Queen's Park 2019/20

Why do you think a whole section would be better out of interest? I think the majority of our fans prefer a seat so the two rows would suffice, no?

I was at the game today I prefer to sit and watch the game the fans directly behind me were standing it’s not great.A separate standing section in my opinion would be better for all fans .

Why do you think a whole section would be better out of interest? I think the majority of our fans prefer a seat so the two rows would suffice, no?

Perhaps 5 or 6 rows at the back of one section then? Can’t see how 2 standing rows along the back of the full stand makes sense (if that is the plan).
Everyone sits at Hampden for obvious reasons but that won’t be the case at Lesser hopefully. Good crowd of away fans enjoy a stand and sing. I reckon a section grouped together makes more sense from an atmosphere perspective.

The problem with standing is obviously that it can't be at the expense of the sight lines of those sitting. Hopefully something is rattled up that satisfies everyone. The Club have been working hard to get a standing area because they know it's wanted. The rules they are being subjected to on standing / seating are different from those that the "non league" teams work to. Cove, for example, built their ground under less prescriptive guidelines as they built it before they came into the "league" set-up.

On 21/11/2019 at 14:58, The man with no name said:

The President was asked about a standing area in a question from the audience, he said that there will be one.

I can't be the only one that heard that!

Yes he did I understand, but he did not say that It would be the back two rows, so where did that come from TMWNN? If this is club policy it must change. A section must be built at the  the north end, of the new west stand  for our supporters. Yesterday the guys who were standing did not cause a problem for those who were sitting, myself included and it created a wonderful atmosphere, even for an old codger like me.

On 21/11/2019 at 14:58, The man with no name said:

The President was asked about a standing area in a question from the audience, he said that there will be one.

I can't be the only one that heard that!

I also heard the president-in-waiting tell us he wanted to have a matchday experience that people would want to choose QP over others. Our home game atmosphere is abysmal. We were supposed to be using this new opportunity to better things. Some people like to sit, some need to sit. No problem with that. If you want any good references for those that like to stand and make some noise to urge the team on, go ask the 11 players that came over after the game yesterday and started shaking hands and embracing the humble fans. Maybe Gerry and the Undertakers could join us one week and feel the joy.

Two rows along the back of the full length of the stand does qualify for your vague statement. It's utterly ridiculous though. And won't improve the badly needed vocal support. Maybe that small 'c' the President frequently refers to could be swapped from conservatism to creativeness. And while he's at it, try swapping ambiguity with ambition. Forgiveness over permission.

Wee bit of extra gate money from the cup tie. That being the case, it'd be good to see the club subsidising travel to get as big a support down there as possible. Half an hour down the road, so shouldn't be bank breaking stuff. We took over 600 to Motherwell a few years ago. It'd be good to see as take a good few hundred to Rugby Park as well. 

On 23/11/2019 at 22:23, NathanQP said:

Nah, quite a significant amount of us hate sitting down, it kills the atmosphere instantly, and the main reason why I love away days. A few weeks ago the terracing behind the goal at Ochilview was open for us but you could still go to their stand if you wanted to. The vast majority of our support were on the terracing. 

We'll see how this works out at Lesser. Gerry wanted the place to feel like a proper football ground again so I hope there will be no restrictions on how many of us can stand. I reckon folk will still stand up in the seated area anyway, as long as it's in front of the official standing bit and not in front of anyone wanting to sit, or who obviously needs to sit. That's how it usually works when we are at places like Methil - we self-police it -  and that's how it worked at Dumfries on Saturday.

I just pray that we have sensible stewarding, and preferably not the current rabble of wannabe Gestapo we use. If we do use them then they need proper and sensible directives from our club as Lesser has the potential to be a  great wee arena if we get this right  and don't piss people off  ( no body searches on the way in would be a nice start)  

Edited by Mick1867

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Wee bit of extra gate money from the cup tie. That being the case, it'd be good to see the club subsidising travel to get as big a support down there as possible. Half an hour down the road, so shouldn't be bank breaking stuff. We took over 600 to Motherwell a few years ago. It'd be good to see as take a good few hundred to Rugby Park as well. 

Aye that would be nice. Of course we were there in the League Cup at the start of last season and they papped us in the upper deck behind the goal and we were all squeezed into a "boxed off" area of it. It was ridiculous. I'd like to think we will take far more down for this game so hopefully we'lll be able to sit where we want and preferably in the lower deck

Just a word to say it was great to see Willie Muir back in the team on Saturday (after his recent personal stuff) and even greater to see him back on top form. Delighted for the lad. 

Incidentally, the trialist keeper is now down at Bolton on trial. Played for their under 23 team I hear   

49 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye that would be nice. Of course we were there in the League Cup at the start of last season and they papped us in the upper deck behind the goal and we were all squeezed into a "boxed off" area of it. It was ridiculous. I'd like to think we will take far more down for this game so hopefully we'lll be able to sit where we want and preferably in the lower deck

Think it's always the upper tier for the away support at Rugby Park, unless it's a large support. They'll ask as how many they think we'll bring and box us into an area of around that capacity. I'd rather we were all boxed in the one bit than spread out tbh. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Think it's always the upper tier for the away support at Rugby Park, unless it's a large support. They'll ask as how many they think we'll bring and box us into an area of around that capacity. I'd rather we were all boxed in the one bit than spread out tbh. 

Any reason why they just can't do that in the lower deck though? 

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:10, Dooflick said:

Yes he did I understand, but he did not say that It would be the back two rows, so where did that come from TMWNN? If this is club policy it must change. A section must be built at the  the north end, of the new west stand  for our supporters. Yesterday the guys who were standing did not cause a problem for those who were sitting, myself included and it created a wonderful atmosphere, even for an old codger like me.

Seconded , brilliant atmosphere created by those standing and singing, just ask the players what a help that was on the day. Committee must find a way of allowing standing at our new home a couple of rows at the back wont work IMO