Queen's Park 2019/20

48 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:
Zlatan expected to sign in time for the Cowden game.

Eight goals scored in the last two weeks by the resurgent QP. Zlatan knows he'll have to be patient before he gets a start.

Doesn't look like Zlatan.

The first semi pro signing needs to be significant as it’ll go down in history, looking at the squad at the moment I would give the first contract to Galt.

Reading the comments from other fans on Twitter, looks like we’ve lost the sympathy card with many but who would want to be the club that everyone feels sorry for.

Onwards and Upwards.

"Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive"

A new era and here's hoping for a rejuvenated Queen's Park - a club that can retain its players, hopefully work its way up the league and become much more of a community club. Lots of challenges for the committee, members and supporters over the next few years, but we can do it!

Hearing that Robbo has fired in a transfer request to Klopp and Shanks is mulling over a pre-contract.

23 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Definitely a sad day for you but for the rest of us.....

I really feel that any QPFC supporter  must have some sadness at the change of status which was so fundamental to the Clubs history. History of the Club must have importance even for the strongest supporters of the change, if not why would anyone support the Club? It was not a secret that the Club were amateur! If anyone did not like that they could have followed any number of teams. I do think it was not good that people who did not support the change were described as being 'selfish' amongst other things. I believe that everyone who supports the Club had the best interests of the Club at heart whichever side of the issue they were, and hopefully everyone recognises this now?

The change has been made and I am sure all supporters will do whatever they can to make it a success. There will be challenges and the change does not guarantee success, but everyone now needs to help move forward.

Edited by Glasgow1999

15 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

Sad day for football.

Nah Amateur sport was only ever intended to stop the riffraff from getting involved in top level sport as they couldn't afford the time off work needed to compete. I am not a Queen's supporter so I never got deliberately hindering your chances and playing in a stadium at least 10 times what was needed just to keep tradition. Their most important tradition for me is developing young players and you don't need to be amateur to do that. Going pro and moving to a ground more suited to their needs its exciting times for The Spiders. Good luck.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

Reading the comments from other fans on Twitter, looks like we’ve lost the sympathy card with many but who would want to be the club that everyone feels sorry for.

Quite honestly who gives a toss about sympathy? How many players did that help to keep, how many people did that get through the turnstile and how much cash did it bring into the club? 

A bit fat zero to them all I suspect.

1 hour ago, Glasgow1999 said:

History of the Club must have importance even for the strongest supporters of the change, if not why would anyone support the Club? It was not a secret that the Club were amateur! If anyone did not like that they could have followed any number of teams.

I could have but thankfully I became a ball boy many, many years ago and decided to support my local team. Being amateur didn't play any part in my decision at all back then, it didn't even cross my mind, I just knew from that point onwards that supporting my local team was the right thing to do for the rest of my life.

If there wasn't relegation from League 2 and if we weren't leaving Hampden then I would have been more than happy to stay amateur. We'll always have our fine history, nothing will change that, but it's the future that matters now. I don't see it as a sad day at all,  I've had enough of the negativity that has been going around the place since we lost control over the stadium 20 years ago ( the fault of our own committee back then it has to be said) I see it is as a great opportunity for us. We have so much to look forward to if we do it right. 91% Is a pretty emphatic result ( I imagine it would have been even greater had the whole support had a vote)  and shows that the club's support is far from polarised on the issue  . Time for us all to step up now and do our bit.   

Edited by Mick1867

7 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Doesn't look like Zlatan.

Looks like the much-discussed right back spot is getting sorted then. I was intrigued by the text that quoted Marko as saying "to have received the international clearance..." and then list his last club as Caledonian Braves.

Anyway, welcome and good luck Ryan Finnie.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I was intrigued by the text that quoted Marko as saying "to have received the international clearance..." and then list his last club as Caledonian Braves.

Going by the oracle that is Wikipedia he played for Caledonian Braves for the second half of last season then signed for IFK Mora in Sweden in August.  Must have got sick of the meatballs or something (feel free to add other Swedish stereotypes).  

5 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Going by the oracle that is Wikipedia he played for Caledonian Braves for the second half of last season then signed for IFK Mora in Sweden in August.  Must have got sick of the meatballs or something (feel free to add other Swedish stereotypes).  

Did you mean Sikea of the meatballs?