Queen's Park 2019/20

On 20/08/2019 at 11:23, The man with no name said:

If it's put to a vote and 74.9% vote for a change then it fails. Chaos ensues and a minority are allowed to derail the majority of the Club. That would be unthinkable and a bigger disgrace and more damaging to the Club than 76% voting for change and the minority being upset!

Then as Spider says call an EGM and change things.75% is there for a reason and the Committee are afraid that they will not get turning Pro through, although I do not think that you have to change the Articles of Association to go Pro. Just call a meeting, of Members only, and give the facts and figures to the Members and ask them to support turning Pro. There is no doubt in my mind that they will. The way things are going this is an attempt by the Committee to do things that they want done because they are afraid that the Members will reject it. Talking about doing things that they want done, why has there been no announcement by the club, that Malky McKay Sen, who did not stand for election at the last AGM, was co-opted   back onto the Committee at the very next Committee meeting? Whatever the reasons for this decision, surely the Members should have been informed that this had happened? 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Talking about doing things that they want done, why has there been no announcement by the club, that Malky McKay Sen, who did not stand for election at the last AGM, was co-opted   back onto the Committee at the very next Committee meeting? Whatever the reasons for this decision, surely the Members should have been informed that this had happened? 

Seriously? How many times has this happened now with him? He seems to step aside to let younger blood on, then manages to get himself back on. I know he is a bit of a club legend and everything but can he not just do what Peter Buchanan does and take his ex- president privileges without having an influence on anything

3 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Then as Spider says call an EGM and change things.75% is there for a reason and the Committee are afraid that they will not get turning Pro through, although I do not think that you have to change the Articles of Association to go Pro. Just call a meeting, of Members only, and give the facts and figures to the Members and ask them to support turning Pro. There is no doubt in my mind that they will. The way things are going this is an attempt by the Committee to do things that they want done because they are afraid that the Members will reject it. Talking about doing things that they want done, why has there been no announcement by the club, that Malky McKay Sen, who did not stand for election at the last AGM, was co-opted   back onto the Committee at the very next Committee meeting? Whatever the reasons for this decision, surely the Members should have been informed that this had happened? 

As a season ticket holder, you show a lot of concern for the Members. Nothing behind my next question other than interested curiousity. Can I ask why you're not a Member? You would be able to get the answers if put at a Club meeting.

19 hours ago, The man with no name said:

As a season ticket holder, you show a lot of concern for the Members. Nothing behind my next question other than interested curiousity. Can I ask why you're not a Member? You would be able to get the answers if put at a Club meeting.

It does not matter what my status is as a QP supporter TMWNN the fact is that the Committee have hidden from the world the fact that they have put him  back on the Committee, without being elected. I only know because I bumped into his son and he told me about it.Why would I want to be a member of a club that keeps secrets from it's members?

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

It does not matter what my status is as a QP supporter TMWNN the fact is that the Committee have hidden from the world the fact that they have put him  back on the Committee, without being elected. I only know because I bumped into his son and he told me about it.Why would I want to be a member of a club that keeps secrets from it's members?

Dooflick, your paranoia is worthy of an Old Firm fan! Anyone who knows our Club realises that it's not the best at communication. I imagine there is a good reason for him being co-opted on to the Committee. If you were a member you could write and ask the Club for an explanation but then you may have to wait a while for a reply. If I was you, and this was something that you really had a burning desire to know the answer to, I would ask a Committee Member on Saturday. Hopefully you will get an answer and not "it's a secret and we can't tell you".

I see the club is holding an informal update meeting on 18 Sep about the club's player status going forward.

Hopefully they will have decided to move forward and the club has concrete plans about going pro.

If nothing else it may end all the interminable debate on here about making sure we go through due process (some hope).

Edited by Boris the Spider

2 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

I see the club is holding an informal update meeting on 18 Sep aboit the club's player status going forward.

Hopefully they will have decided to move forward and the club has concrete plans about going pro.

If nothing else it may end all the interminable debate on here about making sure we go through due process (some hope).

Hopefully the Spider can attend and ask his questions.

55 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

If you were a member you could write and ask the Club for an explanation but then you may have to wait a while for a reply. 

Since when did you have to be a member of the club to get an explanation for anything? Thankfully recent meetings have been open to all. Whoever runs our club is the business of ALL our supporters who pay money to watch us. As a member I am always encouraging non-members to join however I understand people's circumstances are different. You ever thought that he might not be able to afford the extra money?

42 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Re Malky senior, as long as I can remember, people have been co-opted onto the Committee, generally those who have a good working relationship with the SFA, SFL, SPFL. This gives them appropriate status when dealing with these bodies.

😂 aye that's really worked out well for us eh