Queen's Park 2019/20

18 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Don’t you know Cowdenbeath is more affluent than Glasgow and we have hundreds of millionaires in the town chipping in. 

Never said that but I think that you will find that your club, in the last three years, has had about 100k in interest free loans put into it by three people and good luck to you and all the rest of the supporters who turn up every week to support them.  I do not think that our support is that much bigger than yours but cannot see where we will get the money to give up our amateur status, for the reasons that I stated earlier. As somebody else said, there will have to be big changes in the way that the club is run, if, in my opinion, it is to survive in the SPFL

24 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

"The board of the Scottish FA will now seek to ensure ownership of Hampden Park is a game-changer for the Association, its members and all its stakeholders."

Certainly a game-changer for us.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Never said that but I think that you will find that your club, in the last three years, has had about 100k in interest free loans put into it by three people and good luck to you and all the rest of the supporters who turn up every week to support them.  I do not think that our support is that much bigger than yours but cannot see where we will get the money to give up our amateur status, for the reasons that I stated earlier. As somebody else said, there will have to be big changes in the way that the club is run, if, in my opinion, it is to survive in the SPFL

We have to pay large amounts of rent and upkeep to the ground. What you’re sating to me is that a team that’s away to build a state of the art ground and pitch, in Glasgow, with no debt left will not be able to capitalise on this and pay players? Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

30 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Cowden boys all over this thread. The new Clyde 😜

Forgot you aren't allowed to discuss with fellow fans on here. No one is saying anything negative against QP either so wind yer neck in.

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

We have to pay large amounts of rent and upkeep to the ground. What you’re sating to me is that a team that’s away to build a state of the art ground and pitch, in Glasgow, with no debt left will not be able to capitalise on this and pay players? Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

My understanding is that when your previous owner sold the ground it was on the condition that your club were allowed to play there rent free and that that you paid for the upkeep of the pitch and indeed the stands and the terracing ,however if I am wrong, I am wrong and only time will tell if I am wrong about the jolly old Queens. Looking forward to our games with you this season and I hope that they are a good advert for our level of football.

4 hours ago, Dooflick said:

My understanding is that when your previous owner sold the ground it was on the condition that your club were allowed to play there rent free and that that you paid for the upkeep of the pitch and indeed the stands and the terracing ,however if I am wrong, I am wrong and only time will tell if I am wrong about the jolly old Queens. Looking forward to our games with you this season and I hope that they are a good advert for our level of football.

I'm not arsed about the advert for our level of football. Four 1-0 shitfests in our favour would do very nicely. 

22 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Forgot you aren't allowed to discuss with fellow fans on here. No one is saying anything negative against QP either so wind yer neck in.

It was a joke (hence the emoji), stop taking yourself so seriously, I welcome all input and advice

Edited by Mick1867

7 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

How’s you feeling about the stadium lads?

I’m buzzing for yous.

Is there nae way you’s could turn pro, invest £1m of it in the squad and aim to the premiership, nah?

Buzzing to go to Lesser Hampden next season in League 2 if no x

It will be better for our level of football, but still very sad to leave Hampden, particularly under the circumstances. 

9 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

How’s you feeling about the stadium lads?

I’m buzzing for yous.

Is there nae way you’s could turn pro, invest £1m of it in the squad and aim to the premiership, nah?

Buzzing to go to Lesser Hampden next season in League 2 if no x

Good plan. Ploughing money in to the playing group certainly helped Falkirk last season. Give it a couple of years and you'll get the old derby back with the Shire again.

There's talk of resurrecting some of the good ideas from the Rangers fans a few years ago. Jacuzzi in the social club seemed to be a winner. Maybe even a dart board. Maybe we could work them both in together on  Friday night training session for the players. Drunk Dart Dodging - keep them on their toes with that one. Open to any improvements you can think of.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Excited to see how he gets on this season, really impressed with his all round game 

Glad to see Moore re-sign. Showed a good deal of improvement as last season went on and deserves the chance to build on that. Needs to become a more consistent scorer though as hard work and energy will only get you so far.

It will be better for our level of football, but still very sad to leave Hampden, particularly under the circumstances. 
For all that I'll be sad to leave Hampden, I'm really looking forward to playing at Lesser. Hopefully we can build on the excellent facilities that are already there and get ourselves a really great wee ground to call home. It should create a much better atmosphere at games, and as has been previously mentioned, perhaps we can also have sensibly priced pies.

Is there any talk of what the redeveloped Lesser will be called. Are we sticking with Lesser Hampden and or JB Mcalpine? Or will it be renamed? Or would we sell the naming rights? 'The Irn Bru Arena' is catchy, but  'The City Facilities Management Holdings Ltd. Stadium' may be more fitting.