM. That second assist was beyond naughty. Great scenes when we scored. The Rayvolution is on.

Sal started the season slow but he’s looking confident and dangerous. He was unlucky not to score a header in the first half.

Where has this Billy been hiding? 2 goals and an assist in 2 games, magic.

Does anyone else think Clarke should be in ahead of Foy? Perhaps a new experienced centre half may be the best option.

Suddenly we’re looking up the table and pushing for play-offs. Definitely need to bury Rovers at Hampden in 2 weeks. Well done Queens [emoji835]️[emoji836]️

Not getting carried away about playoffs. It's still the same squad who have shown fragility when it comes to putting a run together. We've won a few games we weren't supposed to and given ourselves platforms against what are "easier" looking games and our arse has gone. Ultimately, that's what ended up costing Mark Roberts his job. 

We need to start putting these performances in against the teams around us if we're going to make sure we're looking up the table. That, of course, doesn't detract from what was an absolutely magnificent performance from the whole team yesterday. A couple of additions still required just to strengthen us in areas where we're a bit short on numbers and quality.