Queen's Park 2019/20

1 hour ago, Glasgow1999 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/corinthian-spirit-made-queens-park-20889520

The vote has been won, so there is not any point in going over a lot of issues. Dont know the two guys mentioned or their views on the vote, so I will take your word that they were for it. I agree the expensive allegations were unfounded and inaccurate. I think the compensation issue is a decent point as there are some who believe it will provide huge riches which will continue for many years, which is very optimistic to say the least.

The good points for me started with the headline which describe the spirit the Club had as an amateur team

in professional league. Some on this forum report that the amateur status had no importance for them, but it was a history that no other Club in the world could match.

The article speaks of the requirements of professional football, for instance buying and selling players. It would be good if the Club could continue to differentiate itself from other clubs, by maintaining traditional and different values from most clubs but this will not be easy. Will the Club motto be changed ? 

Continuing to run a successful and thriving youth system means more to me than some Latin words!

2 hours ago, an86 said:

I think the people who have steered us through this have shown themselves to be shrewd enough not to sign up to a loose agreement for some magic beans. They're not going to put the club at risk. 

I am sure they will and hopefully those who follow will do the same.

We've not been bought over by some rich Arab.
A local businessman is going to invest some money in his local team. This happens all over our leagues. He's not even wanting a seat on the committee.

It’s Arturo isn’t it? I’ll expect 25p on the price of my favourite sandwich in his deli (the Arturo, Parma ham, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella).
Should he take control of the club can we expect the same high turnover of staff as he has in his shop?

46 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Heads up for Saturday...one of these gigs where you have to buy a ticket at the stadium to enter the ground.

http://www.qosfc.com/prices

It says that that doesn't apply to some cup games. Arrangements for each cup game will be notified. I can't find the notification which probably means it's staring me in the face.

On 19/11/2019 at 12:25, Mick1867 said:

We've not been bought over by some rich Arab.

A local businessman is going to invest some money in his local team. This happens all over our leagues. He's not even wanting a seat on the committee.

As long as he puts Tennents in the club, I don't care how we do on the park. 

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

It says that that doesn't apply to some cup games. Arrangements for each cup game will be notified. I can't find the notification which probably means it's staring me in the face.

I'm guessing it's more for a big team visiting. Strong possibility the Black & White Army doesn't qualify. Hopefully the media team get confirmation later in the week. I'd just hate for any of the lads that like a wee pre-match shandy to miss the first two goals.

image.thumb.png.c7711fd34919dc8ee9fddda1e2701cdf.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

24 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Standing areas been ditched?

It would be disappointing if scope in the application didn't include for future development of both ends. Even so, would be nice to see some craetive thinking...what's to stop a standing area within a seated area? every game i see on the telly has wonderful stadia full of seats with 60-70% of fans standing. Don't need those hybrid seats either. Just flat concrete and a crush bar.

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

The good news is that with a positive vote last week we will need both new stands at least!

Looks like they are moving the two lights pylons at the halfway line, a good move and TMWNN man tells us that there will by safe standing in the back two rows of the main stand, which is also good news.Thought only a Committee man would know that, but of course TMWNN just asked one of them, that's how he knows.

5 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Looks like they are moving the two lights pylons at the halfway line, a good move and TMWNN man tells us that there will by safe standing in the back two rows of the main stand, which is also good news.Thought only a Committee man would know that, but of course TMWNN just asked one of them, that's how he knows.

The President confirmed there was standing at the last 2 meetings I was at. That's how I know.